Byond ID?
    6DIRTY

CM Character?
    A couple; Elliot Quinn, Leland (Gael) McGuinness

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT -6

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    15-30

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    N/A

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Rarely.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    N/A

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Not that I know of.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    No

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Message the offending player to maybe see if the shooting truly was random. Check the player notes for previous incidents, if so, then issue a warning. If it truly was random, then do merely add a note to the player and allow the MPs to handle the situation ICly.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    PM both parties to get a clearer picture. Since I don't play a Predator, I would reference the Predator's honor code / rulebook to make a proper judgement call. If there was a true violation, warn the Predator and add a note in case of future offenses.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    PM them to see if they're new and need some help - a gentle nudge in the right direction. If I'm in game as well, act as a guide for them to follow.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Do nothing to escalate the situation, message an admin(+) if there is one online or on Discord. If there is no available admin(+), forward the situation to one and let the player know that you have done so and that an admin will be in touch. If they don't want to wait, they should feel free to make a post on the forums.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    PM "John Doe" that his name is prohibited - lacks creativity and is a common use for an unknown male. Names that reference pop culture, historical figures or are just nonsense are also prohibited. Check their notes for any prior incidences and act accordingly. If there are no prior incidences, add a note and warn the player and change their name for the round - they must change their name for future rounds or face harsher punishment.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    PM them asking what they are doing with the gear and explain to them the meaning of the color codes (IC issue). If they can't give a valid reason, tell them to stop and let them off with a warning. Persistent behavior will warrant harsher punishment.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Check the logs and PM the survivor. Explain to them that unprovoked survivor - marine hostilities are prohibited, regardless of whether it was openly stated by either player (also, RP wise it doesn't make sense. Why would a survivor be hostile towards the marine force coming to rescue them and their colony and vice versa.) If it's a first time offense, let them off with a warning, if they're a repeat offender, put in a request for a survivor role ban.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Message any possible witnesses to the theft to get background information (i.e. if the marine committed any other crimes) and then PM the MP to get his justification for perma brigging the marine. While theft is a breach of marine law, perma is an improper escalation that does not fit the crime. Check the MP player's notes for any prior incidents and act accordingly. First time offenses warrant a warning. Repeat offenses may lead to a job role ban. Possibly initiate an RP event if the opportunity presents itself in the form of an appeal.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    As Queen Mother, I would attempt to goad the remaining xenos into a desperation final assault on the remaining marines. If that fails, I would reach out to an admin(+) to see if they can do an ARES announcement to get the round progressing again.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Ahelp - since this directly involves me, it would be best to let another staff member decide the best course of action.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I would explain to them that EORG pertains to friendly fire and since the CLF are not considered a "friendly faction" to the marines, hostilities between the two factions are allowed, just as open hostilities between xenos / predators and marines are allowed. If they do not agree with my judgement, I would suggest that they submit a forum post.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    PM the player warning them to stop. Disarming, punching, stealing etc. to the point of nuisance is considered "start of round shenanigans" and should cease immediately. If they continue, escalate the punishment. Repeat offenders warrant a CKEY note.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    PM both marines to get a clearer picture - if the accused marine cannot come up with a valid reason other than "he punched me", give them a warning for improper escalation. Repeat offenses warrant a harsher punishment. If the victim is unable to be revived by in game doctors or medics, possibly consider requesting an AHeal for that player.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Immediate mass sleep to prevent any sort of low ball grief. Then use the that time to ask around to find the originating perpetrators and ask them for their reason to start a mutiny - if they are unable to provide a valid reason for their mutiny, give them a warning and add a note to their CKey. Possibly reach out to an admin(+) to initiate an RP event to deescalate the situation at hand.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    While I personally frown upon racism, regardless of "severity", minor racist comments are allowed so long as they're kept IC and don't get out of hand. There's a very fine line between RP and RL. If the offended player wishes, they may submit a player report on the forums.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Add a note to their CKey and submit a request for a permaban. No tolerance for players who hard grief, let alone hard grief and then avoid confrontation about it.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    PM the xeno player to determine their train of thought behind their actions. If they claim it was due to lag (doubt) or lack of knowledge / awareness, let them off with a warning. If their notes show previous incidences, submit a request for a xeno role ban.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    PM the xeno with a warning to cut out the LRP. Memes are great and all but try to keep them to OOC or DCHAT. If the behavior persists, escalate the punishment as neccessary.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    While some players might find that calling the shuttle a "dropship" LRP, it is not against the rules. Terms such as dropship, console and the names of buildings and landmarks are allowed to be called as such in order to minimize confusion.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    PM the command staff player warning them not to break RP protocol - the USCM does not know about any aliens, all they know is that a colony / station went dark and it's up to them to find out why. If the behavior persists in future rounds, escalate the punishment as necessary.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Message the other marines who were in the pod with the accused marine and check the logs. Despite it being the end of the round, if there was no attempt at roleplay, give the accused marine a warning and a note for soft grief. If there was numerous and obvious attempts at roleplay, then it becomes an IC issue and the marine who was killed should feel free to submit a player report on the forums.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Say nothing; allow a fellow staff member to step in and address the issue. No need to escalate the situation any further.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Let the marine know that unfortunately, SSD marines are free game, just as SSD xenos are free game. If they must SSD, then they should at least make an attempt to head back to the cryochambers. If they went SSD unexpectedly, tell them that unfortunately there's nothing that I could do other than suggest they seek help from a doctor / medic in game. Use of moderator powers to affect gameplay mechanics is an abuse of power.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Correct the staff member out of view of the player base (i.e. Discord or the proper channel) and have them reference the rulebook / wiki. Don't argue with them if they are adamant on the issue and bring it up with admin(+) if necessary.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would give my input and nothing more. This is between two staff members and they should get admin(+) involved if they believe it's necessary.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I work nights, so I'm on primarily in the mornings where there's only a few moderators / admins. Sometimes morning rounds get chaotic and I could see some situations where the available staff would be overwhelmed. I would like to give a helping hand to the server, the CM staff and the CM community as a moderator.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    A moderator should be level headed and well balanced. They should be able to be polite yet stern, pass good judgement calls and be able to remove themselves from a situation if need be.

Anything else you
    I've actually been playing for awhile now, since 2017 or so as a doctor / SO / medic - my old forgotten CKey was CSolaris but I forgot the password to it as well as the burner email I used to create it.

RESCIND MY APPLICATION, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP THIS ARCHIVED FOR POSSIBLE FUTURE APPLICATIONS.
    Last edited by 6DIRTY; 07-23-2020 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Rescind my application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually no, I want to rescind this application. I don't feel it's the right time to apply to be a moderator.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Understandable, you can re-apply in 30 days just keep in mind you have to make an new application then.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer