Byond ID?
    Scorpii

CM Character?
    Chris Mooris as Marine, Chris as Synth

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    US Eastern Standard Time

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    Minimum 20, Maximum 30. Variable activity since I'm in the military and schedules could change at the drop of a hat.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    None

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Used to play Bay and Paradise, now strictly CM

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Synth App: //showthrea...ic-Application

CO App: https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=14407

Also had a Mentor app that was denied, archived

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    My door and mouth are always open.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    DM the player and get their side of the story of what happened. Once I get their side or they're not exactly being cooperative, DM the arresting MPs and get their side of what's going on. Note the incident on the player depending on circumstances.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Ask the reporting player what honor code rule has been violated and the circumstances of what happened. DM the Predator player and ask them for their side of the story. Note the incident on the Predator player with incident and resolution or needed action.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    DM player asking if they need help or instructions. If they do, notify any mentors to see if they can help out or teach the player the ropes. If there are no mentors, I would need to help them.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Notify the player that their conduct is unbecoming and let them know that if they don't relax or calm down that I will note it and notify admins of their conduct. Depending on severity, maybe outright ban.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    DM the player notifying them of Rule 12 and that John Doe is considered a bit too on the nose or pop culture for the server. Make sure they understand or acknowledge it and make a note of it. If possible, change their name (not sure what power I would have as a mod). If not, notify someone who can change it.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    RIP MTs. Notify the MT the alert level is GREEN and ask if they know that carrying a rifle as support in green is unusual. If the player puts his rifle away, make no note. If player says there's a credible threat to their life, tell them to let IC superior know and carry on, no note. Overall, IC issue, not really necessary to act any further as long as it doesn't escalate.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Considering the rule change that survivors are not allowed to be outright hostile to Marines, I would let them know that they clearly breached a defined rule and link them to the rule change on the forum/wiki. Make a note of it.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Most likely an IC issue. I'd ask if they got permission from the RT/RO to come in. If they did not, I would probably mark it as an IC issue, let the player know why it was a IC issue and move on. If they did, then it was an unjustified arrest and I'd likely notify the MP.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would just flat out MOOC message the Marines that it is HIGHLY encouraged that you conduct a raid or attack the xenos. Maybe, depending on staff available, coordinate a quick "if they don't do anything, buff xenos" event.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Notify another staff member. Since I'm personally involved or affiliated, it disqualifies me from handling the situation.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    CLF and Marines are enemies. EORG does not apply as long as no one of the same faction intentionally fires on one another.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Outright improper escalation of force and is, quite frankly, griefing. Thats Rule 4 break. Notify player and tell them to stop. If not, ban for griefing.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Improper escalation of force. Punching is not a deadly act and was not justified in murdering the other player. Note it, notify player if its done again, action will be taken. If they do it again, thats griefing and a ban.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Immediately MOOC and just plainly state that this is not an authorized mutiny and you all need to stop now or we'll sleep you all.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Notify them that IC racism is tolerated on the server and that the content that is being said is not over-the-line.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Plain griefing. Note it and ban for griefing and heal all that were victims. Depending on notes, file for perma.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Notify player that you very clearly suicided as a larva and note it. Depending on note history, possible jobban from xeno.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    XOOC the whole hive and let them know that if I keep seeing memery and LRP from xenos that its not going to go well for those individuals. Those who continue, jobban.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Its not LRP since the hivemind interprets objects differently by individual mind in English.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    MOOC that Expected Contact does not mean that Marines know Xenos are on the planet, just that Xenos exist in general. Note the Command player.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Highly circumstantial situation. If the xenos are literally at the door or about to rip the offending player apart or there's no pods left, then the claim it was RP has merit and I would consider it safe from an RP standpoint. But if there's no threat or situation that is an "all or nothing" scenario, its very clearly unjustified and requires a note and temp-ban.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I really don't care what people say about me, I do my job and move on. If they make it a wider community issue or people start to complain about it, then I'm going to warn them and remind them of Rule 3 and further actions are going to result in a ban.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Being SSD does not protect you from in-round actions that don't breach rules.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    DM staff member correct information and if they decide to make a big deal of it, then let higher authority handle it.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Requires higher authority to make a ruling or mediate whats going.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    1. Nanu sorta convinced me

2. CM needs mods right now

3. I've been apart of the community for a few years now. I've had on and off periods but I really do care about the server and what's going on with it. I may not always be overly involved but I keep my ear to the ground. I figured its time I have an active contribution.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Impartiality and honesty. Also a little charisma as well. You can enforce rules and standards all you want, but mods are often the first face of CM. Treat players fairly and respectfully and griefers with impunity.

Anything else you
    Nanu promised me abuse. There better be abuse.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for applying Scorpii ya answers are mostly okish just some I'm gonna go over

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Ask the reporting player what honor code rule has been violated and the circumstances of what happened. DM the Predator player and ask them for their side of the story. Note the incident on the Predator player with incident and resolution or needed action.

If it's a HC break we tell the player to make a report here and gather info for the pred council we don't handle whitelist issues that's for the councils only time we deal with a WL player is if they're breaking server rules not WL rules.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Outright improper escalation of force and is, quite frankly, griefing. Thats Rule 4 break. Notify player and tell them to stop. If not, ban for griefing.

This would be round start shenanigans not IE

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    XOOC the whole hive and let them know that if I keep seeing memery and LRP from xenos that its not going to go well for those individuals. Those who continue, jobban.

Ya would only need to use XOOC if multiple xenos are doing this if it's only one no need really

Those are the ones that I wanted to go over now onto playtime and notes ya recent playtime is not that great but ya past the required amount this month but last month ya were short so I'm kinda of iffy here onto ya notes it's mostly clean with ya last note being back in last year Nov

I'm kinda of iffy on this app so I'm gonna ask some more questions so I can gauge this app a little more

1.Queen ahelps that a xeno is going against her orders what do ya do?

2.The CPT is going around spouting LRP phrases would this be a WL issue or Staff issue and if it's the latter would ya inform the CO council of the issue?

3.A Xeno is on the Almayer and camping cyro killing fresh spawned marines how would ya handle the issue?

I'll save my judgement for after these questions have been answered.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Scorpii, thanks for applying!

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    RIP MTs. Notify the MT the alert level is GREEN and ask if they know that carrying a rifle as support in green is unusual. If the player puts his rifle away, make no note. If player says there's a credible threat to their life, tell them to let IC superior know and carry on, no note. Overall, IC issue, not really necessary to act any further as long as it doesn't escalate.
    Correct, we don't really need to PM this player, unless he breaks any rules.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Most likely an IC issue. I'd ask if they got permission from the RT/RO to come in. If they did not, I would probably mark it as an IC issue, let the player know why it was a IC issue and move on. If they did, then it was an unjustified arrest and I'd likely notify the MP.
    You can't get permabrigged for possible tresspassing + theft. Proper proceedure would be to investigate, talk with the player that reported the MP and the MP itself, most of the times these are fake charges, usually we would tell the MP if he was wrong to remove the charges, apply the correct ones minus the time spent in brig. Check for similar notes, for similar issues regarding that matter, if found any, you would file a jobban for breaking ML as MP.

2 questions.

1 - Give me three examples on:

OOC issues we would have to step in.
    IC issues that could be solved by Marine Law.

2 - Why to you think we mantain and enforce MRP and punish LRP?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Cheeks View Post

1.Queen ahelps that a xeno is going against her orders what do ya do?

2.The CPT is going around spouting LRP phrases would this be a WL issue or Staff issue and if it's the latter would ya inform the CO council of the issue?

3.A Xeno is on the Almayer and camping cyro killing fresh spawned marines how would ya handle the issue?
    1. Tell the Queen that they should banish the xeno from the hive and make a note on the xeno player. I would also send a DM reminding the offending xeno that they must follow the Queen's orders without question and failure to do so is against the server's roleplay standards for xenos.

2. A little bit of a tricky scenario. It depends on past notes and history I would say. If the player is a repeat offender then I would say its a WL concern and I'd notify the Council. Probably send DMs to the CO Council head with screenshots, "Guess what your CO did." I'd probably also send the CO a DM telling them to knock off the LRP and make a note of it. If they continue to LRP, I'd bring it to the council. This situation doesn't really warrant any staff action since it doesn't require a major action, in my opinion.

3. This question I think is a similar question to the "A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?" question. Technically camping fresh spawns is not against the rules and doesn't constitute any action. However, it is a bit scummy and I'd say goes against Rule 3 and/or Rules 5 and 6. Its against the spirit of the game and you give people no chance to fight back for free kills. I'd PM the xeno and just tell them to kill actual armed players if they want kills. If its during a crash event, I mean then its just shit luck and somebody should turn off the cryo spawns.
    Captain Chirs Mooris - CO Whitelist

Chris - Synth Whitelist

"CM without RP is CM without a soul"

My join date is a lie, I've been around since 2017

Trial Moderator: 02AUG2020 - 08SEP2020
    Moderator: 08SEP2020 - 05NOV2020

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Good answer

2.Good answer again it is indeed and tricky one as it depends on a number of factors

3.The thing is with the xenos camping cyro before crash it kinda comes under one our COC "Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server" as players getting killed as soon as they spawn is not enjoyment for them but ya answer is good enough on subject

Ya answers to my question are good enough for me to hand ya a +1 good luck

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgtmike View Post
    1 - Give me three examples on:

OOC issues we would have to step in.
    IC issues that could be solved by Marine Law.

