User Tag List

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Is CM declining?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But CM just had a certain sec experiance I haven't seen replicated anywhere else. Maybe it was all the assistants having guns. Also shipsiders used to get away with a whole lot more. I miss old man gerny.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    that's literally what the point of security is on regular SS13

staff seem to have forgotten that entirely
    Marine breaks a window
    MP: hey you need to fix that
    Marine: no fuck you
    MP: ok bro you’re under arrest then
    *MP proceeds to get ganked by entire squad over a broken window*
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Whitelisted Synthetic CallunaBorealis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed the pianos in Big Red and Ice Colony has vanished. Other than this kind of "streamlining" reduces the opportunities for player-created fun and interesting scenarios, it's stuff like that gets removed without rationale that add to the fact that CM is in decline alright.

And CM has the softest pianos on SS13. It's not even that loud. I don't even know why they were removed lol.
    Shore leave approved for all my characters, enjoying the beaches of New Hawaii until further notice.

Plays as Heather Tanigawa (Intel and everything else), Erica Picotte (Medical) and Angela Ochoa (Engineering) in the USCM.

Aissa the Synthetic, a former waitress for a Cuban-themed restaurant franchise.

CB-** the Beno.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Marine breaks a window
    They should allow MPs to go plain clothes to handle sensitive matters such as this

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've mentioned this a few times already on discord and even in here. However let me preface this with I don't oppose any direction or changes to CM over the years, I just think you guys needs to shit or get off the pot.

But a major issue with the gameplay and roleplay is solely in the hands of the Dev team who have spent the last 2years turning CM into an Arcade shooter and done absolutely nothing to implement RP Mechanics or features during this time.
    CM 2018 has essentially been a shoreline and development has just been a constant wave eroding the shoreline until there's nothing left but the rocks and basic structure.

CM has lost a lot of it's unique charm, a lot of it's flavor and a good chunk of interesting characters.
    It's interesting to watch from my perspective how the playerbase craves and wants everything my administration spent years developing and nurturing.

A common theme we hear from Dev's and even Soldier above, are plans to "Rework the rules! Rework RP! Add more mechanics for MP's and RP!".
    But it all boils down to essentially reverting CM 2 years and going back to what Apop, BMC, ForwardSlashN, Rahl and myself established years ago, it's nothing new but the same policies, same ideas and same content.

I've said this numerous times already but CM lacks leadership and a common complaint is the lack of direction.
    When CM shifted from a more centralized Administration to a decentralized Administration(more democracy, bureaucratics etc) efficiency and productivity took a huge hit.
    Most worrisome is the complete lack of direction this has created over the years due multiple Managers, Dev Architects, Dev Lead, Senior this, senior that it's created bloat and caused a loss of cohesion.
    There is no Leader or Leaders on the CM team currently who can accurately provide a precise direction for the game, shit's all over the place.

So figure out what this Administration wants and go from there.
    Is CM becoming a MOBA Arcade shooter? If yes, abandon RP and rework policies/rules for it.
    Is CM attempting to maintain RP? If yes, start producing content to function with RP

You guys are way too in limbo at the moment, you've got a Dev team mass producing fucking Arcade/Moba mechanics while the Admin/Mod team wants to crack down on Low RP and no can give the community a clear example of what CM is moving towards or should be. Start working together as a Team, weed out the problem staff members, inactive staff members or those simply not onboard with the "vision" and get a move on.

And finally, we get a lot of these threads over the years, there's always a "CM is dying" outcry but it's seldom true. However CM has held the top spot on the BYOND list for 5years now and within the last few months has been dipping from this position and bleeding players. Something is wrong and especially when OTHER servers are surpassing CM in the list.
    Last edited by Fewher; 07-21-2020 at 03:47 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Marine breaks a window
    That's due to the fact that the game is a TDM, and the amount of time MPs can assign to timers used to be absolutely mind-boggling in terms of how retarded it was. Especially stacking charges, which I have STILL seen MPs try to do to people even with the devs putting in the new brig system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine thinking that MPs are like vanilla ss13 security.
    They are actually assistants.
    >no responsibility
    >no contribution
    >invades your workspace
    >stops you from doing your job
    >ooc protection for their griefing

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only mps were like vanilla sec. Maybe they would focus more on utilizing their beefy armor that has big melee dmg resistance against xenos boarding almayer more often instead of shitting gratuitously on any and every semblance of tasteful standards, avoidance of power abuse and good will.

Also ever thought of just removing windows from the game entirely?

Quote Originally Posted by CallunaBorealis View Post
    I noticed the pianos in Big Red and Ice Colony has vanished. Other than this kind of "streamlining" reduces the opportunities for player-created fun and interesting scenarios, it's stuff like that gets removed without rationale that add to the fact that CM is in decline alright.

And CM has the softest pianos on SS13. It's not even that loud. I don't even know why they were removed lol.
    1)There is no point in making a unique plan just for uniqueness' sake. The average player is either incapable or unwilling to heed to non-meta plans and in the long run you'll accomplish nothing except risk being OOC grudged against for doing it.

2) Instruments contributed to the game lagging. And that violin sounded so offensively bad, it's beyond cacophonous. I did not appreciate at all having my ears bleed just because I was interrupted in listening to my own music because some lowlife decided to be funny and play despacito on the violin (which is unmutable and perpetually stuck at max volume so the only way to stop it was to take the instrument away or kill them )
    Last edited by 50RemAndCounting; 07-21-2020 at 08:43 AM.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    A common theme we hear from Dev's and even Soldier above, are plans to "Rework the rules! Rework RP! Add more mechanics for MP's and RP!".
    But it all boils down to essentially reverting CM 2 years and going back to what Apop, BMC, ForwardSlashN, Rahl and myself established years ago, it's nothing new but the same policies, same ideas and same content.
    I am Feweh 2.0 alt confirmed
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Whitelisted Synthetic CallunaBorealis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    Instruments contributed to the game lagging ... I did not appreciate at all having my ears bleed
    Yeah that's a shame. There should be a silence instruments option too like for midis if it gets too annoying for others.

Performance, performance...

Wasn't there a plan for a second server a while ago? Probably there could be pop limits set to the maximum amount for an ideal round length based on polls before it gets laggy. Downside is probably needing more moderators and hosting charges. $$$$$
    Shore leave approved for all my characters, enjoying the beaches of New Hawaii until further notice.

Plays as Heather Tanigawa (Intel and everything else), Erica Picotte (Medical) and Angela Ochoa (Engineering) in the USCM.

Aissa the Synthetic, a former waitress for a Cuban-themed restaurant franchise.

CB-** the Beno.