User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Colonial Marines SS13 is currently a toxic and unrecommended experience

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why Colonial Marines SS13 is currently a toxic and unrecommended experience

Alright, I will be pretty blunt here and already start with the main problem this game and community holds, the ''No RP'' that is bellow LRP which people believe CM is and the Staff blindly states to itself it is a MRP (A fucking joke and insult to other servers that strive to bring up a good RP experience.).

CM does not have RP standard, no roleplay, no roleplay at all, when the game is solely based on waking up, punching/disarming your metabuddy, arming yourself then rushing the dropship to say ''Chungus POV Keanu nigga ass poggers'' then turning yourself in a mindless shell that waits for deployment to meta run the same position and unload-reload gun click horizontal sprite and the only roles that are held up to ''high'' (Pfftt) standards being the CO and Synth, surprise, they are not high standard and are only slightly more decent than common marines at best, being the Synth stereotype a boring glorified support role that repeats their same quotes and the CO being a man with a different accent that shitposts announcements.

I don't see no problem with that as long as CM is sincere with their community, and I will quote Destrok here: I would rather want to have CM turned into a full Baystation/Desert Rose or a full Traitor TDM station level RP (Not this fake balance as utopist as anarchism), which is the current level of RP, but the Staff refuses to admit that or make any actions to change it and rather name CM as a MRP server. CM haves the eternal burden of always grabbing the new SS13 players and shaping them on majority of times yet the first impression of a Roleplaying game they have is everything but Roleplay, that way not only turning their community in a bunch of CoD/Halo Multiplayer kids but filling the SS13 community with them.

If you play SS13 for the solely purpose of shooting and only get pleasure by doing so, you are in the wrong game, there are way better assymetrical combat games outside of BYOND that will provide you a lot of packed action and everything you may dream about. Other TDM SS13 games such as Escalation, Lebensraum, Fields of Fire, Civ 13, IS12 all managed to at least keep an LRP environment in their communities.

Going further, CM is now a arcade game just like any other (better) shooters you can find around, the code isnt essentialy bad or doomed to failure but on a game like SS13, no matter what limits you script or demand, the community is the one that dictates how your server will be and it's the duty of the Staff to separate shitters from people that want to have a good experience, but well, thing is, being a shitter is common and there are no punishments for idiotic behaviors on the grand majority of roles people play which results in the huge amount of unnecessary drama CM always had and will continue having.

I wont extend myself longer on all that but basically, I prefer to have a healthier experience on MRP (Real MRP servers) servers than standing in the middle of this endless wasteland experience. I wish for the best to this community, as I had good moments here and there are good souls (Which are slowly fading away) that keep trying to do their best being a dot of light in the vast dark sea of CM.

TL;DR It may be fun to be a retard/shitter on a community that encourages it at first but on the long run, it is no good to no one. Dinkle was right to some degree.

Au revoir.
    Last edited by LynuahSororitas; 07-20-2020 at 03:49 PM.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Farewell mist, you are a cool player and i hope to see you again, even thow CM is hot trash right now.

blame the shity update since permanest for making round laggy low pop speed runs, wich kill any attempt of potential RP.

#revertthecode #pre-permanest

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Loter.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnedSweetPotato View Post
    i was roleplaying as a spec ops sangheili

Whitelisted Synthetic CallunaBorealis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, I like your take on the current state of RP (or lack thereof) on the server.

Hope to see you again some day, Lyunah. And take care.

o7
    Shore leave approved for all my characters, enjoying the beaches of New Hawaii until further notice.

Plays as Heather Tanigawa (Intel and everything else), Erica Picotte (Medical) and Angela Ochoa (Engineering) in the USCM.

Aissa the Synthetic, a former waitress for a Cuban-themed restaurant franchise.

CB-** the Beno.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dinkle is 100% right.

bye bye mist. i'll miss you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you can let the anger go and feel better soon, be well, be healthy ^^

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    didn't have to make it so long doubt you ever played esca buh bye

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last person to leave please shut off the lights