Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LynuahSororitas - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    LynuahSororitas

Player Name You Use Most?
    Elzbieta Brygida | Audrey Morrison

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    I did, 3 hours long, Improper Escalation.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    Regular execution procedures.
    Regular execution procedures should be carried out on criminals under MP custody with permission of the present CO and/or the CMP and XO onboard the ship as stated by the Marine Law, such criminals may have committed Capital Crimes with the ''Execution'' punishment listed or if their brig time surpasses the time of 1 hour.

The difference between regular execution procedures and Battlefield Execution and situations where it should be performed.
    Differing from the regular execution, the Battlefield Execution, due such responsability, is a right granted only for Commanding Officers that may decide if it is necessary or not for the well being of the operation. The BE instantly removes a character and player from the round and needs to be used wisely, in such cases:

- Situations far from Military Police Enforcement and unable to be dealt with through Marine Law such as the own battlefield
    - Cases of Griefing
    - Immediate Response to IC threats that fulfill the criteria for Battlefield Execution including Threat to Command, Operation well being and other situations.
    - Response to malicious intent of ursuping the legitimate command structure established on the vessel
    They may not be under custody or arrested as well.

How do I view its use.
    BE is on many times, the only way to deal with rogue marines and griefers that are severely affecting the round and the player's experience around them in a badly manner, that way, being a tool that may be used when necessary if the situation is favourable to it, but also not overused.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    Elzbieta always ensure the vessel/operation is working well, checking all departments before the briefing time, from helping Requisitions if understaffed to loading the Orbital Strike herself if the situation asks for it, besides helping the POs, Medbay, marines in need of something and so on.

She believes for that a ship to work well, Command needs to have good bounds with their subordinates and comradeship alongside proper autonomy for the departments, prefering to handle out department crisis through diplomacy that tends to work in most of cases and listening to both sides of the story before the use of brute force through the Military Police.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    Besides ensuring the operation is working well and keeping the order in the Almayer, the role/job of Commanding Officer holds multiple purposes, from tactical, support, information and RP. And first of all, make the round a good experience for the marine side.

You are the one which majority of the Platoon looks after, you have the power to boost your marines morale in the field, pulling out flanks and helping with JTAC, healing marines with your medical skills and even help with Intel.

From the CIC and Almayer, you can relay information and enemy positions, load the OB, man Req, help with hauling objects and bodies out of the dropships, and, roleplaying.

As a CO, most of times, you are the main tool Event Mantainers and Staff members have to make events, as you are the leader of the marine force. Having the role of Captain doesnt only mean you have to be effective in combat and support but also be able to go along with events, crisis and roleplay situations that will happen from time to time.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    I believe a lot of other whitelisted COs already suggested this already and I will do the same.

A proper Overwatch Console to the CO and XO, as they frequently have to check the squad's situation and so on, having to disturb your LTs and stop their tasks to see a camera or something else is annoying and disruptive.

If you could be able to check squad status from your tablet or the CIC bubble, it would be way easier to manage certain situations.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    Since last time I applied, I focused on improving myself and my behaviour as Command roles, managing to improve and overcome past mistakes I have commited, that way being able to provide good rounds to the community. I do believe I learned everything I could in my countless hours playing as XO.

Being a CO, I seek to have more freedom to try out new strategies, provide good experiences and of course, keep improving overall.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes
    Last edited by LynuahSororitas; 07-08-2020 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Proper story link.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't access the story document, recommend editing it while you can

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Commanding Officer Council Member Pahndoomack's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welp, you've come a long way since your first app.

Your answers are good, and I can personally vouch for your competence at the roles which most would require you to be good at.

I believe your willingness to improve, by stealing all of the XO rolls for 2 weeks, is good example of your dedication to the role.

Remember that while being the gamerest of COs can be fun at times, sometimes going back to the normal meta is fine too, especially with all the steamrolls lately from ungaball strats. Also, sometimes it'll feel like EVERYTHING went awful, and normally COs take the blame, as the direct representation of bad luck among COs, I can attest to how you'll be hated even if you did everything as best as you could.

+1 from me, be nice, be happy, have fun.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good player whom I've seen around a lot. Solid and reliable with an app that reflects that.

+1

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very easy +1, LynuahSororitas has always been a lot of fun to have as an XO, they know how to work with basically any captain's style, and I saw them play so much as XO that it actually became hilarious to see them as XO almost every round.

They asked tons of questions and gave good answers, got lots of feedback, and they very clearly care about making the game more fun by focusing on what works and ignoring what doesn't work at the moment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God please let other people roll XO. +1
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Whitelisted Synthetic CallunaBorealis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm only +1ing this under the promise of a banquet by spending all the Requisition budget.

But seriously though, even though I don't have a CO WL, as a marine or civilian IC, I've seen Lyunah play as XO many times in the past month and are quite decisive. I also like how you are committed to self-improvement and aim to provide a good experience to everyone.

I enjoy their announcements too, as it gives a marine or civ into a glimpse into their deadpan sense of humour.

Best of luck!

+1

Edit:

I'm keeping the +1 here mostly because I think you have the potential to change for the better and also I still admire your determination and grit to grind for the CO role. But I feel I must add some constructive feedback after receiving new information after your application. Not that it really matters because I'm not WL as a CO.

Getting the CO WL and losing it is more punitive than not getting the CO WL. Especially if you keep acting in a way that antagonise other people in the community and cause trouble for players and waste the time of staff. Then you will be at a greater risk from losing the CO WL you would've worked so hard to get. Also, you will also be sharing a space with other WL COs. It's important to play nice with other people, even if you don't agree with them.

Other players have given you really good advice on how to improve and I strongly suggest you do not interpret them as personal attacks on your character, and improve your reactions to others when you don't get a good response from other people. Otherwise, whitelisted or not, you are not going to have a good time, and they are not going to have a good time. Then you won't be able to achieve your goals of improving the player experience for the players.

Good luck and peace out!
    Last edited by CallunaBorealis; 07-10-2020 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Add footnote based on later posts
    Shore leave approved for all my characters, enjoying the beaches of New Hawaii until further notice.

Plays as Heather Tanigawa (Intel and everything else), Erica Picotte (Medical) and Angela Ochoa (Engineering) in the USCM.

Aissa the Synthetic, a former waitress for a Cuban-themed restaurant franchise.

CB-** the Beno.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put insane amount of effort in earning this whitelist, they grinded XO for over a month and even listened to all my complaints and requests such as constant SD and playing CMP.

If someone deserves it Lynuah does, we have accepted people who literally never played command before.

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've definitely racked up a huge amount of XO experience since the last time you applied and I can say, along with a lot of others here, that you've improved significantly. It's good to see that you've taken feedback seriously and have made yourself well known in the CIC field by playing XO a huge number of times over the past month or so.

That being said, there's a final hurdle to jump before I can put up a vote. That's right, it's questions time.
    --

1. Briefly describe a round where you lost as an XO. What led up to the loss, and do you think the actions or inactions of Command staff, including yourself, contributed to the loss?

2. During evacuation, the transport PO prematurely launches the dropship before most of the Marines could board. Approximately 50% of the remaining Marine force is left planetside and promptly gets killed off. The remainder of the Marines and the SLs call for action to be taken against the PO. What do you do? Do you think a BE would be appropriate in this scenario?
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump