Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XvXvXvX

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XvXvXvX

I would love to hear your feedback for the four way XvX round we did today!
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    best yiren round 10/10
    actually it was good, but was lagging a bit

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not enough respawns = too much dchat salt
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it was good but holy shit CORSAT is laggy so it wasn't as cool as it could have been

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please never again. XVX is boring. Like, you spend most of your time either doing dumb things, or trying to figure out how to play as Xeno. You die quickly, and most of all, this is really boring.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, probably one of my favorite events on the server. I was the first gamma queen for reference. Alliances were the best part, watching different hives focus on different enemies. My only criticism that collecting hosts felt somewhat useless. Gamma had 41 pooled larva. If dead xenos could be revived as pooled larva, it would be more fun in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my only complaint is that there wasn't enough respawns so Dchat was salty

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one thing I can say for sure is that admeme trying to run any ebent should do everything so that everyone can do something from the start. Like Thunderdome fun, or such.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the Queens was a pickle.
    Funniest shit I've ever seen.

I enjoyed it immensely from a spectator perspective. I agree that more people should have been given spawn access. If you make this into an official game mode, just remove the Xeno spawn limit and have it balance like it does for XvH
    Last edited by Driker; 07-09-2020 at 01:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest problem here is that about 80% of the playerbase that played that event weren't good with xenos, because they usually play marine. However this isn't TOTALLY bad, since one of the castes, the Runner, is incredibly easy to use in XvX and is also a very strong soldier since the pounce is actually really strong against other xenos... Though this does mean that people will get salty because they don't know how to play higher tiers properly.

If this game mode became more standard, it could allow people to get used to it.

Actual issues:
    - Depending on the pop, xenos start with very few xenos. On high-med pop, this leaves 60% of the playerbase as observers when they actually want to play from the start.

- The shades used for the xenos can be similar to other hives. Such as Blue xenos looking like Green Xenos. And the issue that people who are colorblind literally cannot distinguish between colors. A solution would be to use HUD icons to tell people which xenos are allies and which are not.

- A 'diplomacy' function to easily establish who is allied, allow respective Queens to disable or enable the ability to hurt those 'friendly' xenos of the other hives. Basically: The queen can use the Psychic Message ability to message another Queen and send them an 'Alliance Request', either in person or by looking through the eyes of another xeno near the other Queen, which prompts a pop-up that the other queen can accept or deny. Allied xenos get their own 'friendly' icon, to tell the difference.

- The start-up is slow since the queens need to build their hive cores and spawn pools before anything happens. This COULD be shortened by making it so the Queens can build their first Hive Core for FREE and instantly, to quickly establish their hive zones.

We should do this more often!