30 minute rounds suck you people reap what you SOW
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruh 120-140 pop is not good if you lost about 25% of your playerbase to changes. It better to figure what spooked them off and fix it before we hit 60-80 or less and get eaten by terragov

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Xenos being bald and hiving in the same exact spots on maps for the past 5 years is what created the 'metarush' problem.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The numbers, I dont know. General playerbase attitude and skills? Def on the decline
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just opened BYOND hub:

Entire BYOND 1162
    CM 130 - Less than 2020 usual, but still a lot and at the top.
    Para 107 - A bit more than their usual around 90.
    Fulp 93 - More than usual for SS13.
    Russian Para 84 - Russians.
    Skyrat 65 - Fur.ios
    -
    -
    -
    TGMC 37 - Their usual medium-lowpop.

People either leave BYOND for good (not a fault of CM at all), or go to other servers to play classic SS13 (bored of the TDM and stale rounds that always are the same).
    If I would have to point out the reason why new players might leave server now, when they didn't before, is a shift towards super strong T3. T1's and T2's doesn't really matter, most of them can be 1 vs 1 with a super weak slug shotgun. Newbies don't get to play T3s much, because regulars have at this point macros to evolve.
    Specs doesn't offer too much different playstyle from regular marine, thus they both are fairly fun to play, nobody cries that hard that they didn't get spec, robust PFC can do more with buckshot shotgun than a random name SADAR spec.
    Benos on the other hand, T3 is where you can get the real fun from combat.

In other words: Don't panic, less lag is better, less baldos is better. Just the fact that TGMC doesn't have like 80, or 70 players right now means that its not CM changes that drive them away. I have heard that average beno there is way stronger than in CM, not to mention that they have hugger combat. If anything, stronger benos scare players away, not the other way around, not many baldos played benos anyway, because benos aren't cool. Benos are some phallic creatures that spit acid and are boring. Marines are the guys with guns.
    Last edited by CABAL; 07-06-2020 at 03:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    I also hate on 30 minute speed run... but those 30 minute speed run are DIRECT RESULT of shitty ass updtate that happend since permanesting.
    its not ''players fault''

PERMANESTING, xeno STRUCTURES & MOBA xeno update is killing the player base.

why?
    -Updates created a huge amount of lags. (why i dont know, i dont care, its just is, devs, your last updates since 2019 made cm way more laggier)
    -Updates completely wrecked the balance between xeno and murheens. (classic xeno wasnt perfect, but they were way better than moba)
    -Roleplay is not beeing put on the front; instead admins seems happy with meta rush and speed running...

so therefor, becaus of permanest and moba updates, we got a laggier, less fun game, where RP is going down the sink to profit 30 minute speed runners....
    thats why players are leaving... updates shat on their good game...

so ye, final words... devs need to listen to player base, when a poll say that over 60% of the players dont want permanest, devs need to god damn listen and act acordingly.
    Last edited by BurningMetal; 07-06-2020 at 07:36 PM. Reason: i deleted some useles salt.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningMetal View Post
    woooow... bruh aint you supposed to be part of the staff?? wich mean aint YOU GUYS the ones who made the changes thats making people leave?...
    I also hate on 30 minute speed run... but those 30 minute speed run are DIRECT RESULT of shitty ass updtate that happend since permanesting.
    its not ''players fault''

PERMANESTING, xeno STRUCTURES & MOBA xeno update is killing the player base.

why?
    -Updates created a huge amount of lags. (why i dont know, i dont care, its just is, devs, your last updates since 2019 made cm way more laggier)
    -Updates completely wrecked the balance between xeno and murheens. (classic xeno wasnt perfect, but they were way better than moba)
    -Roleplay is not beeing put on the front; instead admins seems happy with meta rush and speed running...

so therefor, becaus of permanest and moba updates, we got a laggier, less fun game, where RP is going down the sink to profit 30 minute speed runners....
    thats why players are leaving... updates shat on their good game...

so ye, final words... devs need to listen to player base, when a poll say that over 60% of the players dont want permanest, devs need to god damn listen and act acordingly.
    Part of the reason for thirty minute rounds is removal of capture mechanics making it harder for aliens to out attrition marines so rounds have to end early or it 2-4 hour marine major every round. The nerf to cades and general nerf to any Cade hugging has made every round a rush round.

I wonder if the rushed rounds are grinding down the player-base.

Also which way did moba ruin xenos? Trying to pin it down if it annoyance on Op xeno mechanic or unfun xeno mechanics or push to tier 3 all stars

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chainsaw and mastershake on their way to lock another thread

There are many xeno mains ingame that don't use discord or forums though, nothing insane with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theres a fair possibility that player pops have nothing to do with rp standards or development stuff. This is a small obscure game, so we got big bumps from major youtubers playing ss13. Some from people having work from home orders during the current pandemic.

Maybe I shouldnt say nothing, im sure plently of people have gotten mad about staff, dev, or rp related issues and decided to leave on their own accord. This isnt exactly a new game though, frequent over 200 pops probably are a thing of the past now.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mega shift towards TDM has not helped in the slightest. Losing more and more RP elements each month is sad to see, and I believe quite a few other players agree with this.

On the uptick, no more 200-220 rounds has solved the lag issue.