Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

special2kira - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    special1kira

Player Name You Use Most?
    Mei May(Kim-Jong Mei Tongji)

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    none
    //showthrea...er-Application
    was previously withdrawn due to that the app was too short and I could've wrote better.
    Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    none lol

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    How do I view BE? Personally, a BE has always been seen as a tool to remove someone from the round. But to answer the question of when do I believe we should use a BE and how I view it to be used; The most notable thing about a BE is:
    BE is not a toy, it is not just removing a player from a round, it is removing them from the USCM Role they have been assigned.
    BE should be used sparingly. It should be used to remove troublesome individuals who pose a credible threat to the operation. Especially if they cannot be arrested(IE a marine with access to the cockpit and the ship flight console who is about to launch a shuttle and there is no Taser available or any stun tools.)

BE is and always should be that, Battlefield Execution. You are executing a marine for a crime they have done if that crime cannot be forgiven.
    BE is similar to our current firing squad in that it involves a gun and a person being shot at, but the real difference is that a CO only does this if they literally couldn’t do anything else. If they couldn’t arrest the individual or the individual may not be able to be arrested for execution(But can still be BE’D without much consequence), a BE is a swift and clean way to do it.
    I cannot BE someone just because I had no MP or anyone else to help me deal with them.
    I will, however, BE if the situation calls for it, while it isn’t always clear on what the situation is(As it would be too specific to write on until I have the first-hand experience on a time where BE is needed)
    A lot of the time BE is almost unnecessary as marines will deal with griefers and any nuisance alike on their own without need for any admin intervention or any BE.

Example Situation
    Exhibit A) Some mad lad with a gun is threatening to shoot up the briefing(or cic), but no MPs can respond. You may be able to rush him down with a baton and BE him, so taking out a mateba and using it to BE him would be viable. Using it takes out individuals who may disrupt the operation or rounds and cannot be taken out with another method or when no other methods are available(refer to answer 2)
    Exhibit B) you have an individual who similarly cannot be arrested in time or dealt with by a less lethal method, but you can BE them, thus dealing with them. An example would be a Pilot who refuses to take off during an Evac and there is “literally no alternative” in dealing with them.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate Req, Engineering, MP, or Command Staff
    Mei would run her ship just like most standard XO/CO would. Sometimes she would do her briefing in CIC if she does not have time to make a plan or simply cannot be bothered to walk down 1 flight of stairs, it happens to the best of us.
    Dealing with mp and marines law in general
    It’s very unlikely for you to have a problem with the CMP, it usually means you are getting arrested(This action is authorized by HC and should not be resisted).
    In a situation of handling Insubordinate MPs. Should it be that they are disobeying my order, I will not pardon an MP who could have otherwise. Compromise our operation. If an MP makes a false arrest. I may ask that the MP in question be given a psychological evaluation to ensure that they are fit for the duty. Should they repeatedly cause problems, HC will be made aware of the situation(If they’ve done anything rules breaking it would be administered otherwise) Before I may demote the MP to a regular ship crew. Or have them arrested and removed from their rank per usual as I do not tolerate rogue MPs due to my time playing as CMP. I have experience dealing with people and I do believe that I can deal with any insubordination through ML (if the Marines law can cover it.) Now for not necessarily dealing with the MP but enforcing the marines law. NJP will be given to marines who break windows. Such NJP is: Performing Sit up, Running around the Ship for 2 laps,
    Regarding Requisition
    I have on many occasions as the Executive Officer came across a scenario where our cargo technician is new or is simply lacking knowledge with the current CM system. I do not blame them otherwise for not being able to do their duty. However, if the Requisition is intentionally disrupting the operation by intentionally sending the wrong materials, is unable to provide accordingly to the marines' needs, spent their budget on something that is not needed or otherwise being a general nuisance, they may be called for an arrest. Their punishment varies depending on how much of the OP has been compromised by it. If it was done intentionally to spite me I will let the high command know about it and have them arrested for disrespecting a superior. There are times where we also do not have a Requisition Officer available, In these times depending on if I am leading the operation or if my XO is ,one of us will have to perform the Requisition Duty To avoid any conflict with the marines.
    For dealing with engineering
    While I could get the OT/CE arrested for unauthorized modification to a certain part of the ship or loading a different Warhead to what I asked for. When we were to use an orbital bombardment. I generally will avoid punishing OT and CE unless they’ve done something awful. (Why would you want to arrest OT. they can win you the round and it doesn’t involve any RNG) an OT can bring us a whole lot of victory if the marines can use their product correctly. An OT can provide powerful grenades, c4, claymore, mortar shells, powerful custom rockets. Sometimes, We do need to send an OT or CE down to help with the FOB In the case where we do not have any engineering capable personal (No SO or SL or engineer and mini engineer or synth) Should such situation come they may only deny if they have something else to do that cannot be ignored (Which they usually don’t)
    Dealing with medical
    Medical is one of the least likely departments to be insubordinate as their entire existence revolves around keeping the crews healthy, should a CMO become insubordinate and perform certain action otherwise against ML or did something threatening to the operation, Medical Staff should be handled according to ML. However, if we have no conscripted medical unit available ground side (which also includes whether we have any Synths available) we may deploy them down to relieve the situation off of the lack of medic, However if a doctor were to deploy without anyone permission they must immediately return to the ship, An exception to this may include:
    1) A Doctor poisoning staff unintentionally or intentionally.
    2) A doctor accidentally blew up a hole in the medical bay.
    3) Researcher accidentally blowing up a hole in the medical bay.
    4) Researcher breeding xenomorph without authorization and causing a containment breach.
    Researcher breeding a xenomorph without authorization and using it against the crew.
    CL Breeding a xenomorph without authorization.
    anyone else not listed above breeding a xenomorph without authorization or Researcher Supervision.

