User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No Maturity = A weird step in the right direction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sory Orlando, i might just be weird, but i did have fun not getting force ghosted once nested... to me it helped to push the immersion. so of course as a marine i enjoyed old nests...

but more importantly, as a xeno: it made something for young xeno to do in nest while maturing, i used to RP with other xeno while guarding nest while maturing and it was fun.
    it was also fun for me to capture other player and nest them when we could keep on interacting together: now with permanest i genuinly dont bother capturing no more, becaus its not fun; nesting somone is actualy forcing the player you just cap to ghost... wich is no fun.

i simply hate it.
    i dont play cm to win, i play cm to have a cool experience... and the whole nesting side of the game was a cool experience, at least for me, on both side.

now remove permanest, put moba, now remove alien maturation and what do you get?
    you get 30 minute uninsteresting speed run...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old maturation forced marines to attack before xenos matured into unstoppable killing machines.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningMetal View Post
    sory Orlando, i might just be weird, but i did have fun not getting force ghosted once nested... to me it helped to push the immersion. so of course as a marine i enjoyed old nests...

but more importantly, as a xeno: it made something for young xeno to do in nest while maturing, i used to RP with other xeno while guarding nest while maturing and it was fun.
    it was also fun for me to capture other player and nest them when we could keep on interacting together: now with permanest i genuinly dont bother capturing no more, becaus its not fun; nesting somone is actualy forcing the player you just cap to ghost... wich is no fun.

i simply hate it.
    i dont play cm to win, i play cm to have a cool experience... and the whole nesting side of the game was a cool experience, at least for me, on both side.

now remove permanest, put moba, now remove alien maturation and what do you get?
    you get 30 minute uninsteresting speed run...
    I understand that you might have had some good experiences with it, but the bad ones do heavily outweigh the good ones overall. Rounds can be made longer through ways that aren't artificial, which is what the next steps that the devs are taking seems to be by adding in objective-based gameplay instead of just TDM stuff.

Think about it, sitting around having nothing to do isn't going to magically create a more interesting environment to roleplay or game in, that's just due to the players being good and making the best of what they have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone404 View Post
    Old maturation forced marines to attack before xenos matured into unstoppable killing machines.
    Good, that's what prevented them from hugging cades so hard they fart barbed wire

Now that's it gone is either a 40 minute unga speedrun or a marines hug cades and kill around 10 benos then later marine major in the ship

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentMountain View Post
    Good, that's what prevented them from hugging cades so hard they fart barbed wire

Now that's it gone is either a 40 minute unga speedrun or a marines hug cades and kill around 10 benos then later marine major in the ship
    Yeah neuro gas was cancer but it at least allowed xenos to attack cades. Current boilers are too weak, and marines have no incentive to leave the cades once the IOs get a decent amount of intel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is also the runner problem... i used to main runner when playing xeno... i really enjoyed it. and i allways considered that anything under anciant runner was a joke and should wait for anciant, caus too slow, pounce cool down too slow, and most importantly getting one shot by evrything. only anciant runner was able to survive a pb, for exemple.

anyway... now with this awsome new cool idea to please the speed-run moba meta even harder, there is no more maturity...

wich mean runner are stuck as ''mature'' for ever... wich mean runner are literal trash that can get one shotted by evrything...

LZR sad.

#revertthecode

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marine revive, xenos not getting stronger with time, marines getting stronger with time all reward not attacking once xenos are contained.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am marine main, have to say it is fun having to try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningMetal View Post
    there is also the runner problem... i used to main runner when playing xeno... i really enjoyed it. and i allways considered that anything under anciant runner was a joke and should wait for anciant, caus too slow, pounce cool down too slow, and most importantly getting one shot by evrything. only anciant runner was able to survive a pb, for exemple.

anyway... now with this awsome new cool idea to please the speed-run moba meta even harder, there is no more maturity...

wich mean runner are stuck as ''mature'' for ever... wich mean runner are literal trash that can get one shotted by evrything...

LZR sad.

#revertthecode
    what do you mean

Runners have been always getting one hit by buckshot. If you die its your fault. Learn to pick your enemies and stop taking high risks if you're complaining about dying.
    We have runners like SHP or JO-KE that shits on marines even on maturity update.

Also guarding nests hasn't been fun. Capture 10 marines? Yeah have fun guarding a nest till one fucker primes an m15 and kills 10 captures.

Permanesting was a great addition to the marines because THEY WILL THINK FIRST BEFORE THEY CHARGE which is absent to most marines playing the game.

After the permanesting addition i've seen marines actually clear weeds or trying to pick their fight first and being cautious. Before permanesting marines would just try fuck get captured because they know themselves that they can still cause damage to the hive.

The recent code changes have been good. Take it or leave it. The game is in a much better state rather than being stale old xenos.
    Crusher is better now rather than braindead hold WASD to charge. Rav is just not a charge slash then go back caste now.
    Lurker actually takes skill to play and it actually kills people with its skillset really fast which was not present in the old lurker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminder that you were able to get up and PB yourself in 0.5 seconds with just a resist macro, long before a xeno would be able to open the door