Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can someone explain to me

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone explain to me

why we are removing maturity and nerfing xenos from elder to below elder in power? I understand the getting rid of frustrating sitting around doing nothing but I dont understand the nerf. Xenos already lose the attrition game cause you cant capture anymore, you perma die, marines get revived easily, dont get hurt as much so they dont have to go to the ship and get late joins while you dont and they have defcon which makes them stronger over the course of the game. Now you are gonna make xenos even weaker late game and they have no way of getting stronger as the round goes on. So you literally just rush the marines early and hope you win. Can someone explain why we are doing this?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also on a side note has anyone thought whats gonna happen when a t3 dies and you can just evolve a t2 and intantly replace that t3? You cant nerf them enough to make it fair because you balanced the entire game on t3. So marines are basically gonna be fighting endless tier 3 until they kill everything. Its the same thing that happened with hive memery and completely fucked the game up.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The explenation is the same as why melee was nerfed. Only Council of Beetroot knows.

Someone has to be clearly insane to make such decision. Insane, or severly lacking the ability to predict long-term consequences. And thats a common theme, cat rights, hive memory, mutators... All of those things that were easy to predict what overly negative impact will have on game, were implemented without second thought.

The same will be with getting rid of beno maturity and instant evolution after T3 death. T3 will be nerfed, because T2s will evolve immediately after death of T3. However long-term consequence of marines fighting only T3s till they kill entire hive is outside of reach of the mind of Council of Beetroot.

I can only theorize, that its because of snarky and and immature conviction of Council of Beetroot that they know best and anyone showing any criticism to their decisions is a salty and sweaty marinemain/benomain that you shouldn't listen no matter what. Even if marine/benomains says "2+2=4" you have to deny it and do otherwise. If it breaks, then you realise that 2+2 indeed = 4 and you revert the shit. If it doesn't directly break, you don't want to admit your mistake and you push the narrative.
    Example? Shooting windows on Almayer somehow leaves prints. Me, as a clear marinemain, point out its stupidity and that it should be changed. Member of the Council of Beetroot says that in 90% cases breaking ML (thus breaking windows) is LRP, so fuck 10% of when it isn't and it should stay.
    Leaving prints on window frame after never touching it? Good mechanic, should stay. 2+2=4? Fuck no, marinemain. In 90% of cases, it doesn't. No matter that those 10% of cases are true and logical.
    Another example? Gitlab about "retiring" the machete. First sentence in gitlab says that it should be replaced (in pointman kits and vendor itself) with something more suitable. Member of the Council of Beetroot sees only this first sentence, puts a strawman that its gitlab about giving marines something that would work nearly the same as Machete, but better. Punches that strawman with "sweaty" label and celebrates victory (kinda like playing chess with pigeon, such bird will overturn all of your pieces, shit on board and jump like he won something). Despite the fact that gitlab, if read in its entirety, points to replacing machete with MDs, because machete after the nerf is a noob trap and there are multiple other ways to destroy vines and beno structures.
    Last edited by CABAL; 06-26-2020 at 10:53 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean they could just buff capturing so aliens can fight late reasonably without relying on the last perma stun in the game, Queen neuro. Basically the rest is lucky grab away during screech, and the lucky hugger trap.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tdm tdm tdm tdm!!!
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate maturity as a mechanic and I don't care if it means xenos lost every round as long as I don't have to deal with sitting around doing nothing after I evolve. That is just anti fun whereas losing can actually be fun.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heraclitus View Post
    I hate maturity as a mechanic and I don't care if it means xenos lost every round as long as I don't have to deal with sitting around doing nothing after I evolve. That is just anti fun whereas losing can actually be fun.
    my post had nothing to do with losing but ok.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do realize stats will be leveled so that xenos can fight right? "Between mature and elder" is just a rough base to work with.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    You do realize stats will be leveled so that xenos can fight right? "Between mature and elder" is just a rough base to work with.
    Yes i realize int he grand scheme of things devs will realize they screwed it up and buff xenos and probably undo most of this. The point is why go through those months of shit when I can just point it out now and avoid it?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New question is Queen also going to have maturity removed and be nerfed to below elder? thats gonna fuck the game up alot in a bunch of different ways. Get ready for combat queen at 1220.