Dealing with CL and survivors
    Corporate liaison and Survivors are pretty much the same in that they both are part of WY one way or the other. Survivors on the other hand should always be handled by SO, XO, MP, CMP. A CO should not be handling them unless they have nothing better to do, or if the survivor is attempting to kill the CO they may BE them ignoring any other option as the survivor is indeed directly posing a threat to the operation by attempting to kill the Captain.

Dealing with rogue SO and XO or PO

On some occasions, I have believed that the SO or XO or PO may pose a credible threat to the operation or is disrupting it in some way., Now I have firsthand experience on this, so I am not going to escalate the situation by Having MP arrest the SO for just messing around, this is not necessarily a BE situation either as the SO is not doing anything to harm me or another individual. But if that were to change MPs should be present on the scene to arrest them, of course, that is subject to change.

Should XO For whatever reason become insubordinate and critically cripple the operation (IE leading a push or evac against my order when we could’ve won by doing the opposite) I may arrest them or have someone else do it.

Dealing with mutineer
    While Most mutiny has a legitimate cause, Some are illegal and illegitimate as they are causing actual physical round disruption, Another thing Is mutiny can be the downfall of the marines as they are taking out the CO or ACO, While commands are not necessary to win a round. A mutiny involves a whole lot of dead people, And depending on the result, Some are more dead than others. To assets with mutiny, You must understand the root of it, Was it You, The CO or ACO at Fault here, Or was it some secret agents who are up to no good. You and your MP have some time to investigate before The mutiny Involve You being thrown down the hoover dam. Now while typically a Mutiny can be resolved peacefully, Every mutiny about to occur will be preemptively warned by admin one way or the other so that the CIC has time to deal with It, However. Even with that In mind, It Is still up to the mutineers on what they will do, They may or may not let you live if you picked the right combination of words, Or if you just had to deal with what caused the mutiny in the first place. For example
    Bravo SL called in OB that severely crippled the marines numbers, While this is at fault on the person using the OB and calling for It, There are command blamers who will jump into action and kill You, the Legitimate head of the ship. And turn You, Into a figurehead. This situation may sound familiar to some, And that’s because I am the XO in that situation that I had mentioned. While it was mostly CIC pure chaotic nature that resulted in some miscommunication, There was not much we(refer to CIC) could have done to prevent it from occurring as everyone was busy.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    A job of a commander is to be a supreme leader of the ship, and the individual who often comes up with the plan, or Review the XO plan and adjust if need be. A CO is not necessarily always the one leading the operation as sometimes they need to perform certain duties while the XO deals with the operation, however it could also be the other way around. Either way, a CO is expected to be able to deal with the situation accordingly. However, a CO could also just sometimes watch over the XO and see their performance, as they are the individual the XO will consult and ask before executing their plan. Either way, XO and CO maintain a symbiotic relationship as they are the ones leading the operation. A CO often needs to deploy as they can be more of use down on the planet (or station and potentially ship) CO is expected to be able to fight unlike the XO, as the CO has one of the best weapons available to them currently. The OT can get arrested though if their creation has caused more harm than good. Medical. It is very very unlikely I will have to do anything about them just like engineering. They are the two least likely to be blamed should an OP fail. IO, on the other hand, They are very much able to be blamed,
    They can be held accountable if an OP fails due to how the DEFCON system can be used to win a round if done correctly. This is only mentioned because a CO can directly command all of the above. Much like XO, or as the individual who teaches the XO on how to become a better commander

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    While overwatching(or while using a tactical map as CO/XO). The overwatch should be able to drop down a marker that an Sl or ASL may locate with their hud. And should be visible from the Tactical map. This marker would tell things like, Where a supply drop arrived. Where an OB/CAS is occurring, where to avoid. Where to go. And whatnot.

