User Tag List

Thread: What is MOBA?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is MOBA?

Nothing much here, I'm just returning after a loooong break and seeing some stuff about a "MOBA" update. Can someone explain or direct me to an explanation of what exactly has changed?

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MOBA Xenos is an overhaul update to the vast majority of xenomorph castes and classes. A whole lot of features, statistics etc. Were tweaked, modified, added or removed. You don't really have to read through billon miles lf changelog text, you can just check the wiki to get an idea what has changed.

I don't play xeno a lot, I main marine, but my personally favourite feature is the streamlining of special ability macros. If you have a discord account I warmly recommend hopping on there, someone much more knowledgeable will gladly help you out.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bad

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multip...e_battle_arena

The idea is to turn the game more so into xeno players have to use more skill over the old days of pressing I WIN BUTANS.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It named MOBA aliens because MOBAs like LoL and DOTA2 have it that the hero character has up to four action buttons to use more or less, and the new MOBA aliens were to be streamlined to have 2-4 abilities to be able to activate. In other words you are playing your alien like it a MOBA hero thus the equivalence.

Who popularized it? Devs, they might have thought it was a clever tie in or something. For players? It just the Xeno Rework sometimes or Xeno Overhaul, but since we had the mutator attempt and various rework of abilities this rework needed a name and thus MOBA Aliens was used.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multip...e_battle_arena

The idea is to turn the game more so into xeno players have to use more skill over the old days of pressing I WIN BUTANS.
    Summed it up more or less.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    MOBA Xenos is an overhaul update to the vast majority of xenomorph castes and classes. A whole lot of features, statistics etc. Were tweaked, modified, added or removed. You don't really have to read through billon miles lf changelog text, you can just check the wiki to get an idea what has changed.
    Be careful about this and only rely on stuff like ability and strain descriptions. A lot of the general tactics &c. text is outdated -- still discusses maturity, says that Boilers have Acid Spray, still talks about OLD Boiler with corrosive acid + neuro bombard, still describes Crusher charge as it was pre-MOBA, &c.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MOBA is bad, I liked the old days where you could sit behind corners, pop out, click, return to corner. Have a pleasant conversation with your enemy, maybe a cup of tea, and just keep clicking until someone died. MOBA has macros and stuff.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler: