Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P0tat0 - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    P0tat0

Player Name You Use Most?
    Anders Brightwood

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    Commanding Officer Application:
    //showthrea...er-Application

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    N/A

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    I view Battlefield Executions as a method of putting insubordinate crew or marines in line, should other forms of punishment (i.e. Brigging, Demotion) fail.

This method of punishment, however, should only be used in either dire situations, such as a trigger-happy PVT in a SD hold that has caused so much FF that the defense itself is affected, or in cases where an insubordinate crewmember or marine has committed a capital offense and that a proper bureaucratic execution cannot be applied due to constraints in both time and resources.

From my observations, a regular Execution is a bureaucratic method of permanently removing an insubordinate marine or crewmember from further causing problems for the ongoing operation whereas a Battlefield Execution is a form of execution done in the spot of the crime in order to actively prevent further problems arising from the crewmember or marine that actively hampers the ongoing operation.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    Anders Brightwood is someone who prefers following SOP and rules by the letter, but doesn't shy from straying from it should the situation demand it to him.

He would always let the respective department heads operate independently so long as they are not in breach of the Code of Military Justice or Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and are not affecting the general flow of the ongoing operation, whether it be on the ground itself or aboard the vessel. Should a department require something from another department, per say Engineering requiring phoron for their explosives, Anders would coordinate this with Requisitions and ensure that the supplies are sent to the OTs in time in order to keep the flow of material and men to the frontlines efficient and orderly.

In instances where there are insubordinate crewmembers or department, Anders would first try to determine the problem and try to solve it diplomatically, should this however fail, he does not shy from using brigging, demotion, and rarely, executions in order to enforce his will for the general benefit of the operation.

A good example of this is if there is an insubordinate Requisitions Officer. Logistics is a major component in every successful operation and in a situation where the RO refuses to send essential equipment to frontline troops due to a certain marine whom the RO had a grudge, Anders would first remind the RO that he or she is first and foremost a commissioned officer of the USCM and should act as such then tell him to direct his complaints to the Chief of Military Police (CMP) and lastly, directly order said RO to deliver the supplies to the troops on the ground. Should the RO continue refusing, he would authorize the brigging or demotion of the RO, depending on the need of the supplies and have a CT or the Synth take his place.

Another example would be an insubordinate Engineering Department. Let's say there is an OT that keeps making HEFA grenades that only hamper marines. In this scenario, Anders would directly order him to stop making HEFA grenades and explain to him why said grenades are hampering the operations. If the grenades have not posed any major damage to the marines, he would be more than intent to let it go as a rookie mistake. Should the grenades do the opposite however, he will have the OT arrested for Manslaughter and Neglect of Duty and have his enlistment in the United States Colonial Marines reviewed.

In cases where there are insubordinate Military Police officers, such as an MP escaping arrest after holding a contest and giving away his beret, Anders would try to defuse the situation diplomatically, granting minor concessions needed in order to bring the rogue MP in line. In cases where this fails, he does not shy away from authorizing force in order to subdue the rogue MP, seeing as their equipment and access is detrimental to the USCM's operation. In the event of the latter situation being resolved with the rogue MP being apprehended, Anders would have said MP to be brigged for FFP (Failure to Follow Procedure) and for whatever infractions the rogue MP has committed in his rampage.

Lastly, in cases where the Anders' command staff are being insubordinate, likely when an SO has a certain grudge with a squad marine he or she is overwatching, he will first determine the problem at hand and solve it diplomatically, reminding them that as officers of the USCM, they uphold a very high standard of conduct and must live to that standard at all times. Should this fail however, he will gladly brig or demote any officer to the Operations Department and have his or her commissionment terminated as a method of discipline and as a warning to any and all future officers that insubordination is a crime, not a right and that they should stop acting like the barbaric CLF and live up to their standards.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    A Commander is a guiding hand upon which the will of the USCM is directed towards. It is the Commander's responsibility to ensure that the operation is going smoothly and efficiently, that there are minimal casualties to friendly forces, and that the OpFor is eventually defeated. He or she is also responsible for the conduct of his or her own troops and crew. He or she may do this by either the traditional method of leading behind the front, or the more pro-active method of leading within the front itself, the latter option however leaves him unable to rapidly respond to any shipside problems that may arise during the operation.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    A great addition to the Commanding Officer would be a universal overwatch modification for his or her Command Tablet or at the very least replace the intercom at the CO's area with an overwatch console, seeing as most command staff have access to the general channel and there are other intercoms available at the CIC.

