Your Character Name?
    Lucia Clerinell
    Their BYOND Key
    Medizan
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    Around 03:30 CST
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Protocol 2. Investigate the situation.

Additionally, incorrect rules enforcement in general.
    Description of the incident
    Was playing Commanding Officer that round on Prison Station, Alpha and Bravo's orders were FOB duty, since bravo had basically nil marines. Alpha SL completely disobeyed said orders and took his entire squad to the research area of the station, at this point I ahelped since squad leaders completely ignoring command orders first drop is a server rule violation. Medizan marked my ahelp and told me it's an IC issue. Unless there has been a recent rules change, this is blatantly incorrect and the moderator in question let the said Alpha SL get away with breaking rules and endangering the op for all the other marines.
    Evidence
    Ahelp and other logs.
    How you would punish the accused
    A warning and a reminder to the rest of the staff that Squad Leader roles are OOC bound to follow orders within reason, ESPECIALLY first drop orders given on briefing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First and foremost - I am aware of and understand the concept that there is a certain roleplay standard to each Marine that they are meant to hold at their respective levels.

What Rem is specifically complaining about does not, in my opinion, warrant a giant reaction on our part due to the facts and circumstances not being anything like what he is suggesting.

1. The operation was in no way actively endangered by that point, especially by that one squad leader's actions. The Marines were already winning with most if not all T3s dead and less than 10 total Xenos remaining to their overwhelming 40s/50s on station. There was no exigency on the Marine's side of the table at that point. Most marines were actively wandering around attempting to clean up the straggling Xenos as they could to end the round. Note that the round did not last much longer after the ahelp was generated and all parties were spoken to.

2. I did speak with the other player and did investigate the situation despite my disagreement that this is mostly an IC issue. At the time of the report and when I looked for the Alpha Squad Leader, he was already back near the FOB on the west side of the kitchen area. When asked, he stated that he was lost. Simply by speaking with him, I got the impression that he was generally newer. He was already returning to the FOB without my direction or assistance and the matter seemed to have been resolved ICly.

3. The nature of this complaint appeared to be generated by Rem wishing to hold the Alpha SL accountable for failing to follow the letter of his orders. Xeno were in full retreat and were being surrounded and killed rapidly as the Alpha SL was around the base. Due to the matter already being resolved, I explained that this was less of an OOC issue and more of an IC issue which ML specifically has standards which can and have been used on MANY occasions in the past, especially recently, to handle these sorts of matters. The Alpha SL was not, to my opinion, intentionally or maliciously trying to "grief" or otherwise ruin the roleplay standard - He was looking for his bit of fun on a relatively quick round as a newer player.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if that were true that would be irrelevant because it's not something you are able to tell me mid-round, as that would be metagaming. But it's a blatant falsehood. We were on verge of being defeated because I foolishly let an absolutely incompetent Staff Officer overwatch charlie and delta squads, and due to his complete uselessnes - moreover, countermanding my command and being a menace to the operation in general - very nearly threw the game with his absolute inactions, forcing me to intervene and salvage the situation. So no, the fight was pretty much still undecided, and it was instrumental that alpha supports bravo which basically had no marines in building and securing the FOB, to prevent the Queen - whom escaped from marines after delta SL falsely called out killing her - could have easily slipped in, wreck it then hijack the shuttle or attack scattered marines from behind. In short, once again, the statement that "marines were winning so no action was needed" is ridiculous and horrifying.

Moreover, SLs simply ARE NOT PERMITTED to openly disobey orders, ESPECIALLY the ones given to them roundstart at BRIEFING. IC discussions aside, there is no excuse for them not to follow reasonable lawful orders OOCly as they have been supposed to this entire time.

Second point, by the time I ahelped, alpha sl and his squad were up at the northern boundaries of the map - the research complex room as I've mentioned. Even after I messaged them "Return to LZ immediately" SL said in reply "everyone go to chapel" moments later. I don't know how more clear can I make that the said sl was disobeying orders and was not punished for it for some inexplicable reason.

I don't know what is there to say about your third point, FOB duty is a pretty clear cut order, not open to interpretation, you cannot do "FOB duty" "to the letter" or "to the spirit" of the said order. And for the final time, the "current situation on the ground" excuse is neither relevant nor truthful. The overal justification is excessively poor. I too, roughly one year ago, was a new player, and on my first-ish SL round I was given a warning note for disobeying command orders because the handling moderator did not accept my explanation I got lost and bored. The premises are nearly identical, so what makes the instance that I reported not noteworthy, exactly?
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulling logs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Squad Orders
    Spoiler Spoiler:

50rem talking to alpha SL
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ahelp Logs:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Logs of Medi talking to the alpha SL:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Timeline
    [2:07] - Briefing
    [2:10 - 2:11] - Alpha SL probably(?) going out of the FOB after landing and ignoring 50rems warning.
    [02:12:51] - Adminhelp
    [02:13:17] - Alpha SL saying go to chapel
    [02:19:18] - Medi talking to the Alpha SL about the issue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After speaking with Forest I am being shown documentation that, up to this point, was not shown to me regarding this specific ruling and I was genuinely not aware of such. I will admit that I was not aware of the ruling. I had only saw the following ruling: Emerald Blood 10/14/2019
    No command role is bound to follow an order by rules. Provided they're not disregarding command structure (the rule placed mostly upon SL), they're free to go against orders to be dealt with ICly.

That aside, I still feel that this would have been better handled as an IC issue among the Marines.

You don't need to be aware of the Xeno situation that is going on, if you don't have that knowledge that's fine. I Did have that knowledge of what was going on planetside and I knew that the round was about to have an impending loss. At the time I was viewing the Alpha SL he was not far from the FOB and to my belief and understanding, he would be reasonably bored. I get that leaving the FOB breaks the "round start order" but the practicality of the situation wasn't that dire- even if 50rem didn't know that.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on what I’ve read here and medis response, yes SLs are bound by rule standards to follow orders unless they are suicidal/extremely reckless.

Yes medi made a judgement error but there was no ill intent so I think a private conversation will suffice
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids