Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Is CM declining?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antrixx View Post
    Theres a fair possibility that player pops have nothing to do with rp standards or development stuff. This is a small obscure game, so we got big bumps from major youtubers playing ss13. Some from people having work from home orders during the current pandemic.

Maybe I shouldnt say nothing, im sure plently of people have gotten mad about staff, dev, or rp related issues and decided to leave on their own accord. This isnt exactly a new game though, frequent over 200 pops probably are a thing of the past now.
    The 30 minute rounds are killing the game. It is fun as marine until you do it too much then it becomes dull even for them. Its cancer as fuck as xeno.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    The 30 minute rounds are killing the game. It is fun as marine until you do it too much then it becomes dull even for them. Its cancer as fuck as xeno.
    You're not wrong. Something needs to be done from a dev perspective to fix the rapid fire rounds.

Nothing we can do as Admins are going to solve this issue, unfortunately, other than enforce briefing, which is what it is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea the amount of speedrun rounds we've been having of late is insane but I don't think it's sole on the devs to fix. The skill level of xenos has gone out the window where if ya don't have good builder castes or have xenos leading marines back to the hive ya gonna get speedrunned most of the time but devs can obliviously help with the issue like with doing away with age which they're doing right now.

But on topic I would take the pop we have now over 200+ anyday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Also which way did moba ruin xenos? Trying to pin it down if it annoyance on Op xeno mechanic or unfun xeno mechanics or push to tier 3 all stars
    Tiers 1 and 2 were made to have no influenece in the round, aside from that cheeky macrowarrior because it can still pouncegrab, the entire balance of the xeno team was shifted towards making Rav,Prae and Crushers the thing the entire xeno team depends on.

So when you're playing as xeno and unless you're one of the 6-9 players that was blessed with a tier 3 then you're pretty much stuck being their meatshields because truly nothing you do will matter or contribute in a meaningful way to the round, and of course that also means that if the players that do get tier 3 turn out to be baldos or even worse MOBA Boilers , then xenos are doomed to get fucked by 12:45 so it feels you're not actually doing anyting engaging.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    The mega shift towards TDM has not helped in the slightest. Losing more and more RP elements each month is sad to see, and I believe quite a few other players agree with this.

On the uptick, no more 200-220 rounds has solved the lag issue.
    Super big lack of Development focusing areas other than pure TDM/Balance.
    Entire Dev team is pumping out updates without any focus towards RP or Social aspects.

Nothing wrong with that at all if it's intended but I get the vibe from various staff members that there's a huge lack of cooperation from the Dev side with the Management side of the game.

Also CM goes through dips and varies in population for many out-of-game factors. Specifically Covid recently was a huge influx and activity increase, with the world -starting- to go back to normal, people are returning to normal life.
    Last edited by Fewher; 07-07-2020 at 02:44 AM.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    Nothing wrong with that at all if it's intended but I get the vibe from various staff members that there's a huge lack of cooperation from the Dev side with the Management side of the game.
    A lot of people on staff (especially on the moderation side) have skin too thin for any kind of conversation that proper co-operation between devs and moderation teams would require.

Devs just learned that they need to keep to themselves or they'll drown in shitty drama and not be able to do any work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    preptime needs to get obliterated, not rapidfire rounds. 30m or 60m of good content is great, but since most rounds have 30m prep, 30m choke gameplay and 10m content it's very diluted.

Also it's become very clear to me that CM shouldn't continue towards a more MRP path because its playerbase is simply not MRP and doesn't have the capabilities for it. 99% of people just play self inserts and think that saying "sarge" is good RP. Funny milsim RP haha. And since we can't have any good RP, I'd rather the game become as mechanically fun as possible.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrok View Post
    preptime needs to get obliterated, not rapidfire rounds. 30m or 60m of good content is great, but since most rounds have 30m prep, 30m choke gameplay and 10m content it's very diluted.

Also it's become very clear to me that CM shouldn't continue towards a more MRP path because its playerbase is simply not MRP and doesn't have the capabilities for it. 99% of people just play self inserts and think that saying "sarge" is good RP. Funny milsim RP haha. And since we can't have any good RP, I'd rather the game become as mechanically fun as possible.
    GET DOWN SARGE A LURKER!!!!!
    WE FUCKING GOT HIM SARGE!!!!!
    GET SOME!!!!!
    SUPPRESSING FIRE!!!!!

When you have staff unironically saying that shooting xenos is RP you begin to wonder what standards everyone is following - is CoD TDM some form of roleplay now?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    A lot of people on staff (especially on the moderation side) have skin too thin for any kind of conversation that proper co-operation between devs and moderation teams would require.

Devs just learned that they need to keep to themselves or they'll drown in shitty drama and not be able to do any work.
    Moderation Team (Admin/Mods) really shouldn't be speaking to Dev's in term of game-direction or changes.

It should be Head Dev + Managers cooperating and communicating for the direction of the game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    Moderation Team (Admin/Mods) really shouldn't be speaking to Dev's in term of game-direction or changes.

It should be Head Dev + Managers cooperating and communicating for the direction of the game.
    They were included when I said "moderation team".

Regardless, we have Dev Architects now and that is supposedly their whole job - to decide the direction of the game, though idk how involved other heads other than the head devs get.