Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Marine Law, IC or OOC?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    Is there more context to that?
    Basically I made a ruling that briefings had to be done and because I didn't spell it out that you could do it anywhere except Hanger/Dropship someone thought a CO doing it in the conference room was a violation and sent a HC fax to have the CO arrested.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mps badly need a rework. The amount of ahelps due to issues with mp or round disruptions far outweighs the good they do in playing mini mod. I work for a living if I come home and play a game and get brigged for an hour its virtually the same punishment to me as a 3 hour ban, or a 24. Ive always said this is to much power to put in the hands of a player. People always say that stupid fucking line "DuR JuSt DonT BreAk LaWs". A days ago an admin had to sleep the entire server over an errant taser shot that escalated into the entire marine force attempting to break into brig. This isnt just a few players being overly loud then their peers, its majority of the player base hating the current status quo. Hell players I respect here try and play mp to change the look they have and usually end up saying "im sorry I litterally have to do this". It fucking sucks, theyre well aware theyre causing distress to other players over inane stupid shit.

The ruleset blows, I find myself actually hating people for following the rules because of how damaging their actions are to the other players here and the flow of the op. Which is totally fucked, I have no real reason to hate somebody for sticking to the rules and doing their best to follow them.

The more I play here the more clear it becomes that rounds without any mps playing have less mod/admin intervention then rounds with a ton of mps and a cmp. They also have smoother round flow and less mutinies. In general most mutinies start because of briggings. Im not even gonna get started on how bad the mutiny system is and how much of a joke it is to ask players to assemble a list of people in the midst of a full on xeno war. Not to mention find a way to do it without comms so the whole ship and mp force isnt prepared to crush the 5 people who where stupid enough to try something an admin allowed them to do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Memesky View Post
    It's hard to take this seriously if you think stabbing yourself for fun is not LRP
    It's hard to take the game seriously when said stab injuries (and most other injuries really) can also be healed by magic futuredrugs for pretty much zero side effect.

Anyway, I would also like to say that MPs also functionally exist to hinder roles more often than not.
    Seriously, actual crime that is detrimental to your fellow marines like murdering each other is already OOC most of the time, and when have you ever seen actual proper escalation IC murder getting away?
    Stealing attachment from some other squad req, or breaking into certain areas to use a vendor or something is HARDLY detrimental to those in comparison and these are the things that MPs will usually arrest people for.
    Last edited by Ttly; 07-02-2020 at 07:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttly View Post
    It's hard to take the game seriously when said stab injuries (and most other injuries really) can also be healed by magic futuredrugs for pretty much zero side effect.

Anyway, I would also like to say that MPs also functionally exist to hinder roles more often than not.
    Seriously, actual crime that is detrimental to your fellow marines like murdering each other is already OOC most of the time, and when have you ever seen actual proper escalation IC murder getting away?
    Stealing attachment from some other squad req, or breaking into certain areas to use a vendor or something is HARDLY detrimental to those in comparison and these are the things that MPs will usually arrest people for.
    Hell, never mind that, there are MPs-I won't name names but you probably know who they are-that specifically lurk around waiting for a marine to dismantle a railing/window or break the sliding door on the squad req desk, just so they have an excuse to ruin someone's round. I've played games with one once where I tapped a window with a bayonet, they came dashing around the corner then slunk away, and I repeated that cycle five times. It reminds me of a time waaay back when I was playing chemist on a lowpop server with no other medical personnel, broke the window into medical storage so I could distribute first aid kits, and the shitler HoS beat and brigged me for it after I explained what I was doing and why. That's the level of intentionally obstructionist stupidity going on.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MPs are meant to be the grey area so you can break rules but within IC confines. Removing them would finish the push to TDM and we will be nothing more then an OG Corp Merc. BTW corp merc just has everything get literally everything they need at vender, from attachies to meds. There no briefing, no lines, you drop in 5-10 minutes and that it.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    MPs are meant to be the grey area so you can break rules but within IC confines. Removing them would finish the push to TDM and we will be nothing more then an OG Corp Merc. BTW corp merc just has everything get literally everything they need at vender, from attachies to meds. There no briefing, no lines, you drop in 5-10 minutes and that it.
    That's why Corp Merc is great though, you don't have to deal with retarded powertripping MPs and COs who just want to pretend this is a milsim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must say that this thread is very based.
    If everyone just shot guns then there would be no problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Pigeon briefings suck, so does gearing up. It was like mediocre the first few times, then the next 200 times it just sucks. 99% of the marine force resents the fact they have to sit in a little chair and wait for the battle that they came here to play. Its like playing call of duty and knowing you could hop right into the game but instead choosing to sit at the loading screen for fun. Pvts have nothing to do for 20 minutes and usually try and find something enjoyable to do for 20 minutes before they can enjoy the game they come here to play. MPs naturally do whatever they can to make the waiting time as miserable as possible and potentially removed you from the actual game.

If youre an admin and you have the power to do it seriously consider blocking role slots on mps every other round for a week or so. Collect data on ahelps and round disruptions and rp issues. Then compare the two and see what you come up with.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antrixx View Post
    Pigeon briefings suck, so does gearing up. It was like mediocre the first few times, then the next 200 times it just sucks. 99% of the marine force resents the fact they have to sit in a little chair and wait for the battle that they came here to play. Its like playing call of duty and knowing you could hop right into the game but instead choosing to sit at the loading screen for fun. Pvts have nothing to do for 20 minutes and usually try and find something enjoyable to do for 20 minutes before they can enjoy the game they come here to play. MPs naturally do whatever they can to make the waiting time as miserable as possible and potentially removed you from the actual game.

If youre an admin and you have the power to do it seriously consider blocking role slots on mps every other round for a week or so. Collect data on ahelps and round disruptions and rp issues. Then compare the two and see what you come up with.
    I referenced corp merc for an idea how we can also have it.

I'll be honest, just kill this RP and start anew. Just kill off briefings and attachment lines, every marine gets some points to pick out whatever they feel they need(like now but more expanded basically) and once 10-15 passes by they drop and go kill some ayys. Let the RP come from fighting and leading and not some nerd giving a boring speech on how bravo is going to be FOB for the billionith time and how we going to make delta 100% not metarush by going to these caves that just happen to be next to the hive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the obsession people have with finally completing the transformation of this server into another BYOND TDM server ? If you wanna play PvP on a laggy as fuck server and possibly the worst engine for fast click simulator go play any of the other ones, dont try to turn this one into even more LRP