User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GenericUsername - Yautja Application

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    I'll be sliding a +1. The stories are good, and the guy is a great RPer. Let him have his third toy.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaioAcex View Post
    Right, it makes some sense, but still a gripe. Overall, stories great, imo your rp could be better, with some encounters. Other than that, here ya are.+1
    Maybe Bo'ytill isn't so bad. Thanks for the votes
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbnus View Post
    He'll turn my city into a glass floor if I don't +1 so please give it to him.

Nathon is a fun guy, he'll do good with the WL.
    Your city lives another day

Jokes aside thanks for the vote
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    Mapper since 12/29/2020

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I'll drop you some hypotheticals, for the most part there is no right or wrong answer -

1) You are hunting a rather strong tier three xeno, you've had multiple fights with it but can never seem to finish it off before other xenos come and gang you and force you to retreat, and the xeno themselves seems unwilling to commit to fighting until one of you goes sideways. What do you do?

2) You are recovering gear, but can't quite get a lock on who's carrying it. There are several marines roaming together, and the gear isn't visible on any of their sprites or in the examine text, and every time you show up they begin shooting you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    Okay, I'll drop you some hypotheticals, for the most part there is no right or wrong answer -

1) You are hunting a rather strong tier three xeno, you've had multiple fights with it but can never seem to finish it off before other xenos come and gang you and force you to retreat, and the xeno themselves seems unwilling to commit to fighting until one of you goes sideways. What do you do?

2) You are recovering gear, but can't quite get a lock on who's carrying it. There are several marines roaming together, and the gear isn't visible on any of their sprites or in the examine text, and every time you show up they begin shooting you.
    Thanks for the questions

1. Considering that whenever I try to hunt them they get backed up by a bunch of xenos and are generally unwilling to fight me, it'd probably just be best to either wait for them to be isolated long enough for a fight or to just hunt something else in the meantime, nothing in HC dictates I need to 100% commit to what I'm hunting and it's clear that neither of us will have an enjoyable fight aslong as his team is nearby.

2. It'd probably be best if I cloaked and followed the group from a safe distance, if the gear isn't visible on any of their persons then it's most likely a weapon one of them will inevitably show off or try to use against a xeno, which will let me know who has it. Once I know who has the item It shouldn't be difficult to follow them, HPC, take their backpack then get whatever gear they have in it. If none of them ever show who has it and it's they're generally making it difficult for me than I can just wait for whoever has it to head up to the almayer, field recovery isn't mandatory.
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    Mapper since 12/29/2020

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Thanks for the questions

1. Considering that whenever I try to hunt them they get backed up by a bunch of xenos and are generally unwilling to fight me, it'd probably just be best to either wait for them to be isolated long enough for a fight or to just hunt something else in the meantime, nothing in HC dictates I need to 100% commit to what I'm hunting and it's clear that neither of us will have an enjoyable fight aslong as his team is nearby.

2. It'd probably be best if I cloaked and followed the group from a safe distance, if the gear isn't visible on any of their persons then it's most likely a weapon one of them will inevitably show off or try to use against a xeno, which will let me know who has it. Once I know who has the item It shouldn't be difficult to follow them, HPC, take their backpack then get whatever gear they have in it. If none of them ever show who has it and it's they're generally making it difficult for me than I can just wait for whoever has it to head up to the almayer, field recovery isn't mandatory.
    Overall I like these answers, good understanding that because you /can/ do something doesn't mean you /should/.

+1.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, this would be around the time that I would put up a hypothetical, but it seems Chainsaw beat me to it, so it would be redundant to ask. The story I have no problems with, looking at your in-game behavior there's nothing really problematic, and the answers to the hypotheticals were sufficient. +1 and I hope to see you in the hunting grounds.
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your clan story kept me intrigued the entire time, your characters story left much to be desired though. I felt that you put all of your effort into the clan and left nothing to include on your characters.

Questions for you:

Does your character have any quirks outside of cooking (This isn't necessary, I'm just curious)

How do the two castes in your clan get along? Has their worship of Thardha separated or differed at any point in the clans history?

However the above is portrayed, how does your character react to the worker/trades caste way of going about their worship of Thardha?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    Your clan story kept me intrigued the entire time, your characters story left much to be desired though. I felt that you put all of your effort into the clan and left nothing to include on your characters.

Questions for you:

Does your character have any quirks (This isn't necessary, I'm just curious)

How do the two castes in your clan get along? Has their worship of Thardha separated or differed at any point in the clans history?

However the above is portrayed, how does your character react to the worker/trades caste way of going about their worship of Thardha?
    Yea those are fair, I probably could've done a bit more in regards to my predators character, thanks for the criticism

1. I'd say Kahn is like most yautja, he sees Humans/Xenos as lesser species and is unyielding in his respect and worship of Tharda. During hunts, he'll often be reckless trying to get as much prey as possible in order to appease Thardha and create a grand feast. Despite the lack of it for other races Kahn has nothing but great respect for fellow Yautja, being overly eager to feast with his fellow Hunters and share the spoils from his prey.

2. Hunters in Ikesh are often seen as saints by Worker castes, being the ones who risk themselves to further the knowledge of the culinary arts and create new recipes. Workers who help to maintain vessels create recipe books, etc are respected by Hunters for their loyalty to Thardha despite a lack of strength. When it comes to rituals and the things they do to worship Thardha there isn't much difference between castes. Workers and Hunters alike are equally expected to feast whenever possible, whether it be on hunting vessels after a hunt or on Yautja prime during ceremonies, individual Hunters/Workers may worship Thardha in different ways but generally both are side-by-side during worship.

3. As said in the response to your first question, Kahn has nothing but respect for his fellow click clacks and since the ways Workers/Hunters worship Thardha is basically the same he has no issues with them, they're helpful Brethren that are to be treated equally during a feast.
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    Mapper since 12/29/2020

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accepted.