User Tag List

Thread: Vispainius - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vispainius - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Vispain
    Character Name?
    Cassius 'Santa' Klaus
    What is your discord tag? (If appealing Discord ban)
    Vispain - #5858
    Type of Ban?
    Discord Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    N/A
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Forest2001
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent (Upgraded from 3-Day)
    Remaining Duration
    Permanent
    What other servers do you play on?
    N/A
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    None
    Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
    No
    Is your copy of Windows legitimate?
    Yes
    Do you connect using a VPN? If so, which provider?
    N/A
    Reason for Ban
    I was banned for "Staff Harassment" for 3 Days.

After Forest's review, I was given an additional time of Permanent ban.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    This is the first appeal for the Permanent Ban.

My last was for a 3-Day Ban. Appealing the 3-Day Ban got me a Permanent Ban on the Discord.
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    I was caught up in the shitposting and general discussion. I believe somewhere I had also mentioned, "INB4" in the conversation (possibly before my statement). This was apart of my general taking of the conversation as a mix of shitposting and general discussion on the topic. I later found out later post-fact an announcement was made to cease the "Staff Harassment". I was unaware this announcement was made. I was not checking Announcements and was periodically leaving and returning to the conversation in discord. Additionally, I never heard the ping as my sound had been off. I actually only learned about the fact an announcement had even occurred at all on the issue by talking to the discord moderator Compy who stated that a Announcement had been made in the Announcement Channel (or some official variant, whatever that name may be). To my knowledge, no warning was given in the actual channel where the discussion was taking place which I saw. One may have been given later - post-fact - but I am unaware if such occurred. Personally, I did not see PSA in the channel to cease talking about the issue.

Regardless of what happened or how it was taken as, my intention was not to directly or indirectly harass staff. I do apologize deeply for that and officially retract any negative statements relating to this issue I may or may not have said about staff in seriousness or jest.

My original Discord ban was for 3-Days. After it was "reviewed" (it was already decided stay by Nanu even before Forest2001), it was upgraded to a permanent discord ban. I was unaware and am actually quite surprised and shocked that a "Appeal" can result in post-fact increase of the ban time.

In my opinion, this ban seems overly punitive even for a post-ban adjustment increase in time. I'm asking for a decrease from Permanent in some form or fashion.

At the same time however (seeing how my last appeal resulted in more time) I am wary and worried that doing so is simply going to result in a punitive community-ban. I only mention this for the record.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Per our guidelines permanent bans cannot be appealed for at least 180 days
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids