Your Character Name?
    random gen at the time, dont know
    Their BYOND Key
    Mizari
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    1/22/19 4:50pm
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    - If a player breaks a rule, but increases the enjoyment of the server in general, (through roleplay or other such things) it can be overlooked. If no one admin helps (ahelp) a complaint, or seems to be complaining or taking issue with it, it may be best to let it go.
    - We're a server focused on the enjoyment of the players. As long as the players are having a blast and not every single rule is being broken, it's okay to let some things slide here and there.
    - Do not try to heavily influence the game unless it is for very good reasoning such as for an event, a player purposefully holding up the game, dishing out punishment for rule breaking (Examples: a commander killed a marine unjustly, a squad of marines are killing other marines for no reason, a queen is slashing every host known to man, aliens have stacked too many huggers) or other such things.
    Description of the incident
    ERT spawned into air airlock, walked out to caded and welded shut doors, which is weird walked into another room, caded and welded door, one door out. Marines immediately spam rifle fire through that door, trapped in room, shortly afterwards nade spam. obviously spawn killing, we were stuck in a room with out way out, and that way had nades coming in and rifle fire, a SMALL room. when i tried to ahelp a respawn or something, was told its a IC issue...how is it a IC issue for us to spawn into a sealed room and die?
    one screen, showing the room in question and all my blasted fellow spawns, I spaced out and forgot that screenshots dont get chat log, and the admin convo got bumped, and when i asked about pulling a log somehow, was ignored.
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    If they told me it was thier bad, but couldnt respawn for X reason i would get it, but its extremely demeaning to your players to tell them its a IC issue they spawned into a sealed room. ITS NOT. his trial should be over, it is in no way a IC issue your shuttle docks into a sealed room and you walk into a slaughter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so first of all, I tried to explain this issue to you but due to you being very angry that you died, I went into detail as to what you could of done. We allowed a UPP ERT to spice things up during an event, we in no way sent the shuttle to a specific part and I was watching the dropship. Upon landing I noticed there was a barricade which I removed for you guys and let you advance into the ship and it just so happened that three marines who were trying to escape from the Zombies flooding the ship were waiting there. There were two baricades in that room, one without wires which after you killed the marines, you could of vaulted over....Instead however you guys chose to run around the room and end up getting flashbanged and eventually killed by marines.

Now we did the nice thing by actually letting you guys advance from your shuttle instead of keeping you boxed in. I told you it was an IC issue because what do you actually expect me to do when you died legitimately.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was one of the UPP who boarded the south dock, the marines there were building an anti-zombie base, and we got trapped well inside of it. You could've gone back into the shuttle and redeploy it, however. It was basically a trap, that is all.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was also in that ERT shuttle, just ended up being a big meme and not enjoyable at all.

Ceyella
    vaulted over into gunfire, yes, that would have worked out great. im sorry i didnt see that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to point out once again that I have no control of where you guys end up landing, that is your own choice when you select areas. However I will state thats its unfortunate that you guys ended up in the bad area however I gave you guys the chance to try advance, I could of just left you guys boxed in there but that would of been even less enjoyable for you.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was an event which was created by Overlord. Mizari and I were assisting along with developers Awan and Neth.
    I was observing too, and unfortunately we trial admins have basic powers and we cannot decide where a ERT shuttle lands on the Almayer. I think mizari tried to make it better for you guys by deleting the barricade, however at the time the Almayer was already infected with zombies and the marines were in full panic defensive mode. I heard mizari mention it on discord, he did say if you died legitimately there was nothing we could really do. Trial admins are like moderators when it comes to ahealing people. We�re not full admins who can use a rule 0 to heal you to continue the event.

There was no malicious intent by any of us, we tried our best by making sure people got to play again in other ERTs, zombies, etc...
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 01-22-2019 at 10:59 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasn't a fun ERT to be a part of but I doubt it was intentionally or maliciously done by any of the staff.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think an important part to remember about this round is, as I heard as a Charlie Marine and confirmed by announcements, the UPP was coating their bullets in poison, later revealed to be what was turning people into zombies. I'm pretty sure by the time the ERT arrived Marines were in a panic murdering each other over suspicions of being infected and we'd all more or less decided that letting the UPP shoot us was worse than simply dying. As staff said, the ERT shuttle can be launched and dock elsewhere, so you could have looked around, decided to return to the shuttle, and launched to another landing point.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a part of that ERT and it was not a good place to dock but this is really an IC issue. There were zombies and people just decided to barricade that space off. Mizari did what any other staff member would do. Just because an exit was barricaded does not mean a mod will delete barricades because they happened to be placed there.
    Last edited by AcuteCircle; 01-23-2019 at 12:12 AM.