Byond ID?
    AlanParkerMasters

CM Character?
    Xin Ming

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes.

Timezone
    Central Standard Time (CST).

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    10-20 (This varies heavily, feel free to ask any questions regarding this).

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes, the majority of my staff experience is current for SS13, but I have worked on two SS13 servers that were in development. I was an Admin for a server called "Monsters and Mazes" and close to the rank of a Co-Owner for "SCP: A World Reborn".

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Yes, Dead Space 13 and Desert Rose 2 (see current staff).

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    N/A.

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    I am currently a Moderator/Dev for Dead Space 13 and an Administrator/Event Manager for Desert Rose 2.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Yes, I have been banned on Paradise over a year ago due to negative relations with a head staff member there. I have not been banned on any other server in SS13 besides Paradise.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes.

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Allow for the situation to play out ICly while questioning the marine on why they shot the player.
    Should their reasoning be malicious, ban accordingly. If accidental, note the player and observe any previous notes.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Provide the player that began the ticket with a link to a player report in our forums in order for the incident to be handled by a Whitelist maintainer. It would also be necessary to grab pertinent information, such as the ckey/in-game name of the player involved. Speaking with the Whitelisted player would also be necessary in order to understand what had occurred.
    Should no report be provided by a player, it may be necessary to speak to a respective Whitelist maintainer.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Provide them with information on how to get started by PMing them, along with possibly joining as an SEA if necessary in order to ensure that they get a handle of the game's mechanics.
    I would additionally provide links to guides as needed, in order to lend as much information on the game as I could to the new player.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Players are not permitted to "adminshop" and search for a better response from other staff should they have issues in a ticket.
    If the player had any issues with my rulings or actions, I would provide them with a link and point them towards a staff report in order to resolve the issue on the forums.
    Should the player continue to be indignant, a ahelp mute or a ban would possibly be in order.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    PM the player informing them of our policy regarding marine names and request a different name for themselves to replace their current one.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    This issue can be handled ICly by MPs and other staff of the Almayer, and does not necessarily require staff intervention.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Aheal the marine if necessary, and explain that our rules do not allow for survivors to be hostile towards marines at the moment. Ban/note as needed.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Investigate this claim by PMing the arresting MP and ensuring the reason the player is in Permanent Confinement. If the marine's statement is true, have the MP remove the marine from Permanent Confinement and either have them released or greatly reduce their time remaining in the Brig.
    It would also be worth speaking to the MP about this issue and how Marine Law handles these sorts of punishments.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Either wait for the scan results regarding the amounts of Xenos/Marines remaining to be announced by ARES or, if absolutely necessary, convince the CO/XO, using a fax or subtle message, to simply clear out the dwindling xenomorph numbers (or, alternatively, use Queen Mother to have the xenomorphs make one final attempt at destroying the talls, however fruitless it may be).

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Allow for another staff member to handle this ticket if possible due to potential bias of some kind being present in this situation. Use Discord to summon another staff member if necessary.
    Staff are not to handle any tickets in which they have some sort of involvement in.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Explain how a player of a hostile faction, whether it be xenomorphs and marines or marines and CLF, are capable of continuing combat if the round ends, as this would not be EORG and simply be combat continuing.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    This is a Rule 4 break, as Roundstart shenanigans are not permitted, as they disrupt the flow of the round. PM the player and warn/note or ban as necessary.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Aheal the killed marine if necessary, and speak to the other marine. It would be necessary to check when the player joined the server in order to gauge whether or not they are inexperienced with our rules.
    If the player is not new, ban accordingly due to the rule break requiring quite some effort from the rule breaking marine.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Utilize MOOC and explain that this mutiny was not authorized, and to immediately refrain from continuing it.
    Additionally; I would provide information on how to properly request a mutiny should one be possible at the time.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Review the comments being said ICly. Should the comments be excessive, speak to the players involved about this and to tone it down immediately.
    Should the comments be relatively harmless, speak to the player about how the comments do not appear to be in poor taste or malicious. Should the player not be satisfied with this, simply provide them with a link to the forums in order to file a player complaint.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Aheal the injured marines and permanently ban the player, providing a link to our forums in order to file an appeal.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    PM the player and question their reasoning behind running towards combat as a larva. Should the player be relatively inexperienced in the role, note as needed. If the player has previous notes and quite some playtime, ban accordingly.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    PM the xenomorph about this and inform them that xenomorphs should not present themselves in this manner in hivemind, and to stop themselves from acting in a LRP fashion. Should it continue, ban/jobban accordingly.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Inform the reporting player that this is acceptable as some players may not be as familiar with the naming scheme that the xenomorphs use for IC flavor, and that this is considered fine.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    PM the Command player about this and request that they refrain from mentioning aliens being on the planet or present at round start. Note if absolutely necessary.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    PM the marine that has killed another and inform them that marines should not be killing one another unless the circumstances dictate that another player is considered hostile. Ban accordingly as this is a poor excuse and should not be encouraged at all.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    PM the player and inform them to refrain from causing any more issues, and provide them with a link to our staff complaints on the forums in order to air any grievances with any staff members.
    Should the situation absolutely warrant it, a LOOC/deadchat mute or a ban may be handed out to the irate player.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Explain to the player that the situation must continue ICly and that an SSD player can still be interacted with, especially in a combat setting.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would simply speak with the staff member in Staff Chat (in-game) about any misinformation and attempt to assist them in correcting themselves by providing them with advice on whatever it may be they were having issues with.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Should any higher-ranking staff member be present, simply ask for them to clarify any issues and quell any arguing. If none are present, I would request one from Discord in order to get a handle on any inter-staff issues.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I thoroughly enjoy playing on CM-13 and love helping out in SS13 communities by both contributing to moderating/administrating teams, as well as developing maps/events to make servers fun and entertaining for playerbases.
    Additionally; I primarily main as a Doctor/CMO as they are my favorite roles. They provide a good chunk of downtime at times with not much to do while waiting for injured marines.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    The ability to remain calm, unbiased, and informed are all equally important and vital skills in being a staff member.

