User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good medic?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as chemistry line, only ia is necessary imo.

Also, shotgun should be your weapon.
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never take QC, it is redundant as bicard OD cures internal bleeding fully rather than just delaying/slowing it as quickclot does. You should administer 3 pills bicard and 1 kelo to counteract the burn damage caused by the OD.
    Take an autoinjector pouch for more space in your lifesaver/to carry all your epi and oxy. It's like a medikit that stores all your injectors, but way easier to open on the fly.
    If you can convince an IO to give you their spare backpack (usually few people ask for this and they will give it without a second thought) you have made your inventory space massive allowing to carry a mod88 in your backpack and a large pistol magazine pouch to use as a sidearm.
    You should take a second defib and extra pill bottles of inaprovaline, tramadol, bicardine, and kelotane as these are the most commonly used pills and running out of these will definitely ruin your day. If you run out of inaprovaline again, use dexalin as a ghetto substitute. Keep these spare pill bottles in a medikit labelled "pills" in your satchel - there is a labeller on the table by the gun racks in every squad prep room - as a medic you should be using it.
    With the new vendor update if you can get a squad engineer to hack a westonmed for you - first take it to the FOB so you can resupply easily (it works as a portable recharger, autoinjector refiller, splint, kit refiller etc). Second dupe ATK ABK and splints with it by restocking one at a time rather than the whole stack.
    With this kind of loadout you should have a lot of space, fill the rest with splints or (unorthodoxly) a tricord pill bottle to deal with more minor wounds. Make sure to scan marines before injecting it, as firstaid pouches carry tricord injectors, so you could end up ODing people.
    Bind 'say " stand still so I can heal you' to a macro - this is very useful for splinting.
    Use your numpad to target different limbs while kit-healing a dead marine - spamclick the sprite while pressing numpad keys - my preferred order is 58441123366 - this will heal every limb including hands and feet.
    Store epi injectors in your helmet, they are easily the most useful injector for any medic. If you take autoinjector pouch and do this, you will have 15 uses of epi at your hands - enough to use it basically every time you defib (if you have only one defib.) Act like this! With a hacked westonmed at the fob, you can restock these injectors every time you return to resupply. Don't make yourself waste time kitting. Side note, kitting is only needed to get a marine below 200ish damage - further use is wasteful when you could be using the much cheaper pills to heal them. However using the pills will make it take longer for them to get on their feet again, so consider this before deciding what to do.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't listen to these bad people. The best medic is the one that uses their medicine and stuff to heal themself so they can unga dunga and robust xenos with a shotgun and treat themself afterwards.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethancol View Post
    Well I have been playing medic for a few weeks now, I read some guide and finished reading the wiki, can heal marine with above 300 damage, but I am just wondering what makes people a robust and good medic.
    Doing your job quickly. Doing it without mistakes. Learn shortcuts and learn WHEN you need to be doing things.

If you OD people constantly, you're not a good medic. If you don't bring enough supplies, you're not a good medic.

USE TRAUMA AND BURN KITS ON REVIVABLE CORPSES, AND USE YOUR NUMPAD TO DO IT QUICKLY.

And don't unga off and die uselessly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye thanks for all the replies, I don't know if any of you see me in game but I play the character Michael Standfort. I mostly play medic and Doctor, sometime CMO, have been thinking about trying researcher.
    Last edited by Hhahs28; 08-18-2020 at 02:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most important part of being a medic, aside from gearing up, and actually doing your job to heal people, is one simple thing:

Never leave a marine’s shit behind. If you take off their armor to defib, then you’d better be able to put it back on them. Failing that, at least bring their weapon with you. Most marines are in love with their weapon loadout. If you leave their [insert special snowflake weapon here] behind, they will HATE you, regardless of how much effort you put into reviving them. Marines spend too much time in the squad and regular req lines to get their weapon mods. Or they took a kit, and their weapon of choice cannot be replaced. You generate tons of good will by making sure they don’t have to field scavenge for a weapon they don’t like.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im good medic
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm good medic
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm goodest medic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FortyPercent View Post
    You can place triage cards by examining people and changing the holo tag.
    Black is permanent-dead (stops marines from giving them CPR or rescuing bodies), red is hugged/massive organ failure, orange is broken bones. Though most people don’t use orange, since it’s not really important.

Just using holocards makes you a fine medic.
    holy shit thank you

i knew triage cards existed but i didn't know they could be used in that way, thank you for saving me from having to tell other marines that the guy is dead

QUICK EDIT: you can replenish blood in a patient not with iron, but with shoving some food down their throat. it is for this reason that IA is basically the only chem you really really need in the field.

also, always give inaprovaline before defibbing. it helps regulate their heart rate when they're still in crit and acts as a very mild painkiller
    Last edited by La Villa Strangiato; 08-27-2020 at 06:44 AM.