In my experience serving as a CIC officer, I always find the current Commanding Officer physically going to each individual overwatch console in order to oversee how the ground troops are faring against the OpFor, affecting how quickly the CO can respond to the conditions on the battlefield, with a personal overwatch console, he or she can quickly view the situation on the ground and plan accordingly. Alongside the aforementioned boon, if the CO can access the squad overwatch with fewer clicks, it is hoped that there can be increased coordination between the ground troops and CIC, allowing for complex maneuvers that exceeds what only using the radio for information can do.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    By being whitelisted, I can contribute by adding some memorable RP experiences for the players of CM SS13, whether it be livening up the usually dull setup, inspiring the marines to push or hold steadfast, fighting alongside them if need be, or convincing them that living to fight another day is better than dying aboard the ship when the xenos crashland.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    In one of the many offices aboard the Marine Space Force, Herculis, Chinook 91 GSO Station, Captain Anders Brightwood stands in front of the Head of Operations, Rear Admiral Allan Peter Dubix.

"Take a seat, Brightwood." says the Rear Admiral.

Brightwood promptly nods and sits down.

"I've been reading your dossier. You have an impressive service record, Brightwood, starting out as a combat medic then being a well-decorated NCO then rising to the ranks as a Captain within the Second Fleet." remarks the Rear Admiral while simulaneously putting Brightwood's dossier on his desk.

"Nothing too fancy sir. I've just been doing what I can to serve the USCM." Brightwood replies.

The Rear Admiral laughs a bit.

"Anyways Brightwood, I assume you know why you are here?" the Rear Admiral asks.

"Yes sir." Brightwood sharply replies.

"Good. Good. I must admit, overall, your papers are pretty spotless, except for your service credentials." says the Rear Admiral.

"Service credentials, sir?" the young Captain asks.

"See, the records regarding your first operation as a Captain are... messy, to say the least. I just require you to tell me what happened. In full detail." the Rear Admiral says sternly, with emphasis on the 'full detail' part.

Brightwood nods in response. He looks up a bit, remembering his first real operation as Captain, in crisp detail.

"Well, my first operation was codenamed Operation Sweeping Eagle, on December 28, 2188, at the Hossin Research Station, somewhere in the Omega Eridani sector, in command of the 69th 'Rough Riders' Battalion aboard the USS Madigan, an Arikara-class Patrol Transport. We were awoken by our ARES system in orbit of the station after ARES detected a distress signal coming from it. As I had my battalion prep up for combat ops, I tried raising the Station Command Center, hoping to see the situation aboard. After three hails with no response, me and my command staff came to the conclusion that the station's command crew are either dead or hiding. We deliberated if this was a CLF attack or something far worse." Brightwood tells before he is interrupted by the Rear Admiral.

"Something far worse, Captain?" the Rear Admiral inquisitively asks.

"Well sir, back then, there were rumors of how multiple USCM ships going missing and as to how, well, it can either be the UPP, the CLF, or those... black... things..." the Captain said with a shiver.

"Things? Do clarify." the Rear Admiral inquires.

"Well, more of lizards sir, or so the lads say back then before my first operation." the Captain replies.

"I see. Carry on with your story, Captain." the Rear Admiral says.

"Anyways, I briefed my men on the current situation and gave them their orders. They went to the dropship, and me and my command staff went to our CIC. As I gave the order to deploy, a sudden crackle in the CIC intercom suddenly alerted us. It was a voice, a woman's voice, saying in a desperate and oddly tired tone, "Don't... go... aboard..." before being suddenly cut off. We knew we had to act fast in order to rescue as much survivors as possible and defeat the confirmed but currently unknown hostile presence aboard the station. As my marines started deploying, I noticed in their cameras an abundance of thick, black goo that resembles grass all across the main hangar, and the silhouette of multiple human-sized, yet oddly lizard like beings. I reminded my men of the Rules of Engagement and ordered them to proceed to their respective objectives. Alpha was on recon to the upper level of the station, Bravo was on FOB, Charlie was on recon to the lower level of the station, and Delta was to recon their current level. It was when the marines entered the narrow hallways that the doors behind them immediately locked shut, as if someone glued the airlocks tight with black glue, and then reports of marines being slashed, then dragged towards the darkness. It was when I heard that the rumored black lizard things are indeed true, and that they are falling one by one to their horde." the Captain says before pausing a bit.

