User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Staff Report - Jerkface00

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerkface00 spawns and modifies weaponry.

Spoiler Spoiler:

<Xeno and Marine Contact at this point>

Jerkface00 and Doctor Compy discuss the lore and set up for the event.

Spoiler Spoiler:

<Xeno and Marine combat - OB is called.>

Jerkface00 spawns carps. Ahelps put in by Chainsaw at this point.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Jerkface00 spawns in various Xenos

Spoiler Spoiler:

OOC after Event

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was Bravo SL and I got the magenta HPR from the dropship as it was left there on the floor. I replaced my M41 with it and went down. I had no idea how strong this thing was until I mowed a ravager down with a few shots and made a crusher retreat after it activated what I suppose was a shield. We were given no information whether these rifles were for public use or not and we never saw any of these landsharks so I went and used it on the xenos. That was my experience during this event.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was pyro spec this round and honest to god I had no clue there was even an event going on since all we got was one vague annoucement. From my POV marines stomped xenos and I was in underground lake fighting a warrior when out of nowhere an AI "landshark" comes and fucks me up, marines push into lake and then like 20 xenos are spawned, and then die immediately because of cooldown.
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. So there are a few things with this.

The first is the protocols that were broken. 1) Do not abuse your power.
    I do not believe that this was an abuse of power. This was not an attempt to steam roll marines just for the sake of it or anything like that. He was not using these high powered weapons himself to get the thrill of 5 shotting crusher. He did not create masses of this weapon, giving one to every marine. Only three of them according to the logs. This was just an event that went south very quickly. This ties into the second protocol. 2) Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server. Jerk attempted to do this. He wound up trying to salvage it all by spawning in hostile Xenos. He was not inattentive during the time. There are only 7 minutes of either inactivity on Jerks part, or missing logs. I couldnt tell you which it is. But either way 7 minutes is reasonable and excusable. He was still setting up the event both prior to this 7 minutes and after. I suppose the problem with that is that now adays the marines and xenos start fighting too fast to set up an event where you take your time.

That said. One of my pet peeves is creating the super strong stuff in the first place and secondly not giving proper guidance to those who received it. Just a simple copy pasted "Dont use this on the xenos" to the folks who picked up the guns would have stopped this event from going south. And given Jerkface more time to prepare.
    The spawning of "OP" Xenos and weapons is sort of a trend that was happening with staff events a lot just a little while ago, and that has drastically reduced in frequency but I suppose it is a good time to reiterate with staff that they need to be a bit more aware of just how powerful what seem like minor edits can be.

Jerkface will be spoken to about giving more guidance to his event characters.

Resolved.