User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New xenomorph Idea Palatine

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This would be great with pre-ovi system queen, because then you'll have more chance of being near the front line, and not just AFKing at hive near the ovi. Queen back then would've needed the help too, since she didn't have all the crazy combat abilities.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This doesn't have to be near the queen with that sweet charging stun thing. I could troll marines easy without a queen near me to buff me. Being near the queen would just make me a murder machine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Heavily armored like ravager"

Okay, good. Looks like you didn't go to CM classes.

Anyway I could agree with that but only if the said buffes works ONLY when the Queen is in ovi AND in range.

This would promote ovi queens and actually make some real defense before finishing a game. (Or until ays delay).

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolth View Post
    "Heavily armored like ravager"

Okay, good. Looks like you didn't go to CM classes.

Anyway I could agree with that but only if the said buffes works ONLY when the Queen is in ovi AND in range.

This would promote ovi queens and actually make some real defense before finishing a game. (Or until ays delay).
    Ya I actually like that better. Only buff when queen is in ovi and in range. Range would have to be pretty good size like 30 tiles though otherwise queen would just deovi if marines are 10 tiles away. They would have to be pretty nasty too to make it a good last stand for the xenos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This idea sounds pretty cool but I think the abilities need to be reworked for balance.

Also I cannot begin to express how crushed I am that I misread this as a Palpatine xeno and it is not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vispainius View Post

Also. I completely disagree with MattAtlas. A queen should not die if they miss a screech. I'm sorry but that's retarded considering how long it takes queens to get strong and how important they are to the hive.
    Screech is easily one of the, if not the best ability in the game - if the Queen chooses to wade into combat then there SHOULD be risks.

However, with a weaker combat queen, I can get behind this idea very easily.
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unlimited powaaa
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly I like the idea if queen gets reworked. My concerns are if this were added it would boost the queen's offensive and defensive capabilities pretty hard as now she has an entire caste fully dedicated to be near her. If these were added with no change to queen, you'd have an Elder Queen with 2-3 Elder Palatines just mauling at marines every screech. The queen would need to be weakened in someway to compensate for these personal defenders who at face value seem very scary when with queenie.

My concern is for low pop rounds if queen is too weak and doesn't have enough players to be her palatine guard or conversely in high pop rounds if queen isn't changed and is VERY powerful with her new array of guards.

Regardless if balanced I like the idea of Queenie Honor Guards. Kinda gives marines a more oh shit moment if you start seeing them on the battle hinting at an incoming queen. Would they be more akin to glass cannons that hit hard but hurt easy or are they more bullet sponges?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, I don't know what I was thinking about the ravager, although when you examine one, it does say it is armored I believe. I thought they were the middle ground for armor. is there a place to go to for PRESISE stats on all the xenos? the wiki isn't very descriptive somtimes

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doitallornot View Post
    Yea, I don't know what I was thinking about the ravager, although when you examine one, it does say it is armored I believe. I thought they were the middle ground for armor. is there a place to go to for PRESISE stats on all the xenos? the wiki isn't very descriptive somtimes
    code leak was the only way but they have changed everything since then so it doesn't matter. They don't share precise stats we just learn stuff by doing. I know ravs have low armor cause they die really easily (despite what marines might say).