User Tag List

Thread: Slywater - Developer Application (Multiple)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slywater - Developer Application (Multiple)

Developer Application
    Byond ID?
    Slywater

Age?

Gender?
    Male

How would you define yourself? (Coder, Mapper, Spriter):
    Multiple

If Coder, what languages?
    C++/C, Python, J, Ruby, Bash, DM (learnt recently, but that shouldn't be a problem)

Any previous experience developing with SS13?
    I have worked with baystation code in the past, but nothing official.

Proof of any previous or current work:
    https://github.com/Silicon-Slywater

Most of my Git projects are private, but here are some screenshots nonetheless:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I do realize that the CoD screenshots are the same as on my other app, but most of my older work is collecting dust on my previous hard drive, so I'll need to find everything if you need more shots. That being said, there are a couple of small games which I can try and dig up if needed.

How well do you know Git?
    I use Github regularly, and I have used Gitlab also.

Your primary job is server development, not policing the server. You may be given Moderator-level of access but you should *not* be invoking any administrative actions unless there are no moderators or Admins online. Do you understand?
    Yes

Anything else you'd like to add?
    My previous app: https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=15840

When I was informed of the age requirement nearly a year ago, BMC asked me to come back, so here I am. After reading up on this junior position that is being introduced, I thought it would be worth applying again.

My work has been split between mapping and coding in the past, and recently I have come to combine them via the means of procedural generation. Although applicants may become either coders or mappers, I feel myself torn between the two. Still, it is my intention to give what I can, and I would be happy covering both areas if necessary.
    Last edited by Slywater; 01-24-2019 at 09:10 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Sly,

Recently in the dev team we discussed the "multiple" option for application and how it wasn't really working since we have different tests for different positions and what not.

So in that light, would you be interested in applying as a mapper, or as a coder? I see you have experience in both fields, and doing a bit of coding as a mapper or a bit of mapping as a coder is not out of the question, but focusing on one field would be appreciated.

So, which position would you like to apply for - mapper or coder?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePiachu View Post
    Hey Sly,

Recently in the dev team we discussed the "multiple" option for application and how it wasn't really working since we have different tests for different positions and what not.

So in that light, would you be interested in applying as a mapper, or as a coder? I see you have experience in both fields, and doing a bit of coding as a mapper or a bit of mapping as a coder is not out of the question, but focusing on one field would be appreciated.

So, which position would you like to apply for - mapper or coder?
    After thinking about it, I would be more confident mapping. As much as I enjoy coding, mapping may be better suited for me at this moment in time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Slywater,
    Just want to check up and make sure you're aware: I was unable to find you on discord but I've issued you a mapping test via forum PM. Let me know if you've recieved it, thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakey View Post
    Hey Slywater,
    Just want to check up and make sure you're aware: I was unable to find you on discord but I've issued you a mapping test via forum PM. Let me know if you've recieved it, thanks!
    Yeah, I've received it.
    I look forward to getting back to you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Slywater!

Apologies for the long time it's taken to process your application. After reviewing your application, you showed great attention to detail as well as consideration of play-space. We've decided to accept your application; welcome aboard.
    Next step for you to take will be to contact Dean on discord and send him your e-mail, byond key, and gitlab username.
    Hope to see you soon.

Thanks!

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Closed till Dean completes registration process