Bath Salts Addict - Predator Application

Predator Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Bath Salts Addict

Marine Name
    Ali Amir

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Garahje Hult'ah

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Of course.

Yautja Character Story
    The first rays of unfiltered sunlight in two weeks caused Garahje Hult�ah to squint and look away as the heavy dome of tempered glass. At this gesture - however small - murmurs of discontent and skepticism arose in the gathered group of his fellow clanmates. His father's people. This wasn't a new experience for the Yautja youth, condemned as he was to constantly live under his father's shadow. His elders and just about the whole of the clan would constantly air their doubts and their concerns to one another, and here now in heavy cloaks of anonymity they openly questioned his abilities. Did they really think so little of him to assume he wouldn't notice the way the elders looked at him?

The very thought gave way to a familiar, tightening feeling rising in Garahje's chest but he knew to keep his anger quelled. He was about to prove their doubts wrong, after all.

"Begin!" barked the order from the grizzled Yautja - the only one aside from Garahje not clad in a heavy brown cloak and just about the oldest one in the clan that the youth knew. On the elder's order, the whole of the clan began to shuffle loosely about in the circle marked in the dust. Their's was a tradition for as long as the clan could remember.

The Guan Hult'ah never had the benefit of numbers, technological prowess, wealth, or the political skills of the other more esteemed clans. If any Yautja even had an inkling of who they were, it wouldn't be a stretch to call them something of an oddity. Whereas others placed emphasis on fearless conduct and even brute-forcing their way through a Hunt and relying on their direct combat skills, the Guan Hult'ah instead made it a point to teach their youth the values of patience and perseverance. Their forefathers, they opined, had both intelligence and cunning in spades much more than they had physical strength. To them, a healthy amount of fear in the face of danger was wisdom beyond compare.

It was Garahje's current undertaking that reflected and emphasized this focus. For two weeks the clan sealed him, like all other youth his age, in a heavy dome of one-sided glass. He could look out but the clan could not see in... Although that didn't stop him from catching their sideways glances at the dome from time to time. The elder had given Garahje his Mark, a member of the clan chosen at random, to watch and observe as they went about their daily business. The clanmate chosen to be the target for this time-consuming exercise was the local smith: a large, bulky male Yautja who's posture had since been permanently hunched from long days working the forge he dedicated to Kehrite. This was a man who had been friends with Garahje's father, so the youth was confident he knew him well.

The goal for the youth was to put his many days and sleepless nights of constant observation in order pick out his Mark amongst the crowd of moving clansmen. Garahje clicked his mandibles together and focused.

"The greatest hunters," the elder had advised Garahje. "Know their quarry better than it knows themselves."

His late father had been hailed by many of the clan as their greatest leader. For over two hundred years he had lead and provided for the clan, keeping its territory safe from land disputes and excursions and leading successful Hunt after successful Hunt time and time again. When he died, his only son was look upon as his heir. However, due to the youth's brashful nature and even outright defiance in many of the clan's values, there were doubts as to whether or not Garahje could carry the torch that his father had set down.

On the surface, Garahje merely nodded and did his best to avoid exacerbating their skepticism. What he didn't tell them was that his ambitions extended far beyond inheriting his father's title. In truth, his starry-eyed dreams desired to make a name for himself. One that could be respected, revered and even feared by allies and enemies alike. Garahje didn't just have the blood of a revered hero flowing through his veins, he knew he was destined for greatness!

"That one!" Garahje declared confidently, pointing across the small clearing to a cloaked figure that caught his eye. The final stage of the Trial had only been ongoing for a scant few moments, and the sudden declaration from the Yautja youth had caused hushed and hurried murmurs to rise from the gathered, cloaked figures. With a single raised hand of the elder, however, these whispers were quickly silenced.

"Lift your cloaks," came the grizzled, even tone of the elder. At once, the assembled Yautja revealed their identities and Garahje's mandibles flared and his eyes spread wide.

He had chosen wrong.

He had not, in fact, chosen the blacksmith. Looking around, the large Yautja merely gave a small shake of his head in response to Garahje's look. It was plainly obvious to everyone else in the clan that the one Garahje had chosen - a good bit shorter than the craftsman and thinner to boot - was even the worst possible guess. So assured of himself as he was, the aspiring hunter had failed to properly analyze his prey.

How could he have chosen incorrectly? A variety of emotions and questions flowed their way through Garahje at that moment, but the one he chose to ultimately settle on was rage.

Of course! The Yautja he had mistakenly chosen was Dhoaj. He and his family had always been envious of Garahje's father's praise. Dhoaj's cloak must have been passed, or he was standing on his toes! In some way, shape, or form, the insolent whelp had set about sabotaging his Trial and his rightfully-earned destiny!

Gesturing vividly, Garahje was speechless as he made wild motions at Dhoaj, attempting to make the others see what was so plainly obvious to him. When it became clear that the rest of the clan - elder included - had simply continued to look at him with disappointment and regret, and when he looked back to Dhoaj he could swear he saw the other youth's mandibles clicking together in quiet, mocking laughter.

The mere sight of it made Garahje see red. He was being mocked! Him! By such an insignificant excuse for a Yautja of all things. Mandibles flared, the youth took a threatening step toward Dhoaj but the withering glare from the elder beside him put him off from the comforting thought of violent revenge. Still...

With an indignant roar of seething hatred, Garahje spun around and slammed his balled up fist into the thick glass dome that he had just been temporarily living in prior. The material, while it cracked and splintered under his mighty blow, did not give and merely rewarded the recalcitrant youth with a sprained wrist and a bloody fist. Bright green blood marked the location of his blow and the sight of it served to cool his temper, albeit only somewhat.

A heavy sigh caused Garahje's head to snap towards the elder next to him, who - along with the rest of the clan - had just bore witness to this immature outburst from who was supposed to become their calm and collected leader.

"Another two weeks..." came the exhausted voice of the elder. "And we will test him again."

As two adult Yautja stepped forward to lift the heavy dome of hardened, one-sided glass, Garahje hung his head low as he prepared once more for another two weeks of isolation.

How do you intend to play your predator?
    I intend to play my Predator in a style befitting what I feel are his best character traits. He is ambitious, and intelligent, but foul-tempered, egotistical and even just a touch cowardly. He has dreams far above and beyond his station, and is utterly convinced of his own destiny. This means that while he would still do what any Predator would do as dictated by the Code of Honor, such as eliminating Predaliens, Bad Bloods and recovering ill-gotten equipment at all costs, he would be reluctant to put himself on the line to do anything beyond a typical honor-bound Yautja would be expected to do. To that end, he'd shy away from taking on entire hives single handedly, chasing worthy prey into territory that is tactically disadvantageous to him, or commit to one-sided fights against his favor. There is a fine line between being an honorable hunter and a suicidal maniac, after all.

Being raised in a tribe that emphasizes intelligence gathering and observation more so than just brute-forcing one's way through life, Garahje would much prefer to take the patient route when hunting worthy prey. Rather than engage said prey and their immediate allies, he'd rather hang around in the darkness waiting for a moment of vulnerability away from any potential interferences, or lure them away from others who could become a threat. Likewise, coming from a tribe of relative anonymity in the greater sphere of Yatuja society, and a poor one at that, much of the more complex hunting equipment is unfamiliar to Garahje. As such, even when dealing with unworthy prey, he'd be much more comfortable relying on spears, combi-sticks, traps, glaives and wrist-blades and avoid using plasma casters and smart-discs unless absolutely necessary.

In regards to fellow Yautja, Garahje is an honor-bound hunter through and through. While he might come off as snarky or brash, he comes from relative isolation in comparison to greater Yautja society, and interactions with those outside of his clan prior to his hunts were scant but welcome. His ambitions lie far beyond the typical clan loyalties, but would require him to be well-versed in the traditions, practices and personalities of each Yautja clan. So while he might have a few witticisms and possibly even ruffle a few feathers on account of his personality, Garahje would ultimately do his best to respect each individual Yautja's traditions and beliefs. Unless they were a Bad Blood, of course. In that case, killing them is just practice.

In regards to Xenos, Garahje is on a mission to rise in Yautja society. To him, the whole hunting thing is just a stepping stone to hone his skills, earn a name for himself and rise in status. Being the ambitious, cocky, and impatient youth that he is, this of course means gunning for the biggest, baddest and deadliest of Xenos to propel his status as fast as possible. While he wouldn't be so cocksure to risk incurring an entire hive's rage by going for the Queen, deadly xenos such as certain tier threes and aged tier twos that can hold their own in a fight against a Predator. Everything else, if they dared to disturb his Hunt, he would have no qualms with neutralizing.

In regards to humans, particularly Marines, Garahje in his callousness sees them as something barely even worth considering. No Yautja has ever achieved a name for himself by hunting dirty Oomans, after all. Not really considering humanity's inherent intelligence or cunning, it would take a particularly exemplary specimen to catch his eye. His inherent curiosity, however, would make them an amusing diversion to observe and even toy with, though. Despite his underestimation of humanity as a whole, however, Garahje is easily thrown into a rage by a great many things. Insults leveled towards him by a dirty Ooman of all things or even something so simple as daring to take lightly an "esteemed warrior" such as himself is enough to make him see red. If there is one thing his clan prides itself on, is how long their memories can last. And their grudges. A Predator never forgets a face.

Why should we whitelist you?
    I�ve always been more attracted to the RP-centric roles than anything that explicitly involves fighting and robusting. While the role of a Predator involves a lot of the latter as well, it remains first and foremost an RP role. Like the Corporate Liaison, it�s primary allure for me lies within the ability of a Predator player to offer up unique interactions that you won�t get on a round-to-round basis and affect individual players� experiences rather than mindlessly contribute towards a round�s end result that Marine and Xeno play typically offers. In a game where playing your assigned role and being a cog in the machine earns victory, Predators stand out as lone wolves with no real end goal aside from making things spicy.

That ability to affect an individual players� round for the better is what attracts me to the role. I�d like to provide interesting interactions to the people who can appreciate it, while at the same time giving people a good fight if that�s what they really want. My mechanical robusting skills aren�t as good as I like to tout my writing ability and roleplay to be, but I like to say I�m fairly competent. Likewise, the opportunity to be a corporeal observer to an individuals� successes and failures - the ebb and flow of a round�s contested result between the two sides - is an interest I�ve gleaned from the occasional planetside photographer round as CL. I enjoy the ability to be present in the round while also being detached from everything that�s going on around me.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason?
    I have not.

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why?
    I am currently permabanned and have been for some years from Paradise for killing a friendly wizard as the Research Director

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes
    Last edited by Bath Salts Addict; 01-22-2019 at 04:41 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    minus one

ok more seriously ill give a more in depth review of this later

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've obviously put effort into this App , I think a lot of questions people may have had were answered with some of your in-depth answers.

I can also speak confidently from experience with you ICly that you're a good RPer, I've no doubts that you'll do well as a fellow Yautja.

+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The story was interesting and tied into your playstyle - both are really good.

I can attest to your roleplaying ability from both Aurora and CM, I'm sure you'll do well. +1
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally, you made a predator application. Ali Amir has been around in the community for quite a while; also the application is well done. +1

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How to say no? +1 Great Moderator Great Player.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edgardo View Post
    How to say no? +1 Great Moderator Great Player.
    What the Albino said
    +1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great player and a good staff member who's been around for a good amount of time, +1 from me.
    hello im dondale

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The story was focused on a unique aspect of his clan, while concisely describing how his personality would be displayed. His intended playstyle again, fits with the story and I'm sure he can pull it off. When he isn't being an over the top trap, he can roleplay very well.

Good player, world's okayest mod.

+1 from me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well wrote out application with a lot of effort clearly put into it as well as being a good player in the community.

+1.