Byond ID?
    Pinkledwrenis

CM Character?
    Willy Red

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    US EST, UTC -5

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    No

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    No

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    N/A

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Yes

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    CM only

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Contact the player if they had attempted to murder another player and inform them they have broken server rules. Note for first offense, ban for repeat offenses. (3 hour, 24 hour, etc) Otherwise, accidents happen and they can be handled in character.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Inform the predator council of a possible honor code violation.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Subtle messages can go a long way. I'd attempt using them to guide them before contacting them directly OOC.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Be professional. Players are people, having a short temper is not out of the ordinary. If the situation warrants it or input is required, I would contact an admin on behalf of the players request.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Advise them of the rule break and using a proper name. I would not note the player if they were a new ckey. That is, less than 24 hours played.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Nothing. The matter should be handled in character.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Note or ban the survivor player if they are repeat offender.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Contact the MP player and inform them that they have failed to follow marine law incarceration procedures. Note them and advise them to read the marine law page on the wiki.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Since you only have access to queen mother, you should tell the xenomorphs to engage the marines.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Ahelp and request another moderator look into it.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Attacking a hostile member of another team/faction is not end of round grief.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Tell them its an IC issue.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Inform the player they failed to properly escalate. Note the player that killed the marine for improper escalation. Ban for repeat offenses.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    If they are organizing, inform the players in OOC that a mutiny has been not been approved and advise them to follow the proper procedure for one. If they are on the cusp of assaulting the CIC, give a final warning and sleep on all marines on screen, announcing in OOC that failing to follow mutiny procedure is grounds for punishment. Investigate the instigating marine if any person(s) are known.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Inform them that it is an IC issue. However, spamming offensive words with the only intent to "be funny" is LRP and should be handled as a rule break.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Note the player and ban for three hours. After investigation, follow up with perma ban if warranted.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Contact the player and inform them of the rule break. Note for first offense and ban for repeat offenses.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Contact the player and inform of the rule break. As above note for first offense and ban for repeat offenses.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    This is an IC issue if it can even be referred it as such.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    If they expressly say there are xenos, contact the player and inform them of roleplay standards. Possibly note.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    They have improperly escalated. If they had fought the player and escalated properly then there would be no issue.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    This could be a rule break. However, I believe in applying a note for this requires the level of insults and harassment to be severe to legendary.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Inform them that these things happen unfortunately and staff cannot intervene.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would not interfere. I might advise the other moderator of their error depending on the situation.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would not interfere if I was not involved in the dispute. This should be brought up with headstaff by either moderator.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I want to contribute to the community. I've been playing for a long time and I figure its time I pay my dues, so to speak.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Patience

Anything else you
    I played marine once, it was terrible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for applying Pink ya answers most of them are short with not alot of detail but my app was like that so won't knock ya there as most are right now onto playtime and notes I know ya play CM quite a bit as I do see ya around so playtime is not a issue but notes is a different story as ya have 3 notes this month with the most recent one being about harassment which does look bad so I'm afraid it's -1 for now but keep note clean for a while and I'll have no problem giving the green light.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 Notes, sorry man, reapply when you have made at least 30 days without a recent note.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer