Thread: My opinion on the problem with predators

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by revbenji View Post
    snip
    So they were supposed to help you and die too? You made the same mistake... Twice. And you say its a problem somehow. Its exactly like saying that fire is a problem, because I put my hand twice in it and it burned me.

Normal competent marines don't engage preds unless they have a lot of other rines on screen, or atleast one very robust. They know that they have little to no chance to beat pred with their skill level and gear gathered more towards shooting benos.

How in your ideal CM world, preds and marines would have to behave? Kill eachother on sight all the time with every available weapon? Then benos would just wait in caves each pred round till one kills the other.

Decent, or Robust rines do hunt Preds. I do hunt preds even with fucking slug shotgun and only 1vs1. Each time I know that I will die, because I would need to hit pred like 15 times with slug and that is impossible, unless player playing said pred is a member of staff (because they are usually unrobust as heck).

Yes, its about RP. As much as many sweaty benos would like, CM isn't TDM only. You can RP with preds and you should. I guess they weren't "just standing" next to pred, but they were actually talking, RPing and shit. If pred is willing to do that, I wouldn't shoot him on sight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    luh mahyo, cabal is right. just dont attack us and you'll probably be fine. also dont be cringe
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One time I served drinks to a predator as a colony synth and xenos joined in it was pretty epic
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I attack Predators on sight even though I'm unlikely to win. I'm here to kill aliens, and by god I'll at least try.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm yet to find any appeal in predator, and by extension applying for it. The only fun and meaningful pred interaction I ever had was chainsaw having a convo with me about my programming as a synth then punching me repeatedly to try to loophole my programming into attacking him.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember this pred who took once my gloves and I kept chasing him through the colony as I kept calling him names and he did likewise, imo I found it hilarious.

I personally find the issue of preds being similar to synthetics in combat restrictions, the difference being that atleast synthetics partake as an important role to the round while preds can barely wander around the colony without being hunted spending 90% of the round spamming the cloack macro and probably hunting the honourable XX-210 Young Runner.
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Preds should start out with a camera because they're literally just funny tourists. The only time i've seen someone attack preds was a BASED xeno Queen who ordered three preds dead after marines btfo'd to Almayer

The entirety of dchat and xenos were shitting all over her for this fantastic decision that gloriously lost the lives of many a xeno. It's just commonly meta'd that you "shouldn't shoot jamaicans" because "that's just what you don't do, bro". It's super immersion breaking every time I see preds just fucking walking around me chucklefucking around literally pushing marines. The honor code is great but without actually being a threat preds are just the Jester role from Town of Salem.

I tend to try and get them onto the Almayer and pretend they're survivors but I haven't been very successful as of yet

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HoseaPalindrome View Post
    snip
    Just because you saw it only one time doesn't mean it doesn't happen at all. As I said before, not many marines actually hunt preds. You have to be robust, suicidal, or have a lot of back up to do that.

I don't know how it is meta to not shoot preds. They are supposed to be like 2.5 meters tall, towering over marines. Big fucking mountain of muscle, clad into super powerfull armor and wielding super powerfull tech and weapons. All of that and they are neutral. Why the fuck marines should shoot on sight anything that is neutral?
    Nobody says "Don't shoot jamaicans" because "that's just what you don't do bro". If somebody says that to you, he thinks that you are no match for pred, so don't bother. Its the same situation as telling baldo with flamer to not flame ravs and Queen. Is it meta to inform baldos that they shouldn't try to attack Rav and Queen with flamer?

And I don't know how they are not a threat for marines, or benos. If you are unknown baldo, then 90% of preds won't even consider hunting you, because there is no fricking point in hunting baldos as preds. All they have to do is just run up to you and slash 3 times and you are dead, so its no fun for a pred, this is why they engage robust rines and benos.

Also read Honor Code again, they can go to Almayer only to get the gear back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    SNIP
    No,no, no, I totally see your point, you DO have to be suicidal to fight preds, which is why MOST people don't do it hence they just walk around like tourists.

It's just very META in the sense of like...Ok, marines say jamaican because marines aren't aware of what a yautya is lorewise, right? and sure it's a 2.5 meters tall, and scary, but we fight xenomorphs and they're like 6 meters tall or more and way scarier. And it's just a little clownish to come to, like, south FOB and see 6 marines failing to disarm intent a scaly 2.5m big high tech alien as he wordlessly trips marines for funsies.

So if marines don't even know what a yautya is, don't you think it's meta to say shit like"oh yes, jamaicans, they only attack back if you fuck with them", like, ok huh? what? How a marine know that exactly? And people DO say that, CONSTANTLY. I'm convinced of it, go to a round right now, say you saw a funny looking dreadlocks marine sneaking around in your marine comms and that you're gonna go shoot it. I guarantee you someone's gonna explain the honor code to you within 10 seconds.

It's not like I even have a problem with that necessarily, but it's imo the most unintentionally funniest shit on CM. I can not, and will not take preds seriously

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    I don't know from where you get that idea, but pred can fuck you up even if you didn't provoke him. You don't care about them and you never were attacked by one, because they usually are restrained from attacking newbies/random names, because in most of the cases they wouldn't give much a challenging fight.
    Pred in gameplay is more like vanilla SS13 Wizard, than Clown. Wizard that made up some rules for himself and others and searches for those who are "worthy" of a fight. Unless its some baldo pred (and those are not in short supply) that aren't too robust, so they are likely to avoid robust names and kill randoms.
    Just read their "Code of Honor": "//showthread.php?46-Predator-Honor-Code"
    Where is there written that pred can't do shit if you don't do shit to him? Only in certain situations like being a medic who treats marines, or injured one.

Imagine bringing up balance changes and beno nerfs to a thread about preds.
    Lurker chain pounce was piss poor easy and bullshit tactic and you have BOO to confirm. Wait... You don't have him to confirm, because he left when this cheap shot one-trick was reworked on Lurker.
    Warrior lunge was just as bullshit.
    Such as one-hit neuro.
    Pain was bullshit also. Imagine getting broken chest, healing it as much as you can without surgery, splinting and still fucking "fumbling with your hands" each 10 fricking seconds. Great gameplay, it was only "annoying", not fucking broken and stupid.
    Pain crit was bullshit on top of that. Not only dropping shit each 10 seconds, but also fucking dropping completly on the ground and suffocating after luckey RNG beno slash.
    Removed diseases, because it annoyed marines? As much as I know, it was removed to reduce lag. If benos aren't annoyed by lags and marines are, then I'm fucking helpless against brain benomainism. This is true disease of our time, fuck those chinese bat soup infections, brain benomainism is true pandemic with subtle symptoms like this.
    Removed delimbs? As far as I know, even fucking heavy armor lost hand and feet protection and permanent damage tresholds weren't raised either.

You want to party in this way little birdy?
    They removed nest guarding, because it annoyed benos.
    They removed roundstart LTB, because it annoyed benos.
    They removed flaming nade box for instant big explosion, because it annoyed benos.
    They removed "glass shard cannons", because it annoyed benos.
    They removed instant remote controlled explosives, because it annoyed benos.
    They nerfed fucking melee, because it annoyed benos.
    They increased cade metal cost and removed materials crate from ASRS, because FoBs annoyed benos.
    Wanna dance more?
    Most of those changes were for the balance, some were truly, because beno acid tears.
    Not even talking about gorillion changes to make benos hunt preds easier. Giving any room that a predator can go up and shit beno day will never exist, because benos hate having to deal with anything beyond one click abilities. They hate Queen, they hate other benos, they hate lack of weeds, they hate their own structures, they hate anything that truly gets in the way of TDM as benos are LRP.
    Know what cabal you are right, they removed that stuff becuase it annoyed xenos also.

Point is proven, if predators were allowed to just you know to actually kill people like the murder hobo it meant to be you would see non-ending salt. I mean for god sake the predators in AvP (2012?) had them BLOW UP A DAM TROOP CARRIER. The predators can dunk on humanity in general if they really felt like it, they are hyper advance even for the setting. In the movie itself they are basically your run of the mill b-movie villain out to kill everyone becuase it evil, shit Alien had the same plot more or less. They are meant to be evil to the core and be a constant threat to humans, not a god dam meme. For goodness sake the only reason someone would go predator is so they can just ghost in and out as a mod every time. It literally the perfect mod role were you do nothing and just AFK on the ship all day if you felt like it.