Byond ID?
    ZACSO-X

CM Character?
    Mell "Shocker" Plums

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT -3:00

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    well i've been a bit addicted to CM lately so its definitely more, but lets say an average of 21 hours per week

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    nope

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    yes

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    none

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    no

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    no

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    well back when i first started playing SS13 i learned about hacking, so as the assistant i was, i disabled comms on beestation for no reason and got banned for way more than a day, never been banned for more than a few hours since on any server

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Sure, that's a given

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I'd make sure it wasnt just some random brainfart misclick, and depending on the situation would either tell MPs to let them go or at least make sure said player got an apropriate time in brig

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Whitelist issue, tell them to make a complaint at forums, unless the mistake EXTREMELY crystal clear

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Make sure its not an unga.
    PM said player asking if they need help, direct them to quickstart guide and if i have the time and/or patience maybe even go with them step by step

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Tell him to stop, doesnt stop? ban
    Stops? determine if a higher authority staff member is truly necessary and go from there

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    PM said player telling him " sorry m8 that's da roolz, that name ain't allowed "
    Check his notes and promptly change his name

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Didnt break any rules?
    Just in case PM him to not shoot windows and/or MPs, and that ill be watching

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    PM said surv and tell him he should know that's not how things roll, if he is understandable then maybe just a warning and make sure the marine gets healed

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Make SURE thats the ONLY crime, then tell MP to set an apropriate brig timer, or better yet just let him go

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Either QM hive to go kamikaze or FAX marines or something, saying that WY know through magic science that there are just 4 benos in whatever location

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Check notes, tell him to stop or ban

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Tell CLF that opposing factions killing each other is not considered EORG

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Stole some boots? doesnt matter.
    Stole unique items? check notes, tell him to stop, and give back items, doesnt do it? ban

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Not proper escalation PM him " he punches you and you PB him, seem fair to you? if you do it again thats a ban " and make sure the victimrine gets healed

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    MOOC " HEY BOYS AND GIRLS, couldn't help but notice your umm ""PEACEFUL PROTEST GATHERING"", unfortunately it was not allowed, stop or become a vegetable" then promptly deal with whoever continues to mutiny

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Tell him its not against the rules and this instance was just part of roleplay

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Check notes, ban, file for possible perma-ban, make sure everybody gets revived

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    PM xeno, "if you're gonna suicide then dont play xeno" check notes and issue xeno ban if necessary

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    PM him to stop or get the hammer

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Tell him its not LRP since its just an english translation of xeno tongue

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Tell said staff to clarify it to the marines that you DO NOT know if there are xenos on the planet or not

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Well if there are NO OTHER pods available for whatever reason, be the pods are all launched, or xenos, or time, or all three.
    Then it might be an allowed RP scenario, if not then thats a clarification and ban

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Well in this case IF the player is only insulting ME ALONE then i do not give a shit, if he starts temper tantruming too much or another player ahelps about it then i'll issue a warning and ban if necessary as per rule 3

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Tell him that being SSD doesnt exempt him from being hugged, tough luck

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    PM said staff, clarify, if he doesnt listen then take it to higher authority staff

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Take it to higher authority staff

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    3 reasons
    1- Yes i would like to meme when marines OB the FoB
    2- Nanu told me recently ingame that i should apply for staff due to my good monthly hours.
    3-I get to have a chance to not reflect the bad administration of other servers in SS13 (specifically tg) and other games, plus its good experience

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Look at the evidence, make a fair judgement, slap the wrists of the kids playing around and punish the undesiarables being assholes, such is the nature of the mod

Anything else you
    Unga bunga dunga or unga dunga bunga?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I'd make sure it wasnt just some random brainfart misclick, and depending on the situation would either tell MPs to let them go or at least make sure said player got an apropriate time in brig
    We're talking here about you acting as a moderator.
    You can investigate if it was an accident which they happen alot, but you must follow proceedure, PM'ing involved parties, be sure proper escalation was followed, checking players notes for similar events, and possible apply the right punishment.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Whitelist issue, tell them to make a complaint at forums, unless the mistake EXTREMELY crystal clear
    While its indeed a WL issue, we're not supposed to step into those, you should ask the player if he's interested in making a report and refer him to forums, and give pertinent information about the reported player, such as ckey's. Aside you are to PM the whitelisted player and get his statement, if no one bothers in reporting him, you should report them instead to their respective WL council.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Tell him to stop, doesnt stop? ban
    Stops? determine if a higher authority staff member is truly necessary and go from there
    As a moderator you are always to remain professional, if the player is being rude in ahelps, there's no reason to refer him to another staff member, just tell him to chill if it doesn't stop you can mute his ahelps. Refering to staff report forum is also a posibility, but it's just going to waste his time.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Didnt break any rules?
    Just in case PM him to not shoot windows and/or MPs, and that ill be watching
    IC issue, nothing wrong here. We dont really have to PM him, but no one would stop you.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    PM said surv and tell him he should know that's not how things roll, if he is understandable then maybe just a warning and make sure the marine gets healed
    Exactly, currently we're not allowing survivors to go hostile to marines. Checking notes of the survivor for similar events, it's always good.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Make SURE thats the ONLY crime, then tell MP to set an apropriate brig timer, or better yet just let him go

We can't tell the MP to let him go, well, depends on how long the player was detained, seeing this case, i think in two charges, trespassing and theft, none of them would give a perma confinement. Best is to PM both parts and make sure everything is OK- If the PM would be placing illegal charges, tell him to remove and apply the correct ones minus the time spent in brig. Apart from that a HEAVY warning for breaking ML as MP, if there were any recent problems with it, apply a jobban.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Check notes, tell him to stop or ban
    Since you are involved, you can't step in, YOU NEVER TAKE AHELPS you are involved in. You can ahelp and a fellow staff will take over.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Stole some boots? doesnt matter.
    Stole unique items? check notes, tell him to stop, and give back items, doesnt do it? ban
    Rule 4 - No griefing - Roundstart shenanigans.

Well apart from all, you answers are "decent" you've been playing for quite a while now, i see no reason for allowing a trial, nothing our trainers can fix.
    If you're really interested in being part of our staff, you'll make it.

I will reserve my vote until more of us state their opinion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your time. The comments were of great help to my understanding of the moderating standard, and i think some of those i've written too hastily due to me having to start the whole forms over due to accidentally closing the page.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZACSO-X View Post
    Thank you for your time. The comments were of great help to my understanding of the moderating standard, and i think some of those i've written too hastily due to me having to start the whole forms over due to accidentally closing the page.
    No problem. Good luck.

Also seeing your timezone is -3 GMT where are you from?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brazil.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ZACSO-X

Questions for you.

1. Where can/can't you hold Briefing as a (acting) Commanding Officer

2. Can you give an example of an situation warranting a jobban?

3. A marine is causing a ruckus during prep time, forcing people food and this is witnessed by an MP. The MP Brigs them for disorderly conduct and the marine Ahelps. What is your response.

4. A CO pardons a marine who killed the USCM synthetic unit. An MP ahelps about this. What do you do?

5. Delta tries to mutiny command because they were told to hold a position away from the front line as initial orders. Do you authorize this?

6. You spot 2 players moving together without any communication whatsoever, both their accounts are new. What do you do?

7. A player is arguing your decision and it's holding up 100+ players at round end. What do you do?

8. Are you in the CM main discord? If so, what is your discord tag.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1- allowed:Briefing room, hangar, CIC(when SLs only), chapel, conference room. Not allowed: Any place where it interferes with other departments such as med, engi, req, the DS,etc.
    2- Same xeno suiciding at every respawn/ Medic ODing everyone purposefully/ MP abusing authority repeatedly/ Any player as essential staff that repeatedly neglects duty such as a doctor, req officer, CE,etc.
    3- Check notes, check if cell has apropriate timer, PM him "yeah that was totally your fault, disorderly conduct is a valid reason for being brigged, just wait out your timer"
    4-Well i'd PM all parties and determine if it was accidental or if it was with the intent to kill. If it was accidental, and therefore a major crime, then i'd PM the MP saying the pardon was indeed lawful, and to leave it at that. If the murder of the synth was on purpose, then the CO would not have the authority to pardon a capital crime, and i'd PM the MP that it was indeed unlawful and that the CO will be dealt with and that he should make a complaint on forums for the CO council. Then PM/FAX the CO to revert his pardon as per order of high command. and make sure the murderer gets jailed again, and that the synth is fine.
    5-Obviously not, "The OP will start slow" isnt a good enough reason for mutiny, i'd PM the aSL or whoever lead the mutiny to cease and follow their orders. Or maybe MOOC that mutiny for such a petty reason was not allowed.
    6- check notes just in case and well if they are indeed moving with TOO much coordination without any ingame interactions, then I'd PM them saying that metacomms of any kind are not allowed, and if they continue to move togheter with minimal to no ingame interaction at all i may have to tempban them for possible metacomms and add notes to them.
    7- PM him " Look i get you're upset and all, but the round has got to end, so let's do this: i close your ticket, and you make a complaint at forums where it can be disputed properly "
    8- not yet i am not

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1,2 - Decent answers.
    3 - Force feeding marines is specifically stated in marine law and falls under hooliganism, which is punishable by NJP. Disorderly conduct is "Directly and intentionally disrupting primary operations of the ship", marine/s becoming slightly fat won't completely destroy the operation.
    4,5,6,7 - Decent answers.
    8 - You WILL need to be on discord and be an active member to be a part of the moderation team.

You're not very well-known. Answers are barely acceptable. But you've got potential.
    I say you can get a chance to improve.
    +1
    Last edited by Novacti; 07-28-2020 at 12:36 AM.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya answers to Nova questions are good enough don't know ya much but ya got the playtime and ya only notes are for EORG which isn't really a issue so yea +1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in the discord now. ZACSO-X#5965