"Anything wrong, Captain?" the Rear Admiral asks.

"Just some memories sir. Nothing to serious." the young Captain reassures the Rear Admiral.

"We all get those, Brightwood. Anyways, continue on." the Rear Admiral emotionlessly says.

"Yes sir. As soon as I heard that we were fighting the rumored xenos, I'll just call them xenos for simplicity's sake, I immediately ordered a full retreat to the FOB in order to prepare to defend what I thought was just a medium sized threat. The few survivors from Alpha, Charlie and Delta made it back to the safety of Bravo's cadelines before a loud screech was heard, even piercing through the general intercoms aboard the ship. A few moments after that, I asked for a status report from the Bravo squad leader, all I got was radio noise. It was when one of my Lieutenants pointed out a huge sudden light on where the Main Hangar should be, then the appearance of debris in that area. I immediately ordered my POs to check the area for any survivors. After thirty minutes, they returned empty handed. I consulted my command staff on our available marines and decided that we would be better off disengaging and awaiting reinforcements. So I ordered my helmsman to chart an orbit course a bit farther from the station to prevent any debris from hitting the ship. I then announced that the current operation was over and that we will have debrief in 1700 hours. I went back to my office and prepared a fax to my Head of Operations back then, Rear Admiral Samantha Matthews, requesting for reinforcements."

"Did any reinforcements arrive?" asks the Rear Admiral.

"After waiting for two days in orbit sir, no. No help nor response to my fax arrived." replied the young Captain.

"Very well. That concludes our meeting today, Captain Brightwood. Thank you for your time. Expect a response to your request in two weeks time. You are dismissed." the Rear Admiral says.

"Thank you, sir." Brightwood says while he stood up, and gave a brisk salute, to which the Rear Admiral promptly responded in kind.

Two weeks after his meeting with Rear Admiral Allan Peter Dubix, while aboard the USS Madigan, he received a fax from USCM High Command in regards to his request. In it, it read:

Dear Captain Anders Brightwood,

Your transfer request to the 3rd Fleet has been granted.

Your new assignment will be the 44th 'Falling Falcons' Battalion, aboard the USS Almayer.

You are to report to your new post in two weeks time.

Good day.

Signed,
    (whatever signature you imagine for this guy)
    Rear Admiral Allan Peter Dubix, Head of Operations, USCM 3rd Fleet

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, you're the based marine who literally FF'ed me many times on Prison Station. By the way, your application is good. You can RP based on my observation and really active as SL and PFC. Thing is, I don't see you much in Command so what I want you to do is grind the Command roles until this application will be resolve.

+1 from me, I love your story. Haha

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will say your application's good; it's definitely an improvement over the last time you applied and it's good to see that previous criticisms regarding your application were corrected here.

That being said, the practical experience part is the problem. I hope there's a few others here who're willing to attest to you rolling XO, because personally I've only ever recalled seeing you as SL. Definitely better than not being seen at all, but operational command is just as important as squad command. Like Enyonggg said earlier, try grinding more XO/SO so you're known more in CIC roles.

I'll ask this question and then wait for more to give their votes before I give mine. I won't vote just yet -- have to let this app sit for a bit.

Briefly describe a round where you lost as XO.
    What led up to the loss?
    Was there any particular incident that turned the tides against the Marines?
    And do you believe command's actions (or inactions) played a part in the loss?
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the rounds where I lost as XO was in a Prison Round, I sent Alpha to go fortify Chapel, Bravo on FOB, then Delta and Charlie to scout the colony counter-clockwise, barring civ res. Unfortunately, instead of Alpha fortifying Chapel, they unga'd along with Charlie and Delta, leading them to get surrounded at VIP Checkpoint. I ordered a retreat to FOB, but only a couple Charlies, Deltas and Alphas remained. Marines held down the best they could but xenos curb-stomped us before the one hour mark, with anyone barely able to evac. Xenos then stole the DS, crashlanded, then I called for evac, although not many evac'd (I think it was just me actually, dunno).

