User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Somenerd - Commander Application

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!

I'll definitely run some more hours on XO and CMP soon, just been busy in the past week or so and wanted a little break.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your application's answers are high effort and above the average. I recall you as a XO and CMP, however I have not seen you recently. Perhaps it is different timezones.

Story fulfills the necessary requirements. It shows to me how you intend to play your character as the Commanding Officer of the USS Almayer.

I recommend you grind XO, CMP and SL during this application process so more COs and community members can attest to your experience.

I have two questions before I decide on my vote.

1. A marine heads up the Briefing platform, breaks the windoor and steals the megaphone. You head up to them and perform a Battlefield Execution. Would this be a valid Battlefield Execution? Explain how you would react to this situation.

2. You are giving out orders in Briefing and the Charlie SL straight insults you and disagrees with your orders. The SL ignores your orders in deployment and refuses to listen to you. How would you deal with this?
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Axyinious View Post
    Your application's answers are high effort and above the average. I recall you as a XO and CMP, however I have not seen you recently. Perhaps it is different timezones.

Story fulfills the necessary requirements. It shows to me how you intend to play your character as the Commanding Officer of the USS Almayer.

I recommend you grind XO, CMP and SL during this application process so more COs and community members can attest to your experience.

I have two questions before I decide on my vote.

1. A marine heads up the Briefing platform, breaks the windoor and steals the megaphone. You head up to them and perform a Battlefield Execution. Would this be a valid Battlefield Execution? Explain how you would react to this situation.

2. You are giving out orders in Briefing and the Charlie SL straight insults you and disagrees with your orders. The SL ignores your orders in deployment and refuses to listen to you. How would you deal with this?
    I find that I'm often without a CO most of the time, but I am GMT 0 with a very variable schedule + I took a brief hiatus unfortunately.
    Will try and be more active again now that the app's up!

As for the questions!

1. I don't consider it a valid BE myself. It's DTGP, Theft and Disorderly Conduct at worst for disrupting the briefing. I'd order the marine to give the megaphone back and if they refuse, get the MP's to take the megaphone off of the marine and/or arrest them for Disorderly Conduct. I'd also probably remind them that we wouldn't be deploying until a proper briefing had been facilitated.

2. The Squad Leader is engaging in actions that undermine and usurp my command and has both the willingness and position/role to take command of a group of marines away from myself. I would Battlefield Execute this marine, announce the execution of said marine and the reasons as to why and find an appropriate acting Squad Leader to replace them.
    Last edited by Somenerd; 07-12-2020 at 11:31 AM. Reason: forgot the "and"

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your app's great, you've garnered a lot of good community feedback and you've answered questions pretty well.

Personally, I don't recall seeing you as my XO -- but I'm sure it's just timezones. You've got quite a few vouching for your ability.

I don't know what else to say other than you've done well so far. So, that being said,

+1 from me! Hope to see you as a Captain soon.
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea sure +1

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, your answers are decent, I remember seeing you playing SL, SO, MP, CMP and XO and your app seems ok in general. +1
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good answers from the CO's questions.

+1, hope you won't fuck up on your first OP as CO

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good answers. Just remember that if a roundstart SL is ignoring your orders in deployment, it might be an OOC issue that will require staff intervention. SLs are OOCly bound to follow your orders in deployment.

I will leave a POSITIVE vote. You have responded nicely to CO's questions and I have seen you as XO and CMP too so I do not doubt your ML knowledge and command experience.

Just remember that a lot more will be demanded from you when you are a CO. You have a much higher responsibility as your words and actions can change a flow of a round. Good luck.
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Commanding Officer Council Member Pahndoomack's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Held off on my reply until I had experienced them as an XO first hand, so here it is after having the pleasure of CO'ing an XO round of theirs.

Answers to the form are correct, as stated by others.

Actual performance is definitely noteworthy, they did a fine job leading an operation with only occasional input by me. They tried interesting things, and were very open to advice. Their overall attitude in game and OOC is very pleasant, and they worked well under pressure without showing any signs of losing their composure. I'd say they set themselves a great standard, one which I hope all XOs meet before being whitelisted.

Definite +1 from me, I hope to see you around among our ranks soon.
    Alberto 'Topper' Staffer
    Sam 'Snake' Creed
    Jack Houser
    Synthetic Jacobs

Discord Pahndoomak#7127

Frankly, stuff.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen you before a few time, Sufficiently Trust worthy +1