Elzbieta ''Mist'' Brygida
    Their BYOND Key
    Unknow
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    I dont quite remember, to be exact.
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    6. PIN NOTES TO PLAYERS.
    Description of the incident
    Briefing was almost starting, when I was the XO and aCO (No CO onboard) during the entire match (Leading the OP) and the only MP was processing a marine on Brig when the incident has happened, 2 marines escalated a gun fight on briefing and were shooting all around them, risking not only their lives but the lives of all innocent marines around and, I, as the only authority present in the area decided to put a end in the fight by neutralizing one of the marines as I didnt wanted 5 or more dead marines just before the operation started, while they indeed escalated correctly (As far as I know.), starting the round with gunfights in briefing can fall on the roundstart shenanigans rule.

I fired 2 to 3 rounds of my pistol to subdue one of the shooters which ended in him being dead, after that I dragged him to Medbay together with the another shooter which was in critical state then called the MP to arrest them both once they were healed.

After that I received a note because of it, I dont think a high rank officer in command of a ship would just watch 2 marines start firing guns in the middle of a briefing and sit there while there is nobody to deal with them as the only MP was dealing with something else already.

I asked COs about my conduct, such as Dusanking and he said I did right in this situation. And again, I recovered them both for revivals just after I subdued one of them which ended the fight with minimum casualties.

I believe I did right and descaleted the situation before it could turn into a total bloodshed of marines trying to kill each other because they got hit in the crossfire.
    Evidence
    I didnt took any pictures but you can all just check the logs of the round.
    How you would punish the accused
    No punishment requried, the Staff Member who applied my punishment seems reasonable but did wrong on punishing me for avoiding total disasters.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reported staff members Ckey is Sgtmike. Anyway here are the logs.

Logs of escalation between Albert and Della
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Logs of Della shooting Albert, alongside Lynuah stepping in.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Conversation between Lynuah and Sgtmike, alongside the note placed.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

If I missed anything,. please feel free to DM me. superjo98#1797
    Last edited by superjo98; 07-06-2020 at 01:13 AM.
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi LynuahSororitas

I usually turn on the FF logs and received reports the player itself firing the shotgun, as seen above, in my opinion the incident which in this case "escalation" which it was properly used, the fight between this two subjects was indeed personal and it wasn't meant to go further than that. I can even say neither of the players ahelped it, i stepped in. The reason why i just gave you a note it was cause your reason was justified, but it's not the way we fix things here, don't be offended by this, but i don't care about nonstaff opinions, your participation wasn't required, heck, even if you wanted to help, you coulda've just ahelped it, and if things woulda gone EXTREME, we still have the tools for solving the issue itself, which in this case if things woulda gone different sleeping and ahealing people.

I do understand your frustration since you tried to do something good, but in this case it wasn't necessary, you claimed "I should have the right to descalate fights" but you don't. The commanding officer can only perform B.E's not the aCO. So since you tried to do something good, i did not ban you, i only gave you a warning for it when in fact i had the right to do so and by the looks of your previous notes i did not want to escalate further.

If you thought the marine was griefing you should have still refered to rule 4-
    I will quote part of it

If you are being griefed, don’t retaliate - Adminhelp it and you’ll get healed. Shooting a griefer can cause you to get in trouble as well, and the combat logs you’re generating make it harder for Staff to prove who the real griefer is.
    I'm sorry if you think otherwise but what i stated in our conversation still stands.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean it's pretty cut and dry. If they started spraying other marines while having a escalated fight that's one thing, but in this situation it was between them. If you ran in to disarm them, that's fine, but the ML defense of others is so you can't be arrested by the MPs for assault.

Unfortunately the XO doesn't have the BE Privledges, only a WL CO. Sgtmike was correct, and he literally said you can always ahelp because we have the tools to determined what happened and throw heals.

If you thought they shouldn't be shooting in briefing even though they properly escalated it, by all means adminhelp something like that.

My mod did nothing wrong
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids