Your Byond ID?
    AmphR

Your Character Name?
    Gordon Toringston

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    unknown

Accused Character Name
    Oladam Borovetski

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    2:20-2:30 CT

What rule(s) were broken:
    Unsure

Description of the incident:
    Apparently a mutiny was going on while I was serving my brig time. Just as my time was done I was told to leave by another MP (I forget whom), CMP grabbed me and brought me to execution room. Unsure at first what it was about being redetained I quickly realized she was accusing me of being part of the mutiny. During the Brig raid i think Delta SL opened my cell and locker. I said "Thanks" but quickly realized what was going down so I went back into my cell telling the MP's to close my cell door. After that there was nothing really I could do IC so I accepted my fate but I am really bummed out about it, the MP who arrested me tried to defend me but CMP ignored him.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    I didn't take any screenshots or anything. Could barely keep up with logs in the chaos trying to figure out what was going on.

How you would punish the accused:
    Give em warning to at least try to figure out what really happened before jumping to conclusions and ignoring your fellow MP's

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're looking into this, it was quite a mess so it will take some time to sort everything out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that round was pretty chaotic for MPs. From my perspective Delta was breaking into CIC and brig, so I assumed it was a mutiny. If you are who I think you are, you need to realize why the mistake was made. You were a delta, brig was overflowing with Delta mutiniers, and the mutiny was still somewhat in progress. I assumed you were part of the original mutiniers and were just lying to get away.

Another issue was that Carson announced the execution and we weren't told to stop it, so I just assumed everything was fine.

Now imagine that if you were a mutinier and I let you go... that could've been just as bad for me if you killed people.

I just made the choice that I thought was best, and I appoligise for the mistake.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs from different perspectives

I will post more if needed but there was more than one person claiming that they were unjustly executed, however this is the only one that relates to these two individuals.

Admin interaction
    Spoiler Spoiler:

MP Starkie

Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP Borovetski/Oladam

Spoiler Spoiler:

CO Bill Carson
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Godon's perspective
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Execution times

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by starmute; 01-22-2019 at 02:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oladam View Post
    Yeah, that round was pretty chaotic for MPs. From my perspective Delta was breaking into CIC and brig, so I assumed it was a mutiny. If you are who I think you are, you need to realize why the mistake was made. You were a delta, brig was overflowing with Delta mutiniers, and the mutiny was still somewhat in progress. I assumed you were part of the original mutiniers and were just lying to get away.

Another issue was that Carson announced the execution and we weren't told to stop it, so I just assumed everything was fine.

Now imagine that if you were a mutinier and I let you go... that could've been just as bad for me if you killed people.

I just made the choice that I thought was best, and I appoligise for the mistake.
    I understand it was chaotic, there were other MP's there too but you didn't listen to anyone. Which is why I was upset. I am sure you would be bummed out and annoyed if you were in my shoes. Which is why I came here. I feel the situation was handled very poorly.
    Last edited by AmphR; 01-22-2019 at 05:31 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CMP is a role with a lot of power and a lot of responsibility attached to it. You need to make sure of what you are doing. While I can appreciate the extremely hectic nature of the round in question, you still have to do your due diligence and find the correct story. I could understand this happening if it was only the prisoner pleading his innocence. But one of the MPs was speaking up for him as well. And doing so quite strongly as well. And the result of which was one (and allegedly more) innocent person was executed. Which to say the least is not acceptable.

That said I do understand about the absolute cluster that was that round. I think this would be most appropriately left at an extremely heavy warning.

Resolved. Oladam will be warned to be more careful as CMP and a link to this report will be added to his notes.