Thread: What if every round was like WO

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if every round was like WO

So hear me out...

The one thing I love about WO is how accurate to aliens it feels. Instead of the xenomorphs acting like walking tanks that are afraid to get killed, they instead use numbers and just charge at the marines as their sentry ammo gets quickly depleted and cade lines fall. Just like in the movie when Ripley and the others have to make a last stand. Imagine if xenos were nerfed slightly but got a large amount of respawns every round.

Imagine ice, instead of xenos being afraid to come up the ladders, they instead charge up and use their numbers to overpower marine defences. Or on LV, where they keep coming out of the fog and it feels like this threat will never stop.

Im not a xeno player so I dont know what its like playing as one during a WO round, I'm guessing its not as fun as what the rounds are usually like however I'd like to hear peoples opinions on it, especially the xeno players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good or bad, I bet it would be laggy as hell

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh, I'd rather play CM with the xenos being similar to how they are now (MOBA bad)
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll tell you how it feels to play xeno on WO

The worst type of gameplay you can possibly imagine

For the early of the game, the only thing you CAN do and the only thing you SHOULD do is to just hold W into marine's cade and die. Unless marines make a massive mistake, then you work with that and maybe get 2 marines out tops. For the middle part, where you get your T2, you can maybe threaten a cadeline, but nothing will really matter because there's nothing T2 and T1 can do to a cadeline when every single marine is hugging it and there're 3 sentries everywhere you look. For the late part of the game, you actually get to have a bit of fun because then you get T3s. And it really shows, because marines absolutely eat shit when T3s start spawning in. The round will end in 15-20 minutes later either in marine win (if you don't suicide fast enough in the early and middle part of the game) or a xeno win

All and all, playing xeno in WO is similar to getting tortured, with a shiny cherry at the end of the tunnel to not make WO a braindead experience where marine can just AFK and win. The only reason why it keeps appearing is because 1. devs want to test it and 2. staff wants to cade hug and gets easy kills because they can't do it otherwise in normal game mode. Because xeno sure as hell doesn't enjoy playing it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah WO needs NPC xenos.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually enjoy WO, as a marine and as a xeno. As a marine, you cadehug, roleplay, run around and suppress fire while the engis fix the broken cades. Pretty cool. As xeno, you charge the marines, suiciding, of course, but your objective is to get 3-4 slashes on that cade. Then, spam-pounce marines as they retreat. It's a cool feature.

No, I don't want the whole game to be like WO, that would be laggy, boring and yeah, etc. etc.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    roleplay on WO map? lol impossible

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    roleplay on WO map? lol impossible
    What? You mean that when marines are overwhelmed by brutal force, its impossible to RP? Good to know, lets bring back 75-25 winrate, it will make more RP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WO is fun because it's different
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, as long as we don't have it super often it will continue to be fun.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler: