User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CM needs a higher lobby timer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CM needs a higher lobby timer.

Basically, the title, I think we have around 2 to 3 minutes at best to be ready until the round starts which isnt optimal at all and a lot of players are unable to join roundstart, that way, being unable to have a chance to get the role they wish for. BYOND haves a 30 seconds delay before joining a server if you do not have their signature (Nobody does lol), the server lags a lot and it takes centuries for the game to load once you rejoin, it wouldnt be a problem if auto-rejoin worked properly in this server.

TL;DR If you want to edit your character before playing a new round, you arent able to do so and you are always in a rush to rejoin the server and click in the buggy Ready button as soon as the game fully loads, which takes time. There is also people that isnt in the game and see the new round notification on Discord and wishes to join to play roundstart but cant as time is always running low by the time they manage to enter.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can edit your character as much as you want if you are dead and ghosted. Just a tip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that detail but eh, it was removed for a time some time ago, still, if you want to make a pre-round change, you need to be pretty quick.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Timer should be set around 5-10minutes, gives enough people to get the warning on Discord to log on and join.
    Additionally allows people to take a quick break, grab food and use the washroom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 minute seems a great compromise.
    3 minute is short indeed, but we dont want to wait too long eighter, like 10 minute would be pretty long
    Last edited by BurningMetal; 07-10-2020 at 06:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, CM rounds can be long but majority are being short recently and delaying the game more than it is already delayed, equipment grabbing, briefing and et cetera, wouldnt be cool. But duplicate the time to 6 minutes or 5 minutes could help a lot and make more players join the game and not just quit because they dont want to play Squad Marine.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always have to leave and reconnect, and I can almost always ready up with the job I want. Sometimes, if it takes longer to load, then I can't ready up, which is sad, but the majority of people are ready by the time the game starts, from what I've seen. You can also reconnect manually, that is faster than disconnecting and opening CM again, which I have started to do, and it works rather well. Making people wait so long would just be painful.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes please

Whitelisted Synthetic CallunaBorealis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Choosing different characters with different role preferences can get really laggy and non-responsive especially after reconnecting. Especially how clicking "Setup Character" can lead to a blank window with its content only being interactive after 20 - 30 seconds. A higher lobby timer will allow users more time to get ready.
    Shore leave approved for all my characters, enjoying the beaches of New Hawaii until further notice.

Plays as Heather Tanigawa (Intel and everything else), Erica Picotte (Medical) and Angela Ochoa (Engineering) in the USCM.

Aissa the Synthetic, a former waitress for a Cuban-themed restaurant franchise.

CB-** the Beno.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An increase would be a welcome change.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler: