User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: were it so easy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

were it so easy

Let me preface by saying I know less than 1% of the community gives a shit about ANY of the posts in this section of the forum, and much less about my own post. I'm aware. But there's a lot of people in CM who I'm friends with, and I don't want to shadow walk out of the community without making the traditional pseudodrama post in the funny cryosleep section.

I will keep it simple since I don't want to write an essay and plan out a gigapost about this shit.

1. I'm unhappy with the state of the gameplay. I don't think anything else needs to be said. The chimera of supposedly-MRP and TDM gameplay just doesn't blend well. I'm convinced that if CM went full Bay or full CorpMerc it'd do better. This mix is unhealthy and trying to excel in two opposite extremes means you excel at none.

2. I'm unhappy with the latency I get to the game, which results in me enjoying the gameplay even less. There's nothing that can be done about this. It feels insanely frustrating to fail to slash or PB when I KNOW that I hit their sprite since I see the stupid clickdrag sprite pop up. It drives me insane and it prevents me from getting better and improving myself in the game. I'd recently started mastering double-shotgunning but the amount of fumbles I had due to the funny latency making my click void and me ending up having punched the xeno instead due to queuing up a holster is nuts. The actual, real and non-latency based server lag doesn't help either.

3. I'm unhappy with the community and (((recent events))). Mind you, by community I don't really mean any individual person in it.

4. I'm unhappy with the effects that the game has on my own personality. Stepping back and playing other games recently has made me realize just how much I fucking despise playing CM, how much it frustrates me and the very stark and noticeable difference it has on me and my interactions with other people. I'm not gonna lie, some of the most fun I've had in the CM community recently was just...shitposting with the boys in the Discord, or shitting on the stupid Discord filter bot, or answering MHelps, and I realize that none of these things are actually playing the game. There are maybe 10 enjoyable minutes of CM gameplay (PBing xenos or slashing marines) in any given 120 minute round for me.

tl;dr I'm having less fun in the game, I don't like the community and I realize the only reason I've been sticking around this long are my metafriends.

This isn't a goodbye forever nor is it a see you next week kinda thing. I'll be back once things change, or maybe once I change. But all in all I had a good time this past year since I joined and I made a lot of good acquaintances and friends, but the list of people I despise in this community is maybe 3 or 4 names long, none of which are reading this post, I can assure you.

My discord is Destrok#0019, in case anyone wants to add me.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    F

*Salute
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goodbye, Destrok. We barely speak but you were great during your time here, helped a lot. Here's to hoping you get pulled back into the endless addiction that is SS13.
    Joe Dafoe, PFC/hobby Huntard hunter.
    Xenomorph FOE, disgusting runner/warrior main.
    Yautja hunter Nall'kro, clanless heathen.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Later bruh

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is in fact very sad.