Furthermore. More types of Defense readiness condition’s assets would be nice. Something like.
    Special Ops instead of spec kits at Defcon 2. Another suggestion aside from that would be, Having XO being given better gears, Since while most CO would rather go planetside with their captain armor and m46c, I, however, believe a captain should command the ship and the XO command the marines, XO need better equipment to allow them a better advantage, Currently, the best thing XO could potentially get is an officer armor, however, I do not suggest any weapon for XO(due to Mk221 tactical shotgun’s existence, And it being already being the most powerful weapon aside from SADAR rocket launcher that a non-whitelisted role excluding event roles, could get) As they should make do with what they are offered from the ship, I have also found it very stressful to run the ship alone without any help whenever I am alone as XO, I would like it if there was another role to help manage with commanding.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?*
    Currently, as I have spent the majority of my rounds on CM playing XO, I do believe that being a CO would be a direct upgrade, Allowing me to perform more than I would if it were to just be an XO as a CO. Since a CO at most of the times is the highest-ranking commissioned officer. (until a Commodore arrives or anyone ranked higher) thus, I can micromanage to the extreme, And because I am the CO. I have the ability to fully commit to the round Should I have any fun Idea, I wish to try or if I received any suggestion for one, And because I have a tool to remove any round compromising individual With just a click to the head, However, BE is still a tool I will use sparingly, I have learned throughout my time that if a situation can be resolved by anything besides a BE, it should be done so. It is very unlikely I will need to ever use this tool to remove a player from the round. It may sound generic that I am writing BE off as a last resort situation. It is exactly how I see it should be used as BE is rarely necessary if you are a competent CO. Not having an MP is not a reason to BE someone you cannot deal with you should only BE if the person can kill you. (Most SO and XO keep their gun holster too, so I always will keep that in mind before taking any action) And because I had been suggested to play as CO, I had done my very best to observe my peers to understand them, To learn what makes them tick and what makes them break. Everyone has a limit after all, and as the CO, my job is to step in to help with the situation if the XO cannot handle it, And by becoming a CO i open up a slot for XO to join. This means I get to have a helping hand if I wanted to go down planetside should it appear that I do not belong shipside. Should XO join the round while I am CO, I would cooperate with them to maximize efficiency, Helping the XO out on where they need it, and having XO help me out on where I need it. No CO will know everything, every technique. So, By having a CO I can also teach who aspire to become a better commander on where to start, Seeing that quite lately we have been having new XO, And lastly. Thank you for reading my application.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    Biography
    Mei May was born in 2549 in a UPP owned Colony known as the Korat Republic. She spent her early childhood in a banana plantation as a child worker up until 2560, which is when Mei May Entered School and graduated top of her Class in Economic theory and History.
    She finished college by 2569 with a degree in Engineering and later joined the USCM engineering brigade, soon finding herself surrounded by peoples of various backgrounds, some of which we're fortunate to be able to join the USCM at all. In her first fieldwork, she found herself being pushed around a lot to perform many banal engineering works, but she didn’t complain about it too much. Despite the hardship she faced at times, she made it through and survived many dangerous encounters with enemies of the UA.
    Mei May returned to her home town in 2575 to bring back good news to her family and found it burnt down, leaving her devastated.
    May 1st, 2572. 45 hours in hell. While Mei and her squad were on a covert operation to steal secret UPP documents, Mei May's shuttle was shot down, and she lay unconscious for approximately 5 minutes. She wakes up to see herself in a puddle of blood, pouring from her face and arms. She painfully crawled through the dense jungle looking for the crew’s location, before hearing a shout in a language she did not understand quickly ducked down as a grenade was tossed into the shuttle, destroying it. Realizing the situation she is in, she rushed through the forest and ducked down into some bushes. She drew her bayonet, ready to take down whoever was going to end her life so soon but found herself succumbing to pain and blood loss, falling unconscious once more. She later found herself in a marine field hospital, apparently found by a rescue team, and briefed the base’s command staff on what happened after she was back on her feet.
    Mei wasn't quite sure yet on if she was ready again.
    Nonetheless, she took on the new mission. Deploying successfully this time on the designated landing zone.
    She quietly entered the enemy lines without any problems.
    Until she was asked for a Password.
    Mei did not know the password and Whacked the Patrolling Officer in the head with a Baton before looting his body and throwing him down the river.
    One by one. She takes down the enemies inside the base and successfully obtains the enemies' documents on their war crimes. Escaping without any further incident.
    However. on May 20th, 2574.
    Mei May has committed her first act of atrocities.
    It was that day that forever changed Mei, And forever the people around her.
    It was clear that the civilians were in fact. Providing aids to the enemy. and it was clear That we should not protect them anymore.
    During this day. it will always be remembered as the day of Great Sorrow by the UPP as they too witnessed it.
    Operation Scorched Earth. Led by Lieutenant Mei and her squadrons of approx 100 units.
    She led a massacre on the Civilian Populations and destroying livestock, Plantation, Infrastructure. Railroads. Communication lines.
    Successfully winning the war. but at what cost?
    And that day forth. Mei was never heard from again.
    Conclusion, Mei May started off being a banana farmer, After a chance to experience western democracy she embraced it. She joined the USCM, Recommended to become a commissioned officer so she had to go back into the military academy and learn how to become an enlisted officer, After which she finally ranked her way up to being a commander. And today, She is under a review for her promotion.

Additional Note
    People who were her enemies disappeared or were jailed during her silent years. Almost as if she's behind it.
    It allegedly was said that Mei May was in fact, secretly a UPP Agent. Although this cannot be confirmed. (Who know )
    You may ask me otherwise. Connor Anderson may say she is. but he is crazy. There was an attempt to kill Mei, Allegedly She confessed being brainwashed while she was on a UPP's Colony, No further information was given on the topic.
    Mei certainly wasn't willing to sacrifice everything for victory. Unless it was a victory She needed. Mei May is by no mean a great tactician. However, She nonetheless will not give up until the OP is considered FUBAR.
    If fighting is required to ensure victory. Then she will fight. While some may disagree with her "No cost too great" policy. She persisted in fighting on even if it would appear to be so hard to snatch victory from the situation they found themself in.
    Mei has in fact. Winning multiple last stands in the most desperate situation seems like a miracle worker. Mei does not give up easily unless it is certain that she cannot win a battle. In which case the OP is FUBAR. And should be abandoned.
    Mei always blames herself for the operation failure rather than anyone else. She believes that she is responsible the most for any failure and should be held accountable more so than anyone. Despite everything that has been said about Mei and despite everything that Mei has done. Mei has indeed lost some operations before. She is Afterall, A human. And humans are bound to make mistakes. Mei is willing to learn from her failures and those around her. She. wish for the best of everyone despite her willingness to let them die. As nobody should die for nothing, Famously. On one of her Op. an SO asked “XO, I do not think we can win like this. We are low on manpower and our troops’ morale are plummeting”
    “You Doubt my ability to command?” As the operation was declared victory after the last hostile had been killed. Some peoples have also asked on how did mei become a commissioned officer despite starting as an enlisted engineer, To answer that, Mei was recommended to become an officer by one of her peer, And in order to do that, She had to re-attend education to become a commissioned officer, Which took a rather long time.

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any public platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes
    Last edited by Tails of Akira; 07-19-2020 at 09:13 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Application. You seem to have a very strong understanding of CO. I like your take on the story as well. Disregarding other factors, your understanding of the role and detail shines through. But I have some questions or scenario for you before I will cast my vote.

Scenario #1: One of your subordinates rebels himself up, refusing to follow orders and make everyone's day a nightmare. He's drunk and refuses to do his job. You've decided to execute him for such behavior, but, your firing squad refuses to shoot so you decide to shoot yourself, then, your firing squad (composed by MP's and the CMP) decides to arrest you for murder. How do you proceed?

Scenario #2: After some time in the operation, lack of leadership has crippled your marines. You've decided to deploy to lead them yourself, however, no XO was around to keep the CIC manned, regardless of that, battle was calling so you deployed. Being in the FOB you spot the CMP walking towards you with intentions of arrest you for neglect of duty. What'd you do?

Scenario #3:A report came to your desk, a rescued colonist somehow kidnapped Jones and has threaten you to kill it if you don't give him money and booze. Your MP's track down the crimer and storm his hideout, sadly, the moment the MP's came in the colonist murdered Jones. The MP's have brought him to your presence. Actions?

Take time answering this questions especially it has something to do with ML. Good luck!
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 07-19-2020 at 01:40 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    Nice Application. You seem to have a very strong understanding of CO. I like your take on the story as well. Disregarding other factors, your understanding of the role and detail shines through. But I have some questions or scenarios for you before I will cast my vote.

Scenario #1: One of your subordinates rebels himself up, refusing to follow orders and make everyone's day a nightmare. He's drunk and refuses to do his job. You've decided to execute him for such behavior, but, your firing squad refuses to shoot so you decide to shoot yourself, then, your firing squad (composed by MP's and the CMP) decides to arrest you for murder. How do you proceed?

Scenario #2: After some time in the operation, lack of leadership has crippled your marines. You've decided to deploy to lead them yourself, however, no XO was around to keep the CIC manned, regardless of that, the battle was calling so you deployed. Being in the FOB you spot the CMP walking towards you with intentions of arrest you for neglect of duty. What'd you do?

Scenario #3: A report came to your desk, a rescued colonist somehow kidnapped Jones and has threatened you to kill it if you don't give him money and booze. Your MP's track down the crimer and storm his hideout, sadly, the moment the MP's came in the colonist murdered Jones. The MP's have brought him to your presence. Actions?
    1) CMP arresting me require that they have faxed, And if the HC does agree to it, I would not put up a fight, However, If they do not agree to it I would do everything in my power to get away from the CMP and make HC know about the attempted to remove a legitimate Commanding Officer from their duties without a warrant, Regarding how I as the CO would have acted During this event Would highly depend on my environment If I could in fact Runaway. I would, If the CMP or MP is doing anything that would begin to pose a threat to me I would consider using anything I may have at my disposal To physically separate me from them.

