User Tag List

Thread: mynameajeff - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mynameajeff - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    mynameajeff
    Character Name?
    Mogu Stump
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    Corporate Liaison
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Medizan
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent?
    Remaining Duration
    Forever
    What other servers do you play on?
    Fulpstation, Goonstation.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    /tg/station, yogstation.
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    No.
    Reason for Ban
    As the CL. Proceeded to try and get researchers to create a exploited max cap that they knew was a bug at the time. They additionally attempted soft self-antagging. Rude to staff at the end of the sit.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    It was April 1st and apart of April 1st is that we were moved to an older version of the codebase. I don't know how this was self-antagging, there seems to be a misconception about this. I was going to ask the researchers to make a signaller-primed grenade so we could use it on the xenomorph threat because we have expected contact now, I went up to the researcher and they just ignored me so I threw money at them and they started pushing me, trying to get me out of research I think? Then they just used the biocontainment flamethrower on me and killed me with no escalation. I admin-helped it talking about how they just killed me for no reason when I was asking for them to make grenades (I don't think we had chemical research implemented on that version of the code so there was nothing else for them to do), and then I got a response about how I was getting punished for it.

Now I'm actually really regretful about this part because it was a definite lapse in my judgement and just an uncool thing to do at the time to go ahead and berate the admin who was dealing with my ticket but I got really disgruntled as I was rather stressed at the time. I went on a long tirade about them and how they decided to punish me for something I essentially didn't even get to carry out. I think they definitely misunderstood what I was trying to do but me insulting them definitely did not help the situation in any manner. I sincerely apologize to you Medizan and I'm sorry that I couldn't explain it better than I did on April 1st.

I didn't see my actions as jobbannable at the time, I still don't but I definitely think that my actions were abhorrent to directly insult a member of the staff who work to keep the game running in an acceptable state without people who go about randomly killing others and the like. It was wrong to berate you in any fashion, especially in a professional environment like a staff ticket.

That being said, I hope you take these following screenshots into consideration given my apology and find it in your hearts to forgive me for the actions on that day. It's very clear that there isn't an inherent hatred for me by staff members and that at the time, I was clouded by rage.

//attachmen...6&d=1589085943

//attachmen...7&d=1589086023

//attachmen...8&d=1589086044

//attachmen...8&d=1589086044

//attachmen...9&d=1589086074

My tirade:

//attachmen...0&d=1589086117

//attachmen...1&d=1589086137

//attachmen...2&d=1589086153

//attachmen...3&d=1589086213

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to reverse MY DECISION, but it still has to go through admin review.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Assigned to Admin Review.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just adding my two cents since I am the mod that jbanned you (and yes I am still around).

You were a CL who was, at the time, heavily intoxicated. You got in a physical altercation with researchers because you wanted to create a max-cap exploit bomb that you admitted you knew was a bit of a bug if anything. You stated that you wanted to use this as a remote-bomb on the main DS as a "insurance policy" without additional reasoning. You also were, if my memory serves me correctly, the researchers denied you and prevented you from taking research materials which is when you started the altercation with them. Note that this was VERY early in the round as well.

Based on the fact that your reasons were dubious to begin with and that you were attacking crew-members / inciting crew members, rude to staff, and generally attempting to abuse the position of CL - I J-banned you.

As far as I personally care though: If admins wish to show leniency I don't care in the slightest. This was a while ago.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Medi View Post
    Just adding my two cents since I am the mod that jbanned you (and yes I am still around).

You were a CL who was, at the time, heavily intoxicated. You got in a physical altercation with researchers because you wanted to create a max-cap exploit bomb that you admitted you knew was a bit of a bug if anything. You stated that you wanted to use this as a remote-bomb on the main DS as a "insurance policy" without additional reasoning. You also were, if my memory serves me correctly, the researchers denied you and prevented you from taking research materials which is when you started the altercation with them. Note that this was VERY early in the round as well.

Based on the fact that your reasons were dubious to begin with and that you were attacking crew-members / inciting crew members, rude to staff, and generally attempting to abuse the position of CL - I J-banned you.

As far as I personally care though: If admins wish to show leniency I don't care in the slightest. This was a while ago.
    It was a long time ago, but I don't recall doing anything except hugging that researcher, as I think there was only one and throwing money at them... I still don't understand why they just lit me on fire wordlessly...

At the time I thought it acceptable because "It's april fools", but that obviously does not excuse my actions in the slightest, especially how Corporate Liaison is supposed to be a role centering around roleplay, first and foremost.

Are there still logs from this round that can be posted?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Logs aren't collected for Ban appeals. only staff reports.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resolved - Denied due to lack of playtime.

Get some playtime on the server before you appeal again.