As for the incident that led to the loss, the very fact that Alpha didn't fortify Chapel led to them getting surrounded and curb-stomped.

Looking back, I'd say I can safely blame this on the marines, considering they didn't bother fortifying Chapel and just unga'd hard even when being reminded multiple times. I hold no grudge though for that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question time!
    try to answer these to the best of your ability!
    do in all case of scenario's Example for 3 in the event of a mutiny or the Xo was murdered with no mutiny and for 4 with and without MPs

1. Two MPs kidnap the CMP by drugging him to sleep, then kidnapping them to the execution chair as a prank. They're the only MPs on the ship besides the CMP. What is your course of action?

2. It's been a 2 hour round going back and fourth what is your idea of breaking the stale mate?

3. You deploy and the XO gets assassinated by a bunch of unga delta's what are you going to do?

4. A bunch of deltas and an IO the Alamo at 12:18 without asking you and without the PO. What will you do?

Give an example of a Briefing in giving orders context and an example of a debrief before aliens start boarding
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Assuming they did not actually kill the CMO as part of the prank, I would have both MPs arrested for NOD, Illegal Confinement and Assault (if one can argue that using syringes is equivalent to physical force). As they are the only MPs, barring the CMP, I would deputize the XO and the available SOs in order to assist the CMP in detaining said individuals. If they did kill the CMO, either accidentally using the wrong syringe or intentionally using the wrong syringe, I would charge them both manslaughter or murder respectively and then repeat the process above. Should it be murder however, I may authorize an execution depending on how all parties present their cases.
    Addendum: In the likely occurence that the MPs are too robust for the CMP and the deputized CIC officers, I will allow regular marines to assist in the apprehension of the MPs.

2. In a 2 hour stalemate, let's say in LV, a balanced map where these occurences are quite common, I would order the marines in a more defensive stance, protecting Hydro, the supply road and LZ1 (assuming I went for LZ1) and have IO teams to scour the battlefield for corpses and remaining intel to further benefit DEFCON so as to get the nuclear bomb in the fastest time possible, as marines tend to dislike sitting in cadelines. This is all assuming that the IOs did well for the previous hour and have reached DEFCON 2. If the marines deal major losses to the xenos while defending, I will order a small push to Central Barrens first to check the waters, then press on to wherever cave system the xenos are in for another shot at their hive. If this fails, it's back to the Hydro defense. If not, well, it would just be a matter of tidying up resistance.

3. For the first scenario, when XO got killed in a mutiny, I would grant amnesty to the marines involved as the XO was attempting to usurp the current command structure while I am fighting planetside, but the XO must be revived and immediately brigged for sedition. As for the second scenario, I would have all available MPs to immediately apprehend the Deltas in the charge of murder and sedition, as they technically tried to usurp the command structure whereas in the first one, it was the XO usurping the command structure. In the latter scenario, I will authorize lethals on the Deltas as they will obviously be armed to the teeth, being marines and all, for as long as they are to be revived as soon as their corpses are retrieved and immediately tried and processed for either brigging or execution.

4. In the first scenario, whether or not they are part of the IO's escort or recon team, I will have to let them pass so long as they do not launch the DS without proper authorization. If I forced the Deltas to go to briefing, in a situation where there are no MPs aboard, I risk causing a mass riot, affecting the operational capability of the battalion in the operation. On the second scenario however, should the IO respond to the Deltas not being part of his or her recon team, I would first order the Deltas to go to Briefing, and if they refuse, have the MPs drag them to briefing. If they still resist, then they shall be charged with Insubordination.

BRIEFING (Giving Orders - Assume this is on LV)

Anyways, with that out of the way, here are your squad assignments.

Alpha, you're in charge of Hydro duty. I want it fortified. Leave a QRF for offensive operations.

Bravo, as always, FOB. Same as Alpha, leave a QRF for offensive operations.

Charlie, repair power then scout the western side of the colony. Report any findings then rally at Hydro.

Delta, scout the eastern side of the colony. Report findings then rally to Hydro.

Alright marines, good luck, and godspeed. DISMISSED!

DEBRIEF (Just before xenos board the Almayer)

Alright. Don't mind the DS leaving, the MPs are taking care of it. For now, we must determine what went wrong.

Any suggestions?

*suggestions are given until the DS decides to launch*

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there, while you've definitely got potential, from my observations of your playing so far, I feel you're still too new to commanding to be a good CO at this time.

Your general attitude is pretty good, just keep working on becoming a more experienced leader, getting to know the nooks and crannies of CIC better, and brushing up your announcements game.

Good luck.

Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by P0tat0 View Post
    1. Assuming they did not actually kill the CMO as part of the prank, I would have both MPs arrested for NOD, Illegal Confinement and Assault (if one can argue that using syringes is equivalent to physical force). As they are the only MPs, barring the CMP, I would deputize the XO and the available SOs in order to assist the CMP in detaining said individuals. If they did kill the CMO, either accidentally using the wrong syringe or intentionally using the wrong syringe, I would charge them both manslaughter or murder respectively and then repeat the process above. Should it be murder however, I may authorize an execution depending on how all parties present their cases.
    Addendum: In the likely occurence that the MPs are too robust for the CMP and the deputized CIC officers, I will allow regular marines to assist in the apprehension of the MPs.

2. In a 2 hour stalemate, let's say in LV, a balanced map where these occurences are quite common, I would order the marines in a more defensive stance, protecting Hydro, the supply road and LZ1 (assuming I went for LZ1) and have IO teams to scour the battlefield for corpses and remaining intel to further benefit DEFCON so as to get the nuclear bomb in the fastest time possible, as marines tend to dislike sitting in cadelines. This is all assuming that the IOs did well for the previous hour and have reached DEFCON 2. If the marines deal major losses to the xenos while defending, I will order a small push to Central Barrens first to check the waters, then press on to wherever cave system the xenos are in for another shot at their hive. If this fails, it's back to the Hydro defense. If not, well, it would just be a matter of tidying up resistance.

3. For the first scenario, when XO got killed in a mutiny, I would grant amnesty to the marines involved as the XO was attempting to usurp the current command structure while I am fighting planetside, but the XO must be revived and immediately brigged for sedition. As for the second scenario, I would have all available MPs to immediately apprehend the Deltas in the charge of murder and sedition, as they technically tried to usurp the command structure whereas in the first one, it was the XO usurping the command structure. In the latter scenario, I will authorize lethals on the Deltas as they will obviously be armed to the teeth, being marines and all, for as long as they are to be revived as soon as their corpses are retrieved and immediately tried and processed for either brigging or execution.

4. In the first scenario, whether or not they are part of the IO's escort or recon team, I will have to let them pass so long as they do not launch the DS without proper authorization. If I forced the Deltas to go to briefing, in a situation where there are no MPs aboard, I risk causing a mass riot, affecting the operational capability of the battalion in the operation. On the second scenario however, should the IO respond to the Deltas not being part of his or her recon team, I would first order the Deltas to go to Briefing, and if they refuse, have the MPs drag them to briefing. If they still resist, then they shall be charged with Insubordination.

BRIEFING (Giving Orders - Assume this is on LV)

Anyways, with that out of the way, here are your squad assignments.

Alpha, you're in charge of Hydro duty. I want it fortified. Leave a QRF for offensive operations.

Bravo, as always, FOB. Same as Alpha, leave a QRF for offensive operations.

Charlie, repair power then scout the western side of the colony. Report any findings then rally at Hydro.

Delta, scout the eastern side of the colony. Report findings then rally to Hydro.

Alright marines, good luck, and godspeed. DISMISSED!

DEBRIEF (Just before xenos board the Almayer)

Alright. Don't mind the DS leaving, the MPs are taking care of it. For now, we must determine what went wrong.

Any suggestions?

*suggestions are given until the DS decides to launch*
    Fantastic answers over all i would like to see you play command and see how you handle a operation as XO and if you want to specifically be Commander under me i can give you tips and Ect before i give you a +1
    Pm me on discord Jonathongun#0219 if you'd like
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is a good Commander, roleplays and relays information well. Not a whitelisted CO but I can vouch for him.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen you as XO but it seems you are new for me. Lol. I can't give neutral so -1 for now but I'll change it soon when you are ready to lead. Keep playing

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019