Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tactical Tortoise - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Tactical Tortoise

Player Name You Use Most?
    Jones 'jojo' Jonger

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    N/A

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    N/A

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    Battlefield execution is a tool that should only be used when a person has opened fire (lethal) or apon a Capital crime while on the front

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    He will run it to where people can relax in times of calmness but always at the ready for any scenario. If i had insubordinate Req i would first talk to them if that hasn't solved it a Demotion would be necessary and i would send it a OT or SO who have little work. Mostly Words first then Demotion finally if none of those work i would send in the MPs

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    To Command troops on the front understand what is happening down there and act accordingly

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    More Staff officers under there command to help take some of the load off of communicating OB and Req

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    Different tactics to the front like not always having Bravo do FOB lay traps and such i hope to bring a different Meta to play

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    I normaly play as some shipside role when im playing and through my actions as Chef engineer making sure the OTs Work and the engineers have there supplies when RO isnt lisstening, or as when i play as SO my actions of calming delta over and over again over the stupid actions of the Millitary police.

My first operation as Commanding officer would be a very simple yet to what i belive to be effective i would have two squad go out to the front while the other two stay and build FOB the two on the front (Alpha and Bravo for ease of understanding) Alpha and Bravo would move out supported by medics from Delta and charlie who stay in the back once the vangaurd meets opisition and starts to fortify the position creating a stalemate i would then send in Charlie supported by a FT from Delta to add a ending blow to the Benomorphs if further forces where needed to break the stale mate i would send the remainder of delta to Attack from a flank

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read through accepted applications and work on becoming an actually known command/SL/marine roles in general player before trying again.

Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No effort and I did not see you once in Command.

-1, I suggest you withdraw this application asap. Good luck.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen you once as a Staff Officer but I have still not seen you as an Executive, SL or MP. I recommend you grind these roles before even applying as a Captain. I will leave other Captains to attest to your experience in the Marine Corps Combat Information Center as I really do not know how you will do.

Enyong and Rem have voiced out my concerns however I will be leaving my opinion.
    My concerns are this application's answers. As Enyong and Rem said, they show a clear lack of effort. I will list them below.

Battlefield execution is a tool that should only be used when a person has opened fire (lethal) or apon a Capital crime while on the front
    Your Battlefield Execution answer is not complete and lacks a lot. You did not explain how a Battlefield Execution differs from a Regular Execution and you could have expanded more the circumstances that would warrant a Battlefield Execution. You will Battlefield Execute someone that has opened fire, but on who and why? You say that you will Battlefield Execute someone that has commited a capital crime at the front but you did not expand your answer with examples. The Captain role has a high responsibility. Your actions and words can change how a round will take place, aditionally you may Battlefield Execute someone if they fulfill the requirements that are stated in Marine Law. I can not trust you with BEs with a vague answer.

He will run it to where people can relax in times of calmness but always at the ready for any scenario. If i had insubordinate Req i would first talk to them if that hasn't solved it a Demotion would be necessary and i would send it a OT or SO who have little work. Mostly Words first then Demotion finally if none of those work i would send in the MPs
    You answered how you will deal with insubordinate Requisitions but you did not say how you will deal with other insubordinate shipside departments and that makes me doubt your knowledge about Marine Law as I do not know how you will treat insubordination with other departments. Insubordination can be roughly minor or major, highly depending on the circumstances.

To Command troops on the front understand what is happening down there and act accordingly
    That is right, however a job of a Commander is much more than that.

OOCly, a Commander role requires the player to roleplay at all times. The Commander role is the most important in the game, and such is the most that require the player to be compentent and responsible for his actions and words during an ongoing round. You have the additional job to coordinate, issue orders to your marines, command and lead your men to a victory or a fun operation for everyone.
    A Commander has to make sure the ship is being well manned by good departments and grant the safety of all the crew onboard the vessel.

A short story or dossier on your character's experience and time in the Corps, and how he/she became Commanding Officer of the USS Almayer.
    A description of your Commanding Officer's first operation, in good detail
    Your story did not fulfill that requirement. You explained your personal experience with other departments and how your first operation as a Captain will be in-game. What we want to know is how your CHARACTER rose up to the ranks, his experience and first operation. It would also be good to include dialogue so I can know how your Captain will act.

Overall, the application is lacking a lot and does not fulfill the necessary requirements for me. I recommend you grind MP, XO, CMP and SL before applying again. For now, I believe that you are still not ready for the huge responsibility that you have as a Captain and I can not trust you with BEs. It will be a NEGATIVE vote from me, buddy. Do not feel defeated, as you got good feedback from this application to mount up a better one next time.

You can DM me and other COuncillors regarding queries about the application. You can also get us and other COs to proof read your story, ask for help in the #whitelist-app-help CM discord channel. I hope you best of luck.
    Last edited by Axyinious; 06-24-2020 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Typo
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No

Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I admit I've never seen you once playing any sort of command role either, nor do I really remember seeing you at all. Like Viktor said earlier, try making a mark in peoples' minds by playing significant roles like SL, MP, SO or XO. I don't want to imply that it's a popularity contest but being known in the community is one of the most crucial steps to earning this whitelist.

Generally you'll also want to be more active in the Discord server. Let people know if you're interested in applying for CO and ask for others' opinions and ask questions if you have any. It's not a good idea to apply out of the blue without saying anything hinting at your plans first.

I noticed you've been asking for feedback in the Discord server asking for others' opinions on how you did. That's a good start, but you're gonna want to move for asking on most command roles you play as, not just XO.

Overall, I don't think you're ready nor did you really rack up that much (known) experience in command yet.
    There's definitely room for improvement but for now I'm gonna have to leave a -1 on this. Sorry.

Remember that there's always next month to reapply, if you want to take our advice over the course of the next 30 days.
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What could have been said has been said. Take the next 30 days to play command and improve your app. -1

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resolved, denied. You may reapply 30 days from this message. Though I'd recommend taking as long you need grinding SL/SO/XO, and getting feedback in whitelist-app-help in the main discord before reapplying.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler: