User Tag List

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Is CM declining?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a shitpost, but my personal opinion structures/Checkpoint gameplay/MOBA have all failed
    You know what game mode was the best, the 2018 version we played on April Fools.

People were happy and loved it, and I've heard some people say they wish CM was that version.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh God please don't roast me Thesoldier I know what I did was wrong and regret it. But I'd say, that the server has gone in some right directions:The IO/Defcon system is great, and research as gotten some great buffs. I think the server needs too build towards squad level mechanics that support communication in squads, independent of ship communication as whole. Like making each squad feel like its own team. Perhaps a squad briefing (Just an idea, not even a full one). Breakfast with bravo used to be a fun little tradition. Little remains like that outside of delta.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Not a shitpost, but my personal opinion structures/Checkpoint gameplay/MOBA have all failed
    You know what game mode was the best, the 2018 version we played on April Fools.

People were happy and loved it, and I've heard some people say they wish CM was that version.
    I think using some of the old gameplay stuff from 2018-early 2019 and some of the nice current improvements and QOL stuff would be the best way to move forward.

Good stuff to keep:
    Less reliance on stuns
    DEFCON system
    New OBs
    Giving SLs more skills
    M39 actually being good
    M41 actually being usable
    CO tablet
    A bunch of stuff I can't be assed to type out right now

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it suprising to hear so many peeps praise the current pop. Yes we don't need the 200+ pop lagfests but having no RO, CT, researchers and one doctor round after round gets old. And I dont blame them for not playing these roles. These short rounds managed to reduce those roles to their least fun parts whilst taking the bits that make them interesting. Why play CT when all you do is attachment rush, why play doctor when all you do is chemrush and then stand around doing nothing, why be an RO when you dont really need to budget since the round is over soon, why be a researcher when the round ends before you find/deploy something special. Why be a medic when you have to wait in chem line to get chems you will barely use due to the short rounds. Why bother with going all in trying to save a dead marine when you know he just respawns in like 15 or 20 minutes. IF you can even treat anybody that is, either you rush the aliens with few wounded or dead or you get rushed by them and can't save the fallen. Why be an engineer when cades are super expensive and boilers just ignore them anyways. I think it was Checkers who once said that the beauty of cm, and the thing that made it unique, was that rounds were allowed to be long.

I feel like with current cm there's no point in playing a lot of the marine roles and, as others have noted, no point in playing a lot of the xeno castes either. So what happens? You lose a lot of your support players, of the more casual players and keep the more competitive ones, those that take cm just a tad too serious. I could go and play cm right now if I wanted to but I already know that most marines are just mute unga's that dont care about (talking to) others. And why should they? Rounds are too short to ever need to talk to others and everybody just respawns in like 15 or 20 minutes anways. All we do these days is prep for the first engagement, win it and you probably win the round. No crazy plans, no tactics, just meatgrinding and see who wins. Is the current strat of always rushing chapel and fighting there really more fun and engaging than the old way 3 way split?

So yes, cm is in decline and just worse for everybody that doesnt like to unga.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5688 View Post
    snip
    However MPs are never in short supply. I wonder why.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems the end to issue is rapid rounds have decayed away support players whom are usually going to RP and such, bad map designs with prison being made worse then before it rework since it literally rush this one point, and general decline of RP that used to bind people to the game and spice it up.

But the current biggest issue?

Lag
    Specifically late game lag which means no one wants long rounds for anything to develop, just end it before it all goes to hell. This needs to be fixed first as it hampers any interest in 1+ hr long rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    these new patches caus both lag and speed runs meta...

just revert the goddamn code to prepermanest.

keep apc and rune chat, scrap all the rest.

pre-premanest era was better in all aspect.

less laggy.

longer round.

better rp.

actual better action.

#revertthecode
    Last edited by BurningMetal; 07-15-2020 at 08:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it is.

Paincrit changes are one big player. As are the fast stance on rounds.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take note anyone crying for reverting the code to a previous time, you cant just pick and choose which code you want. It going to be all or nothing, leaving any of the new code would risk the wraith of the lag god to curse that new branch then.

Anyway the only way forward is to look ahead, the coders just need to fix the lag issues and solve the problem with rapid pace gameplay clashing with slow gameplay on various systems.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am Donald J. Trump and I endorse the decline of CM.