Byond ID?
    Furbnus

CM Character?
    Hazel Ray

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    EST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    25-30

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    No.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Paradise and Bay.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Im clean.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Squeaky clean.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would PM both parties as well as the MPs to get a better understanding of the situation and determine whether it was properly escalated IC. If it wasn’t, give the shooter a note. If they already have a note, give them a 3 hour ban in addition. If it was properly escalated IC then no further action is needed.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Let the player know that staff are not allowed to make judgements on WL problems. If a staff member that is also a council member is on, ask them to handle the situation. If nobody is available, tell the player they can make a player report on the forums so the council can investigate and give them the predator’s ckey.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Probably just a newer player, I would ask a mentor or SEA to show him the ropes. If none are available I would help him out to the best of my availability to get familiar with the game.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    That attitude towards staff isn’t tolerated, I would ask him to tone himself down and note him, and then tell him that he is more than welcome to file a staff report on the forums so a manager can take a look.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Let the player know about Rule 12 regarding reference names, and then offer to change it for him. Meanwhile, give him a note and check if he has any previous notes regarding the issue.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    This is just an IC issue, it can be solved with MPs. I would take no action.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Tell the player that Survs are not allowed to be hostile to marines outside of RP escalation as of a few months ago. Note them, and then give them a survivor jobban if they already have existing notes about this.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    First I would make sure that the player’s story checks out, and make sure the MP made the correct decision by taking a look at the logs.

If the MP was excessive, I would tell them to release the prisoner and give them the proper punishment instead, and then note them. If they have a history of poor MP performance, an MP jobban may be necessary.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    In this situation I would send an SM to the Commander telling him to go on the offensive, as 4 aliens against 30 marines is a pretty clear Marine Major.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    As I am directly involved in the incident, I cannot handle this as I could be biased in my decision making. I would ask for another staff member to take a look at the issue.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    EORG only applies if the players are members of allied factions. I would tell the player that because Marines and CLF are directly opposed to one another, it is not EORG. I would take no further action.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    If the marine is stealing valuable or rare equipment such as a Smartgun or Spec gear, or if their actions have affected multiple players, I would Asleep them and tell them to and give them a note, so as to stop their behavior. Otherwise, I would consider this an IC issue.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would tell the murderer that this is improper escalation, and give him a warning and a note regarding the incident. If he has a history of this behaviour, I would give him a 3 hour ban in addition.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would tell the marines via MOOC that they need to Ahelp the mutiny and get staff permission. If they ignore me and break into CIC anyway, Asleep the offenders and apply punishments.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Normally IC racism is fine so long as it is kept to a minor degree, but if I receive an Ahelp about it I would ask the offenders to tone it down a bit, giving them a note if they continue as they were.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Shooter was a griefer, Aheal all affected marines, then hit the shooter with a ban, note, and file for perma.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I would PM the player and tell them that combat larvas are not allowed, and then warn them as well as apply a note. If they have a history, a xeno jobban may be appropriate.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Warn the xeno that spouting memes is LRP behaviour, and then give them a note. The insults can simply result in banishment by the queen, so no action is needed regarding that.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Let other player know that alien speech is just a translation of English, then tell them that they are allowed to call the dropship “dropship” or “metal bird” at their discretion.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Tell them I will handle it, then PM the Command player telling them that with Expected Contact, the marines know that something is on the colony, but they are not sure what exactly, then give a note and warning regarding the issue.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    If aliens were in the hallway and the marine had no other choice, I would consider this an appropriate RP reason and take no further action. If other escape pods were easily available I would note the player and give him a warning for the future.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    If the player did this in LOOC I would PM him to calm down and apply a note and warning should he refuse. Should it happen in Dchat I would likely ignore it provided he isn’t spamming and largely do the same as with LOOC.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Tell the player that it sucks, as it happens to everyone, but going SSD does not give your body OOC protection as in some other servers and then take no further action.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would not contact them directly and instead ask the Mod Manager to handle the situation.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would take no part in their argument and instead ask the Mod Manager or a Senior Staff to clear up the argument.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I would like to become a moderator because I want to ensure a fair environment for all players. I really enjoy helping newer players, and feel this would help me in accomplishing that.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    I think good communication skills are the most important quality for a moderator, as you will commonly be speaking to players who are irritated or outright hostile, and will sometimes be guiding newer players with learning the game.

Anything else you
    I appreciate you for taking the time to read my application.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for applying Furbnus ya answers are decent enough looking at ya playtime for last month it's pretty good ya have only one note as well so no problem with ya note history but the problem here is have not really seen ya in game but I believe that's chalked up to ya probably playing around different times compared to me so with that I don't have any real issues in giving ya a +1 good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The answers are pretty decent. I dont remember any interactions with you in game but I dont see any reason you dont get a run at trial.

+1
    Few Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Furbnus. Thank you for applying.

i have checked your playtime and you're clocking 200+ per month and i dont see any issues in your answers and you have a clean note list too. This is a +1 for me.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with everything that's said by the other staff. Good luck! +1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, i've seen you ingame and seems you're a cool lad. Notes are clean, so i see no problem in giving you a 1+

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good to me and I've seen you plenty.
    +1

(Gotta get that SEA heheh)
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything looks ok for me to accept this, please check your forum DMs for further details.
    Welcome to the team
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids