User Tag List

Thread: Mortar procedure and bad experiences

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mortar procedure and bad experiences

So I'm a fobbit, and we almost always setup a mortar, almost every time I've used the mortar I've shot a flare first. Asked about if it hit the right spot, and get nothing. One round I did this, got nothing, then got told the same cords and a list of what and how many shells to fire, after doing this I was told I just killed of hydro. I'm wondering if it's a communication error the whole time, or if the difference in cords and actual spot hit is constant, like each round each shot will be off by the same amount, if so I could actually mortar right, if not then you need to call the flare hit in jtac

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by naterator2000 View Post
    So I'm a fobbit, and we almost always setup a mortar, almost every time I've used the mortar I've shot a flare first. Asked about if it hit the right spot, and get nothing. One round I did this, got nothing, then got told the same cords and a list of what and how many shells to fire, after doing this I was told I just killed of hydro. I'm wondering if it's a communication error the whole time, or if the difference in cords and actual spot hit is constant, like each round each shot will be off by the same amount, if so I could actually mortar right, if not then you need to call the flare hit in jtac
    unless your coordinating something if someone urgently needs a firemission then dont launch a flare just do what they say, you can always look at the wiki
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fault always lies with the person calling in OB/CAS/Mortar.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When people call mortar in they want it yesterday and need it yesterday. So often the front is hyper mobile they need the fire missions to hit fast. BTW don't even bother typically with mortar on LV during the initial push. Aliens almost can never hold the beach becuase of the massive ugna wave washing over them so fire support is pointless practically.

Putting out a targeting flare is unneeded and at worst can tell aliens that place is going to be shitsmacked in 2 seconds. Do not flare first unless asked to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not as bad as the time I fatty’d nexus.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021