Date of Incident
    June 22, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Goddard 'Eagle' Pearsall

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    unknown

Accused Character Name
    Connor Anderson

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    about 5:30 CST

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 2-4?, Rule 6

Description of the incident:
    Basically after the dropship hijack annoucement, the CO ordered "all Marines" to board Alamo to fly back down to the surface for evacuation. A number of people, including about a third of the medical staff and others who weren't equipped for combat and felt that heading back down would be suicidal, decided to head to the pods due to the fact that it was never stated evac wouldn't be called and the XO stated that they would call evac.

Shortly after this, Normandy hit CIC and a scant few Marines and civilians found themselves trapped on the ship with no way to escape when many chose to stay specifically for the pods. Meanwhile, the CO took about 15-20+ Marines down on Alamo and made an announcement about how they would build the base camp to wait for rescue, seemingly implying that they made the IC decision off the OOC knowledge that the entire hive went up (which admins often spawn large numbers of AI Xenos to discourage should a fair number of Marines evacuate on a dropship) and either forgot or chose not to call evac via their tablet.

For the record I did ahelp after a bit, but it couldn't be resolved during the round and staff contacted me about this and suggested I make a player report because of this.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    None I have personally, sadly.

How you would punish the accused:
    Honestly, I don't know. I wouldn't be too mad if it wasn't for the fact this is the second or third time I've seen a CO pull this exact stunt in the last day or two and I doubt anyone really wants it to become a common thing.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I am the one being reported, I was the CO in this round and one the day before that had something similar. I'll say what happened in the first round I tried this.

We evacuated via Normandy 2 days ago (I believe) after XO suggested it and everyone else agreed with it, I wasn't gonna do it originally but it sounded pretty unique so we wen't with it. That one didn't really work out and Jerkface spawned around 80 alien ravages to kill us all.

As for the round I am being reported, there were too many xenos coming up and we have mostly all died after a poor evacuation, I ordered this seeing that it failed last time and I wanted to see what we could do down there, seeing that it's "off-meta" and not your usual Almayer hold. PO and me were looking at cams, we could clearly see that the amount of xenos that were shown in last bioscan were there. The XO stayed to call evac and distress for the civilians, which I had nothing against. After we launched we setup a CIC north of LZ1 (This was Sorokyne) and a marine barracks in the canteen. We went to fix telecommunications to communicate, this is where I noticed there was no beacon or evac for too long. I called distress which was denied by staff so I assumed SD was on. I announced for shipside crew to fix tcomms for us to communicate.

I had no ill intent and just wanted to do something different, if anything this stops the delay as marines lose 99% of the time. But I apologize if this ruined your round, if it has such a negative impact I will leave this off. It's not something I planned to do every second round anyways, and seeing it worked one round, again, I have no intention of doing it again.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can accept that apology. Mostly my frustration's with the fact that if you don't immediately call for evac, it really messes with everyone left behind. I was on the dropship for the first incident and thought it was hilarious (mostly because I called it), but it can cause serious frustration if the person with the command tablet leaves and CIC gets hit as happened above since then everyone on the Almayer is stuck in a situation where they're stuck fighting with half the strength they should have and no command structure to organize them when they're scattered around the ship.

Like I said though, I feel like you're being genuine and I accept the apology since I can understand missing things and wanting to try new ideas.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FGR are you withdrawing this or?
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbh this report was mostly for me to voice my concerns about the situation from the round. I'm fine walking away with an apology, so sorry if you've been waiting for me to say I was withdrawing it all this time. I'm happy with the apology tbh, so no point to keep it open any further.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resolved
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids