Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    FortyPercent

Marine Name
    Bob "Dangerzone" Hale, Synergy Abend

Other Whitelist Applications
    Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Ivan

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yeah

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Only when it is to avoid direct harm/destruction to myself or a human and flight is not a feasible alternative. And then only until the immediate threat is disabled. No chasing fleeing foes or finishing off disabled threats. (I'm not sure what's the stance on destroying weeds under downed xenos?)
    ...I think I am also allowed to disarm marines if they pose a threat to themselves or others.

Example:
    Two marines are down and crit/dead on LV Fitness Road, frontline is in barrens. I attempt to recover them and a Lurker pounces me. I can then proceed to attack the Lurker until it leaves the immediate vicinity of the bodies or goes into crit, at which point I return to my previous task at hand.

Synthetic Character Story
    What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Ivan used to be a UPP combat synth that has been adapted and recycled for standard USMC non-combat use. Because that's cheaper than building a synth from scratch. The Ivan line is a cheap stopgap to put captured UPP assets to productive use and, less officially, give W-Y R&D ready access to fully functional combat synths. Not that the good men and women at W-Y would have any use for data from combat synths. Because any research into that particular area would be highly illegal, making it unthinkable.

His personality matrix, equally, has been salvaged from the baseline UPP model. And struggles with the new diction it works under, leading to a very distinct accent. That aside, the UPP propaganda module is much deeper integrated into the core programming and literally hardwired into the behaviour cortex, leading to the occasional relapse into standard phrases, though adapted for USMC vocabulary thanks to the altered dictionary. You get what you pay for.

His loyalty to the USMC, of course, is absolute.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I've built fat MEGA FOBs as Bravo Engie.

I've hacked into Charlie req and shocked Brig doors as Delta Engie.

I've spent waaaaaaaay too much time getting up to all kinds of hijinks as bored MT/CE.

I've been utterly perplexed by broken APCs not being simply fixed through switching out the battery, and since learned how to rebuild them from scratch.

I've built secret and not-so-secret bars complete with APC, lighting and doors on various spots across the Almeyer.

Weirdly enough, with over 50 hours played as squad engie, I have never once fired a mortar. So, really, I've secretly been a synthgineer all along.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I got a CO Whitelist.

I know I can't do OBs as synth (though I can set coords).

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I can do all operations, and know how to chain multiple different ones in the same area into a single procedure (ie, broken heart, unwanted pregnancy and splintered ribs).

I know which drug does what just by looking at the sprite of the injector/pill bottle

I know the recipe for IA, Tribica and KD from memory. Also, fuck Medics who order Tribica.

I can do Research. I'm not a fan (expand, please) but I know how to grow horrible mutant fruits, analyse chemicals and synthesize better versions.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I know how to flush HEFA boxes.

I can decipher any req line letter salad. "Ag, bc, 2 mag, G4-1, webbing, m15, shotgun rig please!" No, I do not know why anyone would want to order that, but I handed it to that fucking IO and he thanked me.

I know how ASRS works. From cash to stamps to illegal arms deals with the CL.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    Really? I wanna be a creepy Working Joe survivor. That's what got me invested in starting this application.

But I also greatly enjoy playing support roles in CM, much more so than actual combat roles. And Synthetic is the ultimate support role, on account of being all the support roles. So I hope I can make that fun and engaging for other people as well.

Now, I'm not exactly known for being a grand RP dispenser, but I also like to think I'm not the opposite of that. And I do hope that I will be able to live up to the amazing standards set by the other Synths. With Ivan's quirk, I believe I might be able to do that.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    Nah

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    Nah

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Took me forever to come up with a quirk that didn't already exist. Harsh, man.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recall seeing them playing support roles and they play those roles well, what really makes this great is the quirk and the story, that right there would make even the dullest of round that much livelier

+1 from me

Hope to see you soon, glorious capitalist comrade synthetic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen them around and haven't had any problems with their abilities in support roles, I think they would make a fine addition in the Robit Uprising.

+1, good luck on the app.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there fortypercent, I'd argue your app as a whole is decent enough however in the alloted time I simply did not see you play nearly enough of any of the support roles, nor are much of any other already whitelisted synthetics vouching for your abilities much.

Since I have no idea how good you are at said support roles, and was unable at all to observe your performance in any of the said support roles, this will be a -1 from me.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think the app is fine and your story is acceptable, but the quirk and personality is too outlandish.

USCM would never hire a synthetic that ingrained with UPP roots. They need to be able to trust the robot 100% and when troops see a russian robot, that won't be the case. I know you reason it out with, now they're loyal to USCM, but it doesn't work for me. It's just too much UPP. I would generally avoid russian quirks, as they lean towards enemy factions too much. Same with japanese ones. I see you're motivated with getting synthetic, so don't let this beat you down, but you need to rethink the personality and quirk of your synthetic.

-1 for this one. Best of lucks when you re-apply.
    A small part of the Synthetic Council

with Jakkk, AcuteCircle, Pedroca2lucas and Kineem

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, shoot me a message on discord and ask me stuff about support mechanics there so I can't look it up between posts. I don't get to play much these days, maybe ten hours a week or so, and usually at different times.

Oh well.
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, since nobody seems to notice me, or at least none of the people who do notice me seem to post in here, here an attempt to prove competency in the various support roles by proxy through things I said and done in the forums and elsewhere:

REQUISITIONS:
    I got a medal as XO from... I think Adam Berkshire yesterday, around 3AM London Time. I just tried to grab a screenshot ingame, but it isn't showing up in the list for some reason. Maybe because he cryod before round end and another CO came in? I dunno. Point is I came in 15 minutes late as RO, all budget had been spent on HEFA boxes, the CT was SSD, and with a bit of help from the OTs we still managed to get enough metal down to the FOB (after I managed to force a tac laser on a deploying marine so he'd give me coords after Bravo SL was dragged off by a runner seconds after landing) that marines held a siege at LZ long enough to be able to push back out all the way to big red east caves. Where they died and we later had 33 xenos on Almeyer, but hey, whatever.

I also helped someone with a Req guide video that never came into existence here, grabbing a bunch of screenshots of standard CT activity, which should at least show basic competency? The screenshots have timed out by now, but their description and the guide maker's reaction is still there.

MEDICAL:
    Here I can be seen giving feedback on a medic guide four months ago, showing I have been doing support for a loooong time.
    I also made a thread on UNGA JUICE.

ENGINEERING:
    ...yeah, I've got nothing here. The riveting FOB cading gameplay never had anything I wanted to post about. I guess I made a gitlab for wheelbarrows for fobbits ages ago?
    Last edited by FortyPercent; 07-17-2020 at 07:13 PM.

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a better quirk. Imagine if the US army captured an Iranian drone and then rewired it for military use. It would never be trusted the same as a normally produced one.

-1, your story and support competency is fine, but you need to think realistically for your synthetic's personality.
    Synthetic Senator

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I can come up with one that hasn't been done yet and would actually be fun to do.

Withdrawn.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FortyPercent View Post
    I don't think I can come up with one that hasn't been done yet and would actually be fun to do.

Withdrawn.
    you don't have to be original, just pick a quirk you'll be comfortable with roleplaying, it doesn't have to be outlandish

withdarwn, you can reapply in a month
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.