Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bruh they did hanger briefings in Aliens

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    We should give marines a point system where they can join with all the uniform on, fed and allow marines to get attachments from a communal vendor.

Remove SL squad req system.

Allow cargo to operate as normal for special requests.

Extend the drop-timer (IC excuse for the drop-ship launching at "X" time could be that we are still entering orbit.)

Allow marines time to either roleplay, chat or if they so wish just alt tab and wait for briefing, rather than having to do tedious shit which exists to artificially delay the round, but also causes issues like SLs generally missing briefing.

Hell, you could even randomise a briefing document which HC sends depending on the map with some fluff information based on assumed intel, which could give COs something to work with.
    I already do that last point, I usually make up some bullshit roleplay reasons why we are deploying to the colony and why I am doing my specific plan. (Ex - LV has reported CLF infiltrators growing and trading drugs, so we're gonna blow up their base of operations, the Hydroponics dome. Prison station has the political prisoner 'Lil Donny' who is Donald Trump IV's fifteenth son, we gotta rescue him, etc.)

It helps spice the round up and generally people seem to think that it's funny and enjoyable.

I'd be perfectly fine with forcing marines to deploy no earlier than 12:20 or 12:25 as long as all the tedious shit that they have to do gets removed, since none of the tedium adds to the roleplaying experience, and if staff claim that the early drops are a problem for xenos getting 'metarushed', xenos need to get fucking good and stop hiving in the same location on every map.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just L View Post
    I already do that last point, I usually make up some bullshit roleplay reasons why we are deploying to the colony and why I am doing my specific plan. (Ex - LV has reported CLF infiltrators growing and trading drugs, so we're gonna blow up their base of operations, the Hydroponics dome. Prison station has the political prisoner 'Lil Donny' who is Donald Trump IV's fifteenth son, we gotta rescue him, etc.)

It helps spice the round up and generally people seem to think that it's funny and enjoyable.

I'd be perfectly fine with forcing marines to deploy no earlier than 12:20 or 12:25 as long as all the tedious shit that they have to do gets removed, since none of the tedium adds to the roleplaying experience, and if staff claim that the early drops are a problem for xenos getting 'metarushed', xenos need to get fucking good and stop hiving in the same location on every map.
    Agreed, most COs just make some random stuff up just to make briefing a little more enjoyable. Imagine having a random story generator which could also effect survivors roles and the Intel Marines get for briefing.

The tedium is honestly an extremely poor game design choice which has never really been updated beyond minor things (such as auto equipping clothing from machines) yet it hasn't been resolved, despite the obvious sheer talent our current development team has.

Perhaps the staff are slightly concerned that altering this will make the server turn in to a shit show for the first 15/20 minutes but I do honestly think it's worth testing, even if we have to put up with the temporary issues it may create.

Its a legacy "bandaid" for an issue which we could solve in a much more effective way in this new age of CM.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main issue is we had CO Whitelist players go XO so they could avoid WL standards for Commanding Officer and part of that was briefing.
    If you guys want a 12:20 to 12:25 deploy time again, throw it on gitlab.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    The main issue is we had CO Whitelist players go XO so they could avoid WL standards for Commanding Officer and part of that was briefing.
    If you guys want a 12:20 to 12:25 deploy time again, throw it on gitlab.
    It shocks me how many people want 1220 to be the earliest you can deploy when the gitlab for it got like 15 downvotes and 0 upvotes

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Memesky View Post
    It shocks me how many people want 1220 to be the earliest you can deploy when the gitlab for it got like 15 downvotes and 0 upvotes
    Benomains who perform false-flag operations.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Non-issue turned into OOC rulebreak by salty staff with nothing else to get mad at.

Classic CM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean arent they making xenos not have upgrades anymore? That kinda counters the "we arent ready cause marines rushed" thing. So just let marines deploy whenever they want after thats in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we're gonna be forced to do briefing in the briefing room can they at least revert the podium so people stop delaying briefing with smokes and shit
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is one of the reasons why the people in charge of making rulings need to be actively playing the game because, at this point, it's apparent that they are out of touch with the community and how the game functions as a whole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    Someone please report Apone and makesure that mother fucker never gets WL because he just broke the immersion and RP of the setting by holding a briefing IN THE HANGER ROOM!!!!
    Blame LT Gorman. That guy can’t run an OP to save his life, or anyone else’s