2) The CMP has absolutely no reason to arrest me for neglect of duty if I am in a field combat duty, that is quite contradicting itself, I will do my very best to let the Ship Know beforehand if I will deploy, And The very only reason I would deploy is if someone else could man the CIC, I would absolutely avoid deploying Unless Someone else can Ensure that the OB and Supply Can be consistently Sent by someone, Now the CMP is attempting to Arrest me with improper reasoning, In turn, He will get arrested for false charge and attempted removal of a legitimate commanding officer, With that in mind The marines around me Would definitely Notice the CMP imprudent Action and would Try to stop them.

3) the Colonist has committed a crime and should otherwise be treated as a criminal, His action did not threaten the operation so I will generally not need to do more than have him dealt with as Marines law require him to be, I will give him only one warning for it and If he does it again I would not have as much mercy and would punish him as maximum as possible.

If you have any more questions Feel free to ask me
    Last edited by Tails of Akira; 07-19-2020 at 02:01 PM. Reason: question was changed

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your behavior is not the best, I can say the same for your English and roleplaying ability. But since I heard English is not your primary language it's not that much of a big deal, but I want to point those things out. In the story the timeline is around 2500s, but the game takes place in 2190. Minor mistake but something you should be aware of. Now I am not really sure about what to vote here so I will ask a few questions and wait for more feedback from others, I just want to ask you to improve your roleplaying ability and to stop advertising your application.

1. A SO logs you out of the CIC console as you are making a long speech and ends up cancelling it. What do you do?

2. During the planetside evacuation the PO launched early, leaving the marines behind. What do you do if anything?

3. During the briefing one of the marines keeps disrupting your speech and then ends up successfully stealing your shoes. What do you do?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you've done alot to improve your XO game since your last app, especially in regards to communication and announcing, during my CO rounds you've done a fine job in some very sticky situations. +1 from me best of luck with your app

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ALSO have a few questions for you!

1. A CT is arrested for DASO, and wants you to appeal them. When you get to the brig, you find out that the CT was arrested for DASO because they insulted an SL. What do you do?

2. The CMO asks for the brig tray. What do you do?
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Memesky View Post
    Your behavior is not the best, I can say the same for your English and roleplaying ability. But since I heard English is not your primary language it's not that much of a big deal, but I want to point those things out. In the story the timeline is around 2500s, but the game takes place in 2190. Minor mistake but something you should be aware of. Now I am not really sure about what to vote here so I will ask a few questions and wait for more feedback from others, I just want to ask you to improve your roleplaying ability and to stop advertising your application.

1. A SO logs you out of the CIC console as you are making a long speech and ends up cancelling it. What do you do?

2. During the planetside evacuation the PO launched early, leaving the marines behind. What do you do if anything?

3. During the briefing one of the marines keeps disrupting your speech and then ends up successfully stealing your shoes. What do you do?
    Scenario 1) I would just write it again but shorter assuming I took too much time writing it, As the SO or anyone else for this matter has not broken a law by logging me out of CIC console, Also Why would I be using the CIC console If I am the captain and have a USCM tablet? Care to answer that? (I have a good reason to assume you're only asking me this because I reacted negatively to you, And since then I also Learned My reaction was very poor.) In fact, I learned That the length of my announcement Does not matter, Some people hate it If it's too long, So I would want to keep my announcement short and as concise as possible conveying my message in as few words.

Scenario 2) When It comes to me It happens in the heat of combat, Marines are sometimes bound to be left behind, As much as I would hate the PO for doing that, I Would only merely have them arrested for disobeying my orders, Situation like these are bound to happen all the time, Everyone has their own reason to disobey me, And by disobeying me They are very likely to be premeditating whatever could happen to them, Meaning that there is no punishment I can do that they or anyone else witnessing it will accept, Additionally with how it Is during an evacuation and the PO launched early, That depends on Who is left behind, Is it all the medics that were too busy dragging bodies and the PO launching early caused them to get left? Is it just some no-name Private that Would make no difference in what we will do afterward? Those are factors That I put into consideration If the PO launching Early saved more lives than it killed I would not mind. And if the PO launched Early because a line of the barricade was completely exposed and the xenomorph began pouring in, I can perfectly understand that and would not punish them for their action.

Scenario 3) Why Do I care if marines steal my shoes, It's just merely hooliganism and Theft(they're not stealing a round crucial Item) I can have them arrested and NJP it, If they want to simp for me they can have it, Even if the shoes provide more resistance against damage than If I were to not be wearing any of wearing normal shoes, I could just vend more from my own vendor, And Even If the vendors have limited numbers of shoes I can vend, The Odd that my feet will fly off during the heat of combats are very unlikely, Even If I do lose my feet, the CMO and the Synth Would certainly not mind Spending some of their resources toward Making me capable of joining the Paralympic, Also, With how the new Briefing's Podium Look like, It is very unlikely my shoes will even be stolen in the first place, Now when it comes to marines disrupting my speech, I really don't care. If they're doing something that makes the rest of marines unable to hear What I am saying I will just go on with it anyway and then after the briefing in the room, I would announce my orders If they could not hear me, If a marine is asking for attentions Then I will not give them any, Especially If it's for some stupid reason, However, They are disrupting the briefing and thus a Disorderly Conduct Charge can be applied here, They will otherwise be removed from the briefing and potentially from the round as they will be locked in for quite some time.

I understand You May not appreciate me or My action in-game, But I Do my very best to improve and adapt to the situation, I know That I am certainly not the ideal Person for Commanding Officer Whitelist, But I feel confident enough to write this Whitelist, So I am not backing down.
    Last edited by Tails of Akira; 07-20-2020 at 05:10 AM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    I ALSO have a few questions for you!

1. A CT is arrested for DASO, and wants you to appeal them. When you get to the brig, you find out that the CT was arrested for DASO because they insulted an SL. What do you do?

2. The CMO asks for the brig tray. What do you do?
    Scenario 1) I would have to firstly, Summon the SL in question to have them explain to me on why did they have the CT arrested Unless that was the MP or CMP acting out on their own Then I would ask the MP or CMP in question on why did they arrested the CT( I am aware of the reason But the DASO only really matter if the person who was insulted actually care about it) In order to appeal an offense, I would have to firstly Be aware of the full context, But considering DASO is a very minor crime and could be ignored in the grand scheme of the round, It should not be taken too seriously.

Scenario 2) It's a common practice for the CMO or the Medical Officer to ask for the brig tray as The brig surgery almost never get used, But in some situation, It does. Depending on the occurrence at hand, If the CMO is asking for a medical officer to deploy and they request for the brig tray(In the situation where there are no additional tray ground side) I would permit them it, However, This ordeal would only occur if there was no CMP or XO to handle the request, Unless it was handled by them and they left the final judgment to me, In which case I would allow them to have the Tray anyway as They would be more useful to them.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    I think you've done alot to improve your XO game since your last app, especially in regards to communication and announcing, during my CO rounds you've done a fine job in some very sticky situations. +1 from me best of luck with your app
    thank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha. Oh boy. It was about time I made a forum account, and this post has compelled me to do it right now. I'm not a whitelisted CO but I can see a few red flags in your responses, which I'll cite in order of appearance.

Enyonggg's proposed scenarios are sort of wacky, but on the third one involving a survivor executing Jones you say that you would give this person a warning and let them go. You can't do this as
    this cat has the rights of a marine, and so this person has just committed murder. You can't really just go ahead and let this go, because it's a Capital crime.

Your response to Memesky has sort of a hostile aura surrounding it. Regardless if there's beef between the both of you, what he said and what he asked does not seem to be anything inflammatory.

Quote Originally Posted by special2kira View Post
    Scenario 1) I would just write it again but shorter assuming I took too much time writing it, As the SO or anyone else for this matter has not broken a law by logging me out of CIC console, Also Why would I be using the CIC console If I am the captain and have a USCM tablet? Care to answer that? (I have a good reason to assume you're only asking me this because I reacted negatively to you, And since then I also Learned My reaction was very poor.) In fact, I learned That the length of my announcement Does not matter, Some people hate it If it's too long, So I would want to keep my announcement short and as concise as possible conveying my message in as few words.
    I'm pretty sure this could and should be counted as disorderly conduct or insubordination. the sarcastic "care to answer that?" part of the answer is really out of place and senseless, is there any reason why the CO wouldn't use the comms console? What's with the attitude?

Scenario 3) Why Do I care if marines steal my shoes, It's just merely hooliganism and Theft(they're not stealing a round crucial Item) I can have them arrested and NJP it, If they want to simp for me they can have it, Even if the shoes provide more resistance against damage than If I were to not be wearing any of wearing normal shoes, I could just vend more from my own vendor, And Even If the vendors have limited numbers of shoes I can vend, The Odd that my feet will fly off during the heat of combats are very unlikely, Even If I do lose my feet, the CMO and the Synth Would certainly not mind Spending some of their resources toward Making me capable of joining the Paralympic, Also, With how the new Briefing's Podium Look like, It is very unlikely my shoes will even be stolen in the first place, Now when it comes to marines disrupting my speech, I really don't care. If they're doing something that makes the rest of marines unable to hear What I am saying I will just go on with it anyway and then after the briefing in the room, I would announce my orders If they could not hear me, If a marine is asking for attentions Then I will not give them any, Especially If it's for some stupid reason, However, They are disrupting the briefing and thus a Disorderly Conduct Charge can be applied here, They will otherwise be removed from the briefing and potentially from the round as they will be locked in for quite some time.
    This answer is very long and says little. I mean, the whole rant about not needing shoes and not caring about having yours taken makes it seem like you'd be the kind of CO to let themselves be disrespected and play the equivalent to an SS13 clown instead of a Captain, which would kinda defeat the point of the whitelist in my opinion.

On your response to Fortelian you exhibit a certain lack of understanding of marine law:

Scenario 1) I would have to firstly, Summon the SL in question to have them explain to me on why did they have the CT arrested Unless that was the MP or CMP acting out on their own Then I would ask the MP or CMP in question on why did they arrested the CT( I am aware of the reason But the DASO only really matter if the person who was insulted actually care about it) In order to appeal an offense, I would have to firstly Be aware of the full context, But considering DASO is a very minor crime and could be ignored in the grand scheme of the round, It should not be taken too seriously.
    The arrest is not valid, as SLs are not commissioned officers. DASO in the wiki specifically states that it may be applied only if the one disrespected is a superior commissioned officer. SSGTs are NCOs. If the accused were a PFC they could be arrested for insubordination, sure, but this is a CT, who is not subordinate to any SLs.

Scenario 2) It's a common practice for the CMO or the Medical Officer to ask for the brig tray as The brig surgery almost never get used, But in some situation, It does. Depending on the occurrence at hand, If the CMO is asking for a medical officer to deploy and they request for the brig tray(In the situation where there are no additional tray ground side) I would permit them it, However, This ordeal would only occur if there was no CMP or XO to handle the request, Unless it was handled by them and they left the final judgment to me, In which case I would allow them to have the Tray anyway as They would be more useful to them.
    ML specifically states that the surgical tray must remain in the brig at all times, unless in Red or Delta alert.

As I said, I'm not a whitelisted CO (I've just recently started playing after around two years and a half of leaving SS13) but I know that it really takes no effort to give ML a little read and check out the already approved applications. Hell you could even search ML for whatever the people asking you questions are saying as you answer to at least give a good impression, hhahah.