User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What if every round was like WO

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back in the day we used to get WO a lot, but it got really boring because we overplayed it. Similar to zombies. Everyone says they like zombies, but once you play it once or twice you're done with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dislike WO and WO gameplay,

but having xeno easier to kill, with more, many more respawn, this is a great idea.

in normal rounds, xenos should be able to die and respawn 3x more. it would be cool.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WO was fun because it was played once every gorillion years and didn't lag as much back then

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not the WO gameplay of marines having to defend one location, but the Xeno respawn rate and them being weaker is what I was talking about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would enjoy it more if there werent so many sentries, at least make the marines work for their t1 kills

and all the slower castes get really annoying to use really fast since you gotta keep walking from way back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd prefer a WO round where there are no barricades at all, and both marines/xenos respawn with some rate that makes it balanced and lets whichever team has slightly better players sucessfully push.

The current WO just isn't an enjoyable gameplay loop, as all it consists of is "Charge at the cades, slash them twice, then explode" for 75% of the gameplay, then if a cadeline ever falls marine just go to the next and repeat. This isn't enjoyable, challenging or skillful content as a xeno player, or even a marine player really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think ben11567 was talking about the xeno tankiness / respawn rate.

i think he mean the alien to be easier to kill and have much more faster and and bigger ammount of respawn so they can actualy swarm (in normal maps)

i dont think he mean actualy make all map like WO.

just the killing / respawn rate could be improoved so we dont have the feelin xeno are supier tanky (caus lorewise / canon = they are not tanky at all! see aliens 2 moovie for proof)

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningMetal View Post

i dont think he mean actualy make all map like WO.

just the killing / respawn rate could be improoved so we dont have the feelin xeno are supier tanky (caus lorewise / canon = they are not tanky at all! see aliens 2 moovie for proof)
    That is exactly it, nerf Xeno health but give them way more respawns

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using movie or lore as an excuse is pathetic considering that xeno acid would instantly kill you if you get hit once (the thing almost breached Nostromo's hull for fuck's sake), and any FF incident would be absolutely lethal instead of being just a mild annoyance

We will never be able to have an endless horde type for xeno because people don't play xeno. Not back then, not now. I reckon 80% of the entire server solely plays marine, and they would either keep rolling for marine or just stop playing altogether if you limit marine slots and make xeno an endless horde. Then CM would lose the top 3 spots of the byond hub and slowly bleed out its player base until it goes into that silent good night. And with only 20% of the entire CM player base plays xeno, they better have the possibility to at least win a 1v4 with certain castes and with good enough skill, because that's how outnumbered they'd be.
    Last edited by DefinitelyAlone0309; 08-02-2020 at 12:39 AM.

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WO is from starship troopers not aliens.