User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The discord auto-filter is objectively retarded

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spookydonut View Post
    Is there a public up-to-date list or what words aren't ok?
    They cant post one, because people would just use it to game the system and avoid the words while saying "technically none of the words i used are on the list."

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will admit the bot isn't perfect and it needs improvement which only Jamie unforunately has the power to do so as he is the current owner of the discord server.

But it's not a bad idea. There are only so many Discord staff of which a lot of them are inactive so we can't catch everything.

Our job as discord staff is to provide a safe environment for PG-13 and having certain words isn't the best for the community as a whole.

I'm all for the bot though it does need tweaking and I honestly don't know why it bans the word Pussy and Cock but allows racism and other variants of said words but I'm not the one who does the bot.

As for someone who commented about Jamie not being around he is actually around 24/7 but he purely does backend server work and lets everyone do their jobs. When the server breaks down or something major is coming up that envolves the server itself that's when Jamie comes in to fix it.

We're in the progress of making an extended list for rules but there is a lot of discussion regarding it as some people will just say since it isn't in the rules it doesn't count or they'll try to find more loopholes. So right now we wont have one for in-game but the discord extended rules are a work in progress to provide more detail on what can and can't be posted as current rules are a bit vague.

So basically don't try to bypass the bot, don't be disrespectful, don't say hurtful words, and just be civilized adults who all play this retarded as fuck 2D spess marine game and PB some benos.

-Doctor Compy(Discord Staff/Trainer)

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Compy View Post
    So basically don't try to bypass the bot, don't be disrespectful, don't say hurtful words, and just be civilized adults who all play this retarded as fuck 2D spess marine game and PB some benos.

-Doctor Compy(Discord Yinglet/Trainer)
    Meh. As a person that might struggle with not being disrespectful, doesn't say hurtfull words and think himself to be fairly civilized, I think its meh.
    Discord is kinda like a group of friends and restraining yourself around those is not only boring and meh, but also a bit deceive.

I'm also thinking why PG-13 is being enforced. How many fricking kids and teens play this retarded game? They are all fortnite and shit like that. I have yet to imagine less than 16-year old to play this janky, stupid ass game. Is it because UnityStation and its Steam Release? If so, then its completly the opposite as the game is part of the Steam, discord is not part of the game, or steam (forum is closer to the game, than discord). Its also funny that there is no bots in the game that filter saying bad words on the Trijent Dam bridge, while wearing headset with cutsy cat ears, but discord has them.
    I am aware that there are +18 discords and nobody has any problem with them. Why not making CM discord tagged +18 and fuck those swear words?
    Make a poll both on forum and on discord and check out how many "miniors" you protect. Might actually happen that you protect mythical creatures that don't exist.

That are my serious 2 cents.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    The absolute irony of "don't say hurtful words!" followed by "retarded as fuck" kills me.

Either all of it's okay or none of it's okay.

The bot is objectively retarded trash, and the fact that discord staff can't even control what they say enough to "not be hurtful or disrespectful, and be civilised" proves it.

Also, I saw the admin log, discord staff barely do any fucking administrative work - you guys have plenty of staff to handle the server without a bot with most of those staff doing absolutely nothing. If anything, the bot hasn't changed your workload at all, it's just changed from "saying the no-no words omg!!!!" to "circumventing the no-no filter!!!!!"
    Sorry, "Don't say hurtful things to each other"

The bot doesn't increase our work load at all. It just deletes words that aren't supposed to be said in the first place so I don't understand why y'all are so against it.

CABAL I got no words for you. But I have seen a fair amount of underage users/players on CM and I don't think it'd be fair to remove them from the game just so a few people can use a few words and shit.

Also if you want to fuck around and talk shit about each other and use racist words make yer own server or go to DMs and do it. Make yer own rules in yer own server.

The CM server is the way it is and it wont change unless management wants it to. It's your choice to be on the server and it's your choice to player the game.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, "Don't say hurtful things to each other"

The bot doesn't increase our work load at all. It just deletes words that aren't supposed to be said in the first place so I don't understand why y'all are so against it.

CABAL I got no words for you. But I have seen a fair amount of underage users/players on CM and I don't think it'd be fair to remove them from the game just so a few people can use a few words and shit.

Also if you want to fuck around and talk shit about each other and use racist words make yer own server or go to DMs and do it. Make yer own rules in yer own server.

The CM server is the way it is and it wont change unless management wants it to. It's your choice to be on the server and it's your choice to player the game.
    It's literally irrelevant whether you say it to eachother or about a game, if a 3rd party is offended that's the end of it. I ate a discord ban for calling someone a "bundle of sticks" after getting their EXPLICIT CONSENT to call them that.

If you don't understand why people don't like unnecessary and illogical censoring I have nothing to say to you other than I hope one day you wake up.

CABAL isn't suggesting we ban underaged users, he's suggesting we stop catering to people who shouldn't even be playing the fucking game. GTA doesn't censor itself just because people lie about their age to play it, nor should CM.

People already do that, but what you're suggesting is metacliques become even more prevalent and problematic, increasing the isolation your average player might feel since nobody wants them in their metaclique.

"Adapt or leave" is a garbage point for garbage people, just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why shouldn't they be allowed to play the game? We have PG-13 rules and we're not catering towards them. It's just the age group management wants instead of only adults.

It's not illogical or unnecessary to censor words. We already banned people in the past for saying them and now people don't get banned for saying them unless they try to bypass the filter.

Not all words the bot filters is bad though as Jamie still needs to update the list which I believe is soon.

I guess I don't understand how enforcing our no harassment rule is adding metacliques?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The game centers around death and violence. We have tobacco use, alcohol use, and people getting gibbed in the game. The game would be rated M on the ESRB scale. Yet you want to keep the discord server PG-13 which makes no sense at all with the theme the game goes with.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why shouldn't they be allowed to play the game? We have PG-13 rules and we're not catering towards them. It's just the age group management wants instead of only adults.

It's not illogical or unnecessary to censor words. We already banned people in the past for saying them and now people don't get banned for saying them unless they try to bypass the filter.

Not all words the bot filters is bad though as Jamie still needs to update the list which I believe is soon.

I guess I don't understand how enforcing our no harassment rule is adding metacliques?
    You aren't listening at all - NOBODY IS SAYING THEY SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO PLAY THE GAME BUT WHEN THE GAME IS EXPLICITLY ADULT THEMED IT SHOULD NOT BE CATERING TO PEOPLE WHO WOULD NOT LEGALLY BE ALLOWED TO PLAY IT IF THEY HAD TO GIVE THEIR ID TO DO SO.

It is illogical and unnecessary to censor words specifically when you cherry-pick certain "no-nos" but leave others as fine. I can say nigga and chink but not penis? I can say dick but not pussy? It's fucking stupid how cherry-picked and illogical it is.

Yes, Jamie needs to pull his head out of his ass I agree.

You literally said, word for word, "Also if you want to fuck around and talk shit about each other and use racist words make yer own server or go to DMs and do it. Make yer own rules in yer own server." People literally do this and it's called a metaclique, if you can't have friendly banter with your friends in the CM discord you do it somewhere else and eventually that becomes your main "CM" discord, because the official CM discord is fucking trash with enforcement and what's considered okay to say. It's fucking stupid that everyone involved in a conversation can be happy and having a good time but some retard comes along and doesn't like it so now people are getting banned when they weren't causing any problems. "You can just use a different discord!" yeah well so can the retards getting offended.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ye sorry Chainsaw. At work while righting this so slightly distracted and I took the time to read what you wrote while on break and I get what yer saying.

But with almost 4 thousand people now it's going to be PG-13 just to not offend the soft skinned.

As for what is and isn't banned in the censorship I said it's a work in progress which only Jamie can deal with. I'm all for removing the bot until it gets fixed but I'm not in charge of what happens with CM. I simply click the ban button when needed.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All you people want to do is argue
    Don’t fucking break rules, it’s that simple.

Don’t like the bot, don’t like the fact you can’t say bad words, leave the server that fucking simple.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids