User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: State of Engineers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

State of Engineers.

Share your thoughts and send related picture.

List of problems or complains:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Other related pictures:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Cory Paulson; 07-08-2020 at 11:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recognize your efforts and the problem with current state of field engineering, me as a XO, RO and Bravo SL main which always strive to get a fuckton of mats down and build a trustable FOB covering all flanks feel the FOB is current useless in most of cases as the majority of ROs are unable to properly supply the LZ and fuck, imagine the front, making engineers dry and unable to defend all the fucking flanks that can breached in 2 seconds by a Crusher, or have one whole cade layer that had to be build for 10 minutes destroyed by a boiler cloud.

If we are even properly supplied, the mats only gets way more expensive on Req, being able to reach the state of 5000, yes, 5000 which is 1/4 of the Req budget for 5 metal cades, majority of engineers will instead waste them on useless places and not defend vital places that way, xenos just go the other way around and that is the main reason of marines losses, not all the nerfs on them or xeno buffs, but the crippled field engineering that cant do nothing to hold off 2 Boilers just clicking on a cade layer one time and 1 crusher just sitting there in the cloud, ramming everything.

Devs made and encouraged CO's and CIC to just make deathball strategies such as sending all squads to the front and only leaving engineers, as the only working tactic is attacking with everything you have or losing as there is nothing to do back in the LZ.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You didnt even mention all the cool shit that got removed/ required skill.

Electrified grids, hacking that took effort, building computers. Repairing the wires and lighting. Hardwiring the SMES.

Things like windows blocking gas.. etc. etc.

Engineering and medicine (doctoring) have both suffered as a result of trying to make the server run better. Atmos and electrical wiring got cut for the same reason that infections, necrosis, and shrapnel were cut. It helped the lag but made the game far more boring.

Both need to have some of their systems added back in to be worth it. Or just tweaked.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Engineering in general needs some work at it's core. Cade gameplay is by far the least fun part of the game for both xenos and marines that wanna do something more than spam into the darkness.

Right now marines have tools that make certain xenos completely useless during sieges (flamers negating most melee castes, wire murdering lower health ones) while xenos have things that make marine effort irrelevant (trappers being insane unless they don't have cover, crushers busting down walls). A lot of interactions don't make sense either, stuff like cabinets, consoles are indestructible and powerful until a crusher shows up, then they're suddenly worthless. Electrified doors also fall into this category, countered by acid castes and crusher, impenetrable to the rest.

The whole thing needs a lot of work and redesigning but I can't really say how this should be changed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LynuahSororitas View Post
    Devs made and encouraged CO's and CIC to just make deathball strategies such as sending all squads to the front and only leaving engineers, as the only working tactic is attacking with everything you have or losing as there is nothing to do back in the LZ.
    This can be prevented by making dedicated forward base areas on maps that allow skirmishing and back and forth tug of war. LV hydro, Trijent engine room, Ice bar, to some extent BR bar allow for this kind of gameplay. Meanwhile, prison, soro and corsat don't have areas like this, on top of other issues. It means you can either charge, turtle on LZ or stand in place and die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, using 10 sheets of plasteel/metal has been really a problem nowadays, like, FOB's looks horribles, most of the engineers run out materials really fast, req run out of money, almayer engineer have to send their own materials down, and if xenos take the main LZ, thats it, we're fucked due to having no metal/plasteel for last stand defense, has been happening almost every round, the only way we can counter this is by suicide charge, but.. that sucks since, if it fails, xenos will push, and we don't have a 'checkpoint' to retreat due to lack of materials, example of checkpoints on maps, LV we have hydro, Big Red we have bar or front of the podlocks caded, etc.. now ? you're lucky if you even have your own FOB + flanks cades with one single line.

(sorry for my bad english, english isn't my main language so.. if i made any grammar mistake, sorry about it.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's kinda reason why I quit playing as engie. If you try to fix shit, you die. You don't fix shit, you die. You build, you die. Basicly only thing that happens to you is dying or being in pain. Tho at this state you can counter shit by covering your actions with smoke nades, but come on. Marines never do taht.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Engineering in general needs some work at it's core. Cade gameplay is by far the least fun part of the game for both xenos and marines that wanna do something more than spam into the darkness.

Right now marines have tools that make certain xenos completely useless during sieges (flamers negating most melee castes, wire murdering lower health ones) while xenos have things that make marine effort irrelevant (trappers being insane unless they don't have cover, crushers busting down walls). A lot of interactions don't make sense either, stuff like cabinets, consoles are indestructible and powerful until a crusher shows up, then they're suddenly worthless. Electrified doors also fall into this category, countered by acid castes and crusher, impenetrable to the rest.

The whole thing needs a lot of work and redesigning but I can't really say how this should be changed.
    They need to add more things into the game that engineers can DO.

Like we already have portable generators in the game, just give the ability to power more things. Electrified barriers, spotlights, anti gas forcefields, ammunition generators, material "miners", portable SMES units, rechargers (for sg batteries and defibbs). Hell I bet half this stuff is already laying around in the game.. just needs to be "re added".

Revert the costs for basic barriers, raise the cost to upgrade the second tier and buff second tier. Brute barriers are now immune to brute (and must be acid melted), acid barriers are now immune to acid (and must be slashed). Change the Explosive resistant version to explosion proof one that prevents explosions/shrapnel from flying back into the barrier (so marines could shoot grenades directly next to the wall and not take damage).

Make the Tcomms tower take power to run and maintain. So there is a reason to either have a portable generator grid up, or maintain the existing power grids.

Convert shipside engineering into a department similar to REQ but handling all deployable/power equipment.

There are tons of options.
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The worst thing is, when marines are actually winning against, let me see, 10-15 aliens, yet they managed to hijack and die shipside because the FOB was totally open and the Queen just went for the console. Maps like CORSAT are impossible to defend, and when I say impossible, it is impossible, Devs killed real ''FOB''s or just Outposts such as BR and Ice Bar, Trijent Dam Engine Room, LV Hydro still constant but a shadow of it's former self, just some barricades covering the windows at best, xenos can just flank the road that rarely haves enough defenses. If you have a proper FOB you are lucky, if you have a FOB and outpost, both are shit, you either focus in one or another in the hope it will hold after Req wastes the entire budget, scraps the Almayer and steals engineering for metal.

Having mats price increased in exchange for a pretty small buff on them just doesnt compensate when 5 crushers can just melt all the walls in 10 seconds or 2 Boilers denying 2 lines of cades and defensive equipment just by sitting behind a wall and clicking a skill button hidden behind the entire Hive.

Metarush and murderball always happens due this and wont stop until engineers have a reason to be in the game again other than NPC searching for every bit of resource and repairing power.
    Last edited by LynuahSororitas; 07-10-2020 at 08:25 PM.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Engineer just doesnt hit the same as it used to, I cant really use the points the way I want to because just to get 5 extra un barbed metal cades i have to spend 25/45 of my points on metal,and just to finish off my plasteel stack 14/45 totaling to 39/45, 6 points left, which is just 1 extra metal cade, or an HIDP grenade. All problems mentioned really make engineer not as fun as it used to be