Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Gramcracker - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    A Gramcracker

Player Name You Use Most?
    Vincent Winchester

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    There might have been a Captain whitelist application in the last year, but I can't for the life of me find it

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    No.
    N/A

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    The tool of a Battlefield execution would only be used as the strictest of punishments. Circumstances would include 3 plus FF deaths (1 FF death would be a detainment, of course) or Grand Sabotage. A battlefield execution differs because it is abrupt, due to the marine's sabotage to the entire operation

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    Vincent takes a slightly more laid back approach when dealing with problems aboard his ship. An insubordinate would likely get a warning (Unless it is severe), and probably have an MP standing by to monitor the crew member

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The job of a Commander is to run their ship and make sure that everything during the operation runs smoothly. Most of all, the Commander is to lead the Marines to victory against any threats

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    A more instant way of getting messages to all the departments he must control would be beneficial to the Commanding Officer

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I personally think that I could offer unique rounds and a good leader to the team, as well as a slight bit of humor to improve marine morale

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Vincent joined the Corps at 18, like most marines, and operated as a standard marine for about 4 years. Slowly, he moved through the ranks, reaching the rank of Staff Sergeant at the age of 24. Following an incredibly successful operation, where Gunnery Sergeant Vincent lead the charge after the Master Sergeant was killed, he was promoted to the rank of Sergeant Major, and sent on a few more operations, before he became a First Lieutenant at the age of 28. He was given command of a small platoon, and was deployed on multiple combat missions. After the fact, he was given the rank of Captain at the age of 30, and given a ship. He and his crew were sent to investigate a planetoid that was near LV-426, (Where the Aliens film took place). His ground team was ambushed by the xenomorphs, and the troops were wiped out nearly to the last man. Vincent was forced to give the order to evacuate the planet, but not before the xenos had boarded the dropship. Someone called up the ship, filled with xenos, and the ship landed on the pad. Aliens spilled out like a tidal wave of flesh and slaughtered the shipside crew. Vincent activated the self destruct, and ran to an escape pod. The pod drifted in space for 5 years before a UNSC frigate picked him up. He spent a year traveling to the nearest UNSC outpost, and another year in therapy to treat his general insanity caused by the horrific ordeal that was his first mission as a Captain. At the age of 37, Vincent's mental state was considered stable enough to lead, and he was given command of the Almayer.

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    App is low effort. I had you as my XO recently and you did good but I think you need more experience before you apply. My advice is withdrawing and playing a lot of XO/SL in the 30 day cooldown so people get to know you.

You're on the path to being a good CO, you just need more time. -1
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generic has a good point low effort App the story could use more overall length a friendly word of advise id withdraw and reapply with more effort but i have not even heard of your name before now id suggest playing XO a few weeks before you apply or reapply even if it is on and off. id also suggest to look at other Apps if you need a better look on how a good application would look like if you need any tips or advise on CO applications and how to improve it over all let me know on discord Jonathongun#0219 and to withdraw leave a comment on here stating you want to withdraw
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just withdraw this.

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's start with the application itself. A lot of stuff is worrying.

The tool of a Battlefield execution would only be used as the strictest of punishments. Circumstances would include 3 plus FF deaths (1 FF death would be a detainment, of course) or Grand Sabotage.
    Friendly fire alone is not grounds for a BE. They might be incompetent and trigger happy, yes, but if they didn't intend to actually shoot their colleagues then that wouldn't be considered grounds for a BE. Only if they DID intend to shoot them then a BE can be considered -- but you have to look at the circumstances as well.

Vincent takes a slightly more laid back approach when dealing with problems aboard his ship. An insubordinate would likely get a warning (Unless it is severe), and probably have an MP standing by to monitor the crew member
    What if the MPs themselves are insubordinate? How would you deal with each department specifically? This answer is lacking and doesn't describe any specific scenarios regarding insubordinate requisitions, engineering, MPs, and command, as stated in the question.

Your answers to the questions "What do you think is the job of a Commander?" and "What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?" are also very short. Read other applications (find them in the Accepted and Denied section of this app list) then see what you can learn.

Lastly, story.
    he was promoted to the rank of Sergeant Major, and sent on a few more operations, before he became a First Lieutenant at the age of 28.
    After the fact, he was given the rank of Captain at the age of 30, and given a ship.
    Sergeant Majors don't get promoted to officers unless they really, really want to. And even then, they would have to undergo a training course first before getting a commission. Your story just implies he got promoted, which isn't how the military does ranks at all. Officers and Enlisted are two different career tracks.

Also bear in mind that the "Captain" the whitelist refers to is the Navy rank of Captain, equivalent to a Colonel. You're basically saying you advanced from O-2 to O-6 within 2 years, which is unrealistic if not outright impossible. And not to mention you said "UNSC" instead of "USCM" in the story.

--
    And now onto practical experience.

I've personally never had you as my XO, and one of my fellow Councillors has only seen you once in the position. If you want to have an actual shot, please, play more XO, SO, and SL (in order of priority) and make yourself known in command. So far, from our own judgement, you're not ready for the position yet.

--
    You don't have enough known command experience, your story's flawed, and your answers leave much to be desired.
    I'm sorry, but these all stack to a -1 from me. Try again next month if you want to take our feedback.

If you'd like to have another go you can ask for feedback in #whitelist-app-help in the Discord server to get help from other people, including whitelisted COs, and the Council.
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BE answer ain't the best. I understand the sentiment but a marine ffing other marines is not a valid be reason. Also grand sabotage is not a thing in the marine law.

I recognize your ic name, but I've never ever seen you play command roles. I suggest you withdraw this and reapply in 2 months.

Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naut, Rem and Generic have voiced my concerns with this.

I have seen you only once as XO so I have not seen much of you. Perhaps it is different timezones but others have said the same so it looks to me that you don't have enough command experience.

The Battlefield Execution answer is not correct. Friendly Fire alone would not warrant a Battlefield Execution, as you have to check the facts behind it so the Battlefield Execution circumnstances are met. There was no specific explanation on how does a Battlefield Execution differ from a Regular Execution and how both are done per procedure.

No specific answer on how you would deal with all department's insubordination.

Story ain't the best. There is no dialogue and there is no way for a soldier to get to a commisioned officer rank with no commision and in some short years.

You got good feedback from this application, so collect them and mount up a better application next time. For now, it will be a NEGATIVE vote. I suggest you grind XO, SL, SO and MP from now on.
    I play as Viktor 'Beer' Kleiner, Matthaus and as Var'dqi Bo'ytill

LT COL. VIKTOR KLEINER, USS LOWË'S COMMANDING OFFICER

PROVISIONAL COMMAND OVER THE USS ALMAYER

Ex-CO Councillor. If you have any questions regarding the whitelist, feel free to DM me.
    Discord is Axyinious#3635

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with others, you got good advice and should withdraw so you can reapply sooner.

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've gotten some good critiques and advice here. Keep them in mind for when you next apply.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resolved, denied. You may reapply a month from this message.

Keep in mind the criticisms here and work to improve from there.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler: