User Tag List

Thread: High Toss is no longer useless. (Changelog 7/4/20)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High Toss is no longer useless. (Changelog 7/4/20)

Marines rejoice! Now we can (relatively) safely chuck grenades more than 4 tiles with High Toss. Just think of all the beautiful things we can do now. A Golden Era for Marines.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still useless. Nades don't kill on their own, if you don't follow them up by PBing stunned benos, then the nade is wasted. Unless you are Grenade Spec, of course.
    What you gain from throwing that shit over a vending machine, where you don't even have direct line of fire for Pulse Rifle?
    "Cooldown" you need to wait to perform that throw is long enough for any marine to run up to the range of the high-throwed nade, so you won't do that either.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Still useless. Nades don't kill on their own, if you don't follow them up by PBing stunned benos, then the nade is wasted. Unless you are Grenade Spec, of course.
    What you gain from throwing that shit over a vending machine, where you don't even have direct line of fire for Pulse Rifle?
    "Cooldown" you need to wait to perform that throw is long enough for any marine to run up to the range of the high-throwed nade, so you won't do that either.
    Disagree. Even if it helps reduce FF just a little, I'll take it lol. At best, it may help marine pushes now and then
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's definitely cool, but I'm pretty sure high toss is interrupted if you get pushed, not to mention the wind up time. And do you REALLY want to be the guy who tried to chuck a custom M15 over everyone's heads, then got pushed and exploded, wiping half of the FOB? Even the stock M40s can really fuck up marines.

Eh. A properly made M15 can definitely kill T1s. Probably even T2s if they're close to the centre of the explosion. Even incendiary M40s can be pretty good if you know what to put in them (Granted, you won't really get kills with one, but tossing it into a bunch of not ravagers can still fuck them up enough to scare them off or get a kill)
    Viktor Kovalevsky
    Martin Dark

02.10.20 - mentor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    High toss is good with Flares too, especially if you want to do cheeky stuff with CAS flares
    Supposedly I'm a "senior mentor"

Community mentor 10/5/2019 - present

Spoiler Spoiler:

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am Donald J. Trump and I hate TheDonkified also known as Lother "Low Energy" Jones.