Thread: My opinion on the problem with predators

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HoseaPalindrome View Post
    snip
    If you see that (marines "playing" with Yautja via disarms), its LRP (unless its some wrestling match that was RP'ed) and has nothing to do with pred as a role. Yeah, benos are bigger, but benos are CONFIRMED threat, while nobody knows anything about Preds. Benos are also immediately hostile. Its not so far fetched that marines wouldn't shoot on sight another humanoid, since they know that such creatures (Arcturians) exist and are not inheritly hostile for no reason. Especially with preds that in CM universe aren't just straight up hostile. If Pred doesn't act hostile and just chats, or does whatever that isn't harming any other human, then fuck this Mutated Freak, don't piss him off.
    I don't see how it ruins the experience, or immersion. Big humanoid alien with advanced tech, but not really hostile, acting more like a kid with magnifying glass among ants. Marines are those ants and if ants were smart enough, they wouldn't start a fight with that kid just because.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    snip
    Maybe in first and second "solo" movie they act like B-movie slasher villan, but that changed. From Predators trough AvP movie to AvP game. In those entries, they are no longer Space Jasons Friday 13th style. AvP movie and Game its clearly stated that they "worked" with humanity, be it Master-Slave, or God-Peasant relationship, but still. This all changes preds from mushy villan, to actual "smart" alien race.
    I don't see Predators concept as "Evil to the core" type. Its more like exactly like the example I gave earlier. Preds are like kids with magnifying glass and Marines are like ants. It isn't Cat-Mouse thing.

I don't see them as memes either. If you are "worthy", then they can hunt you for no reason, so why "meme" is there the only thing left? I don't get it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Role with a dumb hamstring honorcode that needs to be mechanically fixed or scrapped.*
    Change my mind

*MY OWN OPINION NOT OPINION OF MANAGEMENT
    Yeah, Predator honor-code is silly with CMs current RP climate.
    It barely worked when CM was higher RP and held RP standards to some level and it definitely doesnt work with the current day CM atmosphere.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pred parties are pretty lit though

Captain Morrigan 'M.K' Kessler

Statistics
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    Yeah, Predator honor-code is silly with CMs current RP climate.
    It barely worked when CM was higher RP and held RP standards to some level and it definitely doesnt work with the current day CM atmosphere.
    Worst thing is we've had like 3 honour codes in the last year and 2 of the 3 (1st and 3rd) are functionally identical.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    Worst thing is we've had like 3 honour codes in the last year and 2 of the 3 (1st and 3rd) are functionally identical.
    It's something that'll fluctuate with differing opinions, rulesets and predators.

Apop and I kept a pretty strict and steady ruleset/guideline which didn't really change over our years.
    Since then the level of rules have changed, the gameplay has changed, the roleplay has changed and the standards have changed. With all of those fluctuating changes comes a lot of up and downs in terms of rulesets for a lot of sub-systems.

However, in my opinion.... given the direction CM is going (No-RP/Arcadey) Predators should be switched from a "behind the scenes ruleset" to a straight up antag force.
    Obviously some things would need to be scaled to account for the reduced ruleset.. but it could easily be done.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always wanted to see pred role be a glass cannon role that would open up if a round goes past a certain amount of time. Dead players with the WL then go in and go ham to break the stalemate.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by revbenji View Post
    Sorry for posting so much, but this just happened:

Right outside medbay on big red. A pred just standing around. 4 or so other marines standing by him. I say "Wow a non human with tons of weapons. Guess I'll just ignore him." Start walking past. Turn around. Point at him and say "I'm shooting you in 10 seconds." Pull out my gun. He punches me down. I stand up and shoot him. He crits me with a glaive. I get revived.

PFC Roxi Kadel says, "Don't shoot the jamaican"
    PFC Roxi Kadel says, "You bald bastard"

Everyone just standing around.

I shoot him again. Critted again. Get revived in FOB.

This is a problem. Preds just fucking hang out. Literally. Just standing around. Nobody cares. Pred barely cares I shot him. Marines don't care at all. Everyone knows you just don't fight preds. You just fucking stand around and "RP"

What a fucking joke. Preds are clowns.
    Keep doing this. I hate the way people just ignore them like they are not there. You should see how they act when they know you know how to kill them lmfao. They will cloak LPC HPC run away the moment they see you, regardless on if you have a weapon out or not.

To add on to this, i've had preds salt to me about "random naming to hunt them" or some horse shit. Basically, them being mad and admitting to not being able to metagame who I am.
    Last edited by Survivor; 06-24-2020 at 09:24 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Survivor View Post
    Keep doing this. I hate the way people just ignore them like they are not there. You should see how they act when they know you know how to kill them lmfao. They will cloak LPC HPC run away the moment they see you, regardless on if you have a weapon out or not.

To add on to this, i've had preds salt to me about "random naming to hunt them" or some horse shit. Basically, them being mad and admitting to not being able to metagame who I am.
    tbh aliens do that too.

Most people just suck at the game and have no mechanical skill what so ever and then there people that are ss13 gods or something, so you have aliens scared shitless of those guys becuase they knew they actually will pull a shottie and chase their ass down. Mix with endless drugs and before that pajamarines (which at least couldnt as easily double buck and such and were squishy asf) and you get scared shitless aliens.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always wanted to see pred role be a glass cannon role that would open up if a round goes past a certain amount of time. Dead players with the WL then go in and go ham to break the stalemate.
    this would be pretty cool actually

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not very lore accurate though, they're tanky, cannons and fast.

Super hard to balance for an SS13 game.