Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Boiler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damarik View Post
    -snip-
    While some of the points here are valid (Antibodyblock on a boiler is nigh-useless, if you get bumped by a boiler, you deserve it.), some are just completely false.

A careful boiler will have trouble avoiding CAS and OBs, and cornered xenos don't need to be CAS'd or OB'd, they're already fucked.

Forcing a xeno into a cornered position is only possible if you're already pushing them hard enough, any halfway decent xenos will gravitate towards the pathway to a more defensible position. Almost always, it's further down in caves or similar.
    Sure, flanks can happen and when they do, they're devastating.

If boiler is getting frontally assaulted, their defenders have already ditched them. But, unlike you said about retreating boilers being easy to pin down, it's just not true. More often than not, the boiler has caused enough of a delay for other xenos to heal just enough to assist in repelling the marines. A good boiler with halfway decent support is nearly uncatchable, especially in narrow spots where the acid spray can outright block advances for many enough seconds to matter.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, you're talking about a Boiler with support and a good retreat route. The point of my commentary was to impress the need to cut it off from from these things.

It does have some cheese that I'm not happy about: I took a Sadar round 2 spaces ahead of me and walked away with about half health...that's not somethinf plausible. But that still does not negate the need for good tactics on the Marines part.