2 - Why to you think we mantain and enforce MRP and punish LRP?

OOC Issues:

1. Player commits a massive friendly fire incident and claims that they're new and don't know what they're doing. Notes say otherwise and show player has had a history of "soft griefing" but this is the first time they've done something thats outright griefing.

2. A player keeps saying meme phrases over Marine comms frequently to the point other players start complaining about it and try to solve the issue LOOC-ly but the offending player refuses to listen.

3. A player accidentally blows up a fuel cart on the Almayer in the southern hallway leading to the hangar just as Marines are loading onto the Alamo.

IC Issue:
    1. An incompetent pilot is constantly tardy or leaves supplies behind on the Almayer before they're onloaded onto the DS and the Command staff are pissed about it. A player sends a ahelp asking for Mods or Admins to take action. Falls under Neglect of Duty and maybe Disorderly Conduct and marked an IC Issue.

2. A Marine is walking around with no armor or helmet and a shotgun on the way to the DS during round start. I mean, pretty self-explanatory and easy that this is a breach of SOP and should be handled by the MPs. This is kind of a case of it could be handled ICly or OOCly, it depends on if anything is done at all through player intervention. If they manage to get planetside, then it becomes an OOC issue.

3. The CMP takes it upon themselves to release a prisoner before their time is up. The XO, currently aCO, catches wind of it and claims this is a rule break and that a Mod talk with the CMP to notify them that this is a rule break. I would personally mark it as an IC issue since the XO could very easily send a FAX or message to HC to have action taken IC-ly and doesn't require any mod or staff intervention.

As for why I think Mods maintain MRP and punish LRP is because LRP tends to lead to shenanigans that interrupt the round flow of killing xenos. People come to CM to kill xenos and act like a Marine or a CL or whoever they want to RP in the setting. LRP completely destroys the immersion or perception these players want to have and severely hurts their enjoyment. LRP also tends to breed a culture of soft griefing or even outright griefing that DEFINITELY will interrupt the round as a whole for a good number of players. At the end of the day, everyone expects a certain standard from CM and Mods are the first line of enforcement and defense of the server's MRP culture and standard.

Chris - Synth Whitelist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We maintain MRP and punish LRP because CM is a roleplaying server first and foremost, not a TDM. Stupid names like "GIGA DESTROYER" running around PB'ing xenos would just ruin that immersion that we have if we allow LRP to manifest, it slowly degrades the server quality as a whole, more than we're currently suffering. We need to ensure that the playerbase understands that spamming "BASED BASED BASED" on command announcements constantly like a TG player isn't cool, and it will be punished.

You answers are okay-ish. Nothing we can shape out in trial.

+1 Chungus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like the others have already run you through the wringer for the most part but I've got a couple more.

As far as LRP xenos, you'll usually only use XOOC to handle a rampant problem, such as the whole hive shitposting and congalining. You'll typically confront the individual directly since it's a bit cleaner.

A couple more questions too.

1. A Queen orders several of her minions, specified by name, to carry out a flank on a marine position. Several of them refuse, despite repeated orders, claiming that it would get them killed for reasons X, Y, and Z. The Queen then ahelps her xenos are being disobedient. Who's in the wrong here?

2. A medic is running around injecting injured marines with various medicines, resulting in fatal ODs. It doesn't appear to be intentional in that they aren't stabbing someone with QC four times apiece but they are interfering with other medic's work and getting people killed because they aren't responding to other medics. How do you handle the situation?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPhilipIII View Post

1. A Queen orders several of her minions, specified by name, to carry out a flank on a marine position. Several of them refuse, despite repeated orders, claiming that it would get them killed for reasons X, Y, and Z. The Queen then ahelps her xenos are being disobedient. Who's in the wrong here?

2. A medic is running around injecting injured marines with various medicines, resulting in fatal ODs. It doesn't appear to be intentional in that they aren't stabbing someone with QC four times apiece but they are interfering with other medic's work and getting people killed because they aren't responding to other medics. How do you handle the situation?
    1. The xenos who are disobeying the Queen are in the wrong. It doesn't matter what they think the Queen's strategy will result in, its clearly defined that all individual xenos MUST follow and fulfill the Queen's orders without question.

2. I would most likely DM them asking if they're familiar with the OD limits of drugs and what each drug is suppose to do. My first assumption is they're a new player that might not know but still, they could always be soft griefing. Check note histroy and see if they have any sort of history of griefing or misconduct. If they are new and have no idea how to medic, I'd most likely inform them they've been likely fatally ODing Marines and they should consult the medical guides on the wiki or forum or ask on #gameplay-help on Discord and have them job switched. If I suspect a possible griefer, then I'd ban from medic.

Chris - Synth Whitelist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpii View Post
    Snip
    Sounds about right to me.

+1

Any of your issues can be hammered out in a trial.