Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Maturity = A weird step in the right direction

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Maturity = A weird step in the right direction

Managed to somehow pull queen three times in a row last night, two of which was during the "no maturity" change.

Big fan. Xenos were able to hold a lot easier, and being "combat effective" immediately made it much easier to get them back into the fight.

The best part was that missing the early t3/t2 slot didnt matter anymore, because the second you were able to go t3, you were "eldar" and capable of fighting.

I thought it was going to be stupid, turned out pretty good.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    doubt its fun for the marines that have to fight endless t3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun for beans hell for survivors
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The idea that the stats were "between mature and elder" was either a mistake, a lie, or just wrong.

Young Praetorians have 500 HP, Mature Praetorians have 625 HP, Elder Praetorians have 700 HP - yet Praetorians in the test had 600 HP, which doesn't even measure up to mature.

Don't even get me started on Warrior, it got gutted with nerfs because 3 people were really good with it, and then with no maturity it has 400 HP, equal to its current value at YOUNG.

Regardless, I enjoyed the removal of maturity, I just think Warrior's health needs quite a bit of a bump and the statement "between Mature and Elder" needs to be fixed, cause as far as I saw most xenos didn't even equal their previous mature values, let alone Elder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah maturity removal was good, but the stats were awful. Runner was moving at young runner speeds, which is not very fast. Definitely could use this base statline bumped up across the board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was long overdue, glad to hear that it is really getting put in. And long last I won't have to spend 15 minutes maturing so I could actually go fight without dying instantly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i remember neth telling me about they wanted to remoove maturity when i was arguing with him about permanest...

at the time when he said that he wanted maturity gone i completely let go and stopped arguing to him becaus i taught this was incredibly bad direction
    for the game. i was arguing about how permanest was bad and he replyied by telling me they were gona remove more cool feature to help their new game balance...
    wich i hate.
    total loss of hope for CM after permanest/moba and now maturity remooval...

its just sad to see a potentialy great game go to shit instead of flourishing...

remember when young could have fun guarding the nest instead of waiting for evo? ;P
    Last edited by BurningMetal; 07-07-2020 at 06:33 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heraclitus View Post
    This was long overdue, glad to hear that it is really getting put in. And long last I won't have to spend 15 minutes maturing so I could actually go fight without dying instantly.
    now if only we could find a similar solution for wounded marines...

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningMetal View Post
    i remember neth telling me about they wanted to remoove maturity when i was arguing with him about permanest...

at the time when he said that he wanted maturity gone i completely let go and stopped arguing to him becaus i taught this was incredibly bad direction
    for the game. i was arguing about how permanest was bad and he replyied by telling me they were gona remove more cool feature to help their new game balance...
    wich i hate.
    total loss of hope for CM after permanest/moba and now maturity remooval...

its just sad to see a potentialy great game go to shit instead of flourishing...

remember when young could have fun guarding the nest instead of waiting for evo? ;P
    Cmon dude, guarding nests was never fun. It was just 'Make sure that marine doesn't escape or else he'll drop an M15 frag on himself and kill like 9 other marines'

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maturation did nothing anyway but put people in the gay baby jail, aka nest, for 20 minutes till marines Rambo your ass or you get c4ed by a scout becuase you were tabbed out watching tv.