Anything else you
    I am incredibly active in multiple communities and have a good chunk of time on my hands. If you have absolutely any questions, feel free to DM me on Discord so that I may clarify them.
    Bird#5415
    Last edited by AlanParkerMasters; 07-25-2020 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Typographical error corrections and answer refinements.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for applying Alan ya answers are pretty much picture perfect with a good amount of detail so ya smashed that side of the ball onto to playtime and notes ya playtime could be better but it's passable and with ya notes while the last one does cause some concern it was last month over 30 days ago so in summary. Prefect answers/Decent Playtime but could be better/Note history is alright but a little bit of concern for me there is enough here to out weigh the concern from the note to give ya a shot at being a mod +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Cheeks View Post
    Prefect answers/Decent Playtime but could be better/Note history is alright but a little bit of concern for me there is enough here to out weigh the concern from the note to give ya a shot at being a mod +1
    I appreciate the good vibes, thanks!
    However; my two notes out of the time I've been around are both incredibly accidental. They include:

Killed a monkey so they would stop getting lost. Told that it can screw over xenos greatly and was understanding of it. Told to be more careful on thing such as this.
    on 2020-04-30 22:58:04

This note, while my worst, was a very brief misstep, as I shot said monkey while roaming in a group of marines on Prison Station as a gag. I however, immediately after, remembered the ruling on how monkeys and other "free hosts" are not to be killed by humans. I was then bwoinked by a staff member and I made it clear that this was just a mistake, and that it would not happen again.

Banned for 180 | EORG
    on 2020-06-17 12:27:28

This ban was placed with some rather poor reasoning, as it was placed after me and two other marines were firing into an empty room at round end to just empty our gear. I tossed a grenade far into the back of the room, allowing for some incredibly poor RNG to have shrapnel hit the other two marines with incredibly light damage, which I repaired very quickly, using bicaridine and oxycodone autoinjectors. I attempted to explain this to the banning staff member that appeared on the ban reason a few seconds after I healed the marines, however they did not appear willing to talk this ban out. This ban was overturned roughly 5 minutes later by Admin Manager Overlord after explaining the issue with them and presenting them with the dilemma. I had not been banned on CM prior to this ban.

I hope this may clear out any ambiguity with my notes history.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, thanks for applying Alan. Your answers are okay. I see no reason why we should not give you a chance, thing is, i don't remember seeing you ingame much, so if you're willing to ramp those game hours a bit more, i'd be willing to give you my vote.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No major comments on my part either besides the hours thing.

To quote a dead meme; THOSE ARE ROOKIE NUMBERS. GOTTA PUMP THEM UP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPhilipIII View Post
    No major comments on my part either besides the hours thing.

To quote a dead meme; THOSE ARE ROOKIE NUMBERS. GOTTA PUMP THEM UP

Basically this. Answers are fine, sub twenty hours isn't really.
    It's changing here and there, but it's asked that you can make an average of one hour a day per month, so 25-30 monthly is generally the ideal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your notes are recent but aren't too bad in the grand scheme of things. They do have me a tad more apprehensive. That, combined with your hours, make be believe you're ALMOST there. Just get some more hours and keep your notes and such clean and ill have no issue. You clearly have the knowledge for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to clear some things up, I have managed to secure roughly 70 hours this month and 80 hours last month on CM. I am unsure if this is somehow remarkably low, but I believe that I have put quite some time on here.
    If my character name does not appear very familiar, I primarily join as a Doctor and work Medbay or Field Surgery for rounds on end, often not appearing in the frontlines, where many players may be.

Please be aware that I am busy sometimes and that I may not be able to contribute hundreds of hours at times. I hope that you may be understanding of this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanParkerMasters View Post
    snip
    Do not worry about it. We ask for availability, it's ok if you can't do hundreds of hours and as personal opinion and as i said to every mod i trained in the past, Do not feel obligated to mod and carry the whole server on the back alone, Moderating can be stressful and cause you to burn out fast.

I am in favour of a trial.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check your DM's Shortly, this is accepted.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer