User Tag List

Thread: Lore wise shouldn't we all be battered, bruised, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lore wise shouldn't we all be battered, bruised, etc.

Like, i recently asked an admin about whether or not i could have a sort of mental breakdown type thing where i would do anything for some oxycodone, unsuprisingly he said no. I was alright with this and played the round (Seriously though dont hate on admins thats like wiggity wack). But i wonder, shouldnt our little marines have stuff wrong with them. Its not like they received support during cryo and i refuse to believe that this is our spessmens first time. Idk maybe im wrong but it could let more Rp. (obviously dont go and gun down everyone cuz your minds all messed up, i want more believable characters, like idk quirks like i want with me oxycodone, yknow)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could, indeed, give more RP to the server, but some people will just abuse this and do shenanigans and will use this as an excuse. The server is becoming TDM anyways, don't worry about it.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gib tram

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a couple of psychological issues people can face with trauma.
    But to keep things easy and simple lets go with the following;

Instant Trauma: Caused from sudden harm both emotionally or physically, often results in an psychological response ie; running away, hiding, fear and complete breakdown.
    This can also result in "good" affects too, such as lack of fear, lack of common sense and delusion to the events transpiring.

Long term-trauma: Caused from events, situations, experiences and physical harm done to someone. Generally comes from after the events and leads to long-term health affects.
    Examples of these can basically turn someone completely crazy, xenophobic or a personality change.

So the problem with the playerbase is that they often want to instantly divert to "I saw aliens, i'm now a psychopath and crazy!" and shove this down other players throats as RP.
    When in truth, the average soldier isn't going to go ham-fisted crazy on the spot due to aliens or anything sudden trauma.

The most logical response to a sudden alien attacking people and bursting out of their chest is fear and the consequences of "instant trauma". The average person wouldn't suffer a psychological break-down in the span of a single operation, but rather would simply run away from fear or deny the reality of the situation going on.

It's important to understand that a lot of military people are desensitized and train to be so and don't suffer instant psychological breakdowns. Rather many veterans suffer PTSD over-time once they're out of the military and reflect on the past.

Speaking in terms of CM and rules... It would be fucking crazy to allow for "Emotionally unstable Marines", this is a slippery slope to let shitty RPers justify not following orders, not working as a team or causing grief.
    Most importantly, the Military would never allow psychopaths into their ranks without some form of medical clearance prior to cryoing.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    Most importantly, the Military would never allow psychopaths into their ranks without some form of medical clearance prior to cryoing.
    All clear and dandy, but the mere mention of "McNamara" should debunk this idea. In that case, they maybe were not psychopaths, but complete morons. However, when faced with question of "Which one to choose to give a gun and let fight for humanity" I would pick psychopaths above morons.

Conscription in USCM is all-time high, confirmed threat of fricking ever-expanding xenomorphs that swallow world after world, sudded dissapearance of several ships like Sulaco, cold war with UPP, CLF uprising, the higher ups are most likely even aware of Predators etc.
    All of that forces the Military to conscript preschoolers at this point.

I don't see how certain low-level quirks would be not allowed. Your marine might be RP addicted to grape souto, he might belive that sensor tower on Trijent sends a signal to cancer cells in marine's brains, he might belive that there exist cult of Caine to which he prays and labels his gun. Not to the point of ERPing in maintenance for Oxy, not to the point of refusing to deploy with first drop etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Devs would have to randomly distribute allowance for quirks or else every marine is going to rp their ocd need to collect human skulls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why bother mins' with asking permission to roleplay? just do it and don't grief, everyone already does anything for CL's booze

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean my Rp stuff is normally outlandish and stuff like one round i turned a man into a nugget after promising gun arms as a medic. I asked permission from the admins because i dont want to be banned yknow, and opioids is a bit different than beer so i wanted permission. I ahelped to ask if i could hold up the medical area and have them at gun point begging for oxycodone (youve seen a scene like this in every medical drama) think Dr.House as a soldier and without a prescription.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The problem is, when you asked to do that, You asked at roundstart which i remember correctly. A marine wouldn't wake up insane and going to walk to doctors asking : "gib oxy".

You can find more reference on the rules page on the Marine Guidelines.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly because we cant have nice things.

1000 people would shoot the mp/co/req immediately because of "trauma".

Same reason we cant do EORG.

Its a slippery slope to "Well i THOUGHT the round was over!".
    Felix the Synth: hat fanatic, nice robot, one time double agent almayer synth executed for sedition. Occasional